The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Higgins,Lappy and Weise(Discussion)

I could see higgins getting moved at the trade deadline because in the off season canucks will be moving a goalie for sure. Hopefully for Lu/Schneider=D-man,Forward,Prospect/Pick or 2 Forwards,Propsect/Pick , Im thinking thats what Gillis is asking for.

So if we Package Higgins,Lappy and Weise together whats possible playoff player could we get?

We don't pay a lot for these guys, and they are all performing at or above their pay grade. I see no reason to get rid of them unless they are part of a bigger trade for someone big coming back, which would have a trickle-down effect to fill the hole of the player leaving.

Higgins is indispensible and if I were MG, I'd be looking to extend him asap. It never ceases to surprise me how many people want to toss this guy into deals as an afterthought - terrible idea.

Lapierre has been somewhat disappointing this season, not so much because of his stats, but because I think he has lost some quickness in putting on those extra 20lbs - I'd prefer the smaller more mobile version of Lapierre - this version I'd be looking to upgrade or at the least, move to the wing as the second center on the fourth line.

Weise was a waiver grab who does some things well - I don't mind him as a 14th man - but I wouldn't want to be depending upon him to step up beyond the 12th spot.

I don't know what you'd get for a package like this - ask yourself what team needs an entire line of very good cap-value depth forwards. If the Canucks lost these three guys, you could certainly add the Canucks to any list, and I don't see a number of roster players returning in a Luongo deal, so I'd have to say I certainly wouldn't move Higgins without an overpayment, and moving Lapierre doesn't make much sense with the current depth at center...

Archived