The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Buffalo puts Cody McCormick on waivers

D.Doughty

We have almost $1.9 million adjusted for the partial year. Add the $600k from the roster player he would replace and there is plenty of room this year. that isn't even counting putting Malhotra on LTIR which we haven't done yet.

I do think he is overpaid for what he is, but he is certainly an upgrade for us and any other deals would likely be freeing up cap space for us and not taking on more cap (Luongo going out).

While he isn't ideal, he is probably one of the best free options that has come up this year to improve us. I just don't see him not getting claimed beforehand though.

I didn't hear Handzus is on waivers? Last I heard he had a NMC with San Jose.

Aside from that small detail, he costs more and isn't what you need for a 3rd or 4th line centre.

Because a player has been waived by a worse team, doesn't mean he doesn't have a better fit with a different organization. Different teams have different needs.

I have no idea what you are talking about...

According to Capgeek he has a NMC.

If players with NMC or NTC weren't allowed as proposals, then go ask the mods to delete the 500 Luongo threads.

You where the one that brought up Handzus as an option in response to the comment "Cody is one of the better FREE options that has come up this year"... if we want to make a trade (vs. just picking up a 4th liner off waivers), then there are a lot of better options than either Handzus or Mccormick.

PERFECT pick up for this team. A very respectable fighter (see fight with Tanner Glass), good size at 6'3 221 and plays center.

To add to that, he had 8 goals and 20 points in his last full season.

IF, and that is a big IF, he doesn't get claimed before we have a chance, no-brainer pick up.

Archived