The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is AV the problem?

clynch

blame who you want but the truth is that the players aren't playing up to their potential, especially when their opponents forecheck them into the ice...there always has to be a scape goat eh?...vigneault, luongo, gillis, bieksa, raymond, the sedins, weise, volpatti, the stick boy and the player's moms....someone is to blame right?

blame who you want but the truth is that the players aren't playing up to their potential, especially when their opponents forecheck them into the ice...there always has to be a scape goat eh?...vigneault, luongo, gillis, bieksa, raymond, the sedins, weise, volpatti, the stick boy and the player's moms....someone is to blame right?

But the whole point og giving away CoHo and going for a power forward type player was to address defficiencies in how the Sedins are shut down and abused. Going back to the old tried and true, is asking for the same thing to happen again.

RIck Bowness is AV's responsibility as is NB. IF their system doesn't work (and it doesn't) it's up to AV to deal with it...he is the head coach, right?

The constant line juggling is also a factor in their mistake-ridden play. Chemistry isn't some kind of magic that 2 or 3 guys develop instantaneously. It takes time together and practise. AV starts moving players up and down and side to side every time someone has a bad shift. It's ridiculous!!

All that aside, there is the motivation and prepared issue. How many times do these guys not show up early in a game and how many times do they take 20 minutes off and cough up a lead?

Even if AV isn't the problem, a new voice with a different message may be the solution. Bruce Boudreau is sure doing wonders for Anaheim!!

Bolland didn't fight yesterday, unless I missed it when I was getting food. (it doesn't show up on the score sheet as an actual 5 minute major if he was involved in a fight). Are you getting him mixed up with Bollig? When I called bolland a troublemaker, I was totally getting at pest. I sure as hell don't attribute fighting to him though, but it does start scrums at times.

My response to yours was actually in agreement, you replied to someone who said "Bolland had the ok to scrap", I posted in support of what you said.

I am however now confused about Bollig/Bolland. I watched the game last night, and could have swore it was Bolland fighting Weise, but now see it must have been Bollig.

we have had a slack division for a while now, so its pretty easy to say with our team we should be tops in our conference with a chance at presidents trophy.

Allowing 3 break aways, some when we were on the PP is not accepted. AV should have given a talk to the players and told them to tighten up, or maybe its because we are playing daniel sedin on the point, one of our slowest skaters on the team. I still dont get why we arent setting up Garrison with his big blast from the point, its what we did with salo. Although he needs to lower the height of his shot and hit the net, but look at late last night. get a guy to the net simplify all the passing on the PP and just get a shot to the net and look what happens.

I have been disappointed with the lack ofenthusiasm or in game talking AV does. How can you just stand their and allow your team to give up 3 break aways, and not talk with your coaches and come up with some better offensive plays and not be so typical. Chicago realizes the sedins do the drop pass and look for eachother, its too predictable, they intercepted passes last night.

We wont fire AV until atleast after this year if we get bounced early in the playoffs. But I must say, he has had a long leash with this team and if he cant wake his team up and start coaching better when we have a lead it should be considered.

Our goaltending masks alot of our teams short comings, last night could have been a blowout if schneider didnt make all those early saves. Theyve kept us in low scoring affairs and have been doing this for over 2 years. Maybe they have been making AV look too good?

name='goalie13'

Whenever I see these AV threads pop up I always wonder... who would you replace him with that is a coach with NHL experience that would be an upgrade and that is available?

Coaches have been fired during the season before, without high end coaches being available or being hired. Look at all the minor league coaches that have come up in recent years. Bylsma won a cup, Boudreau is a good coach that ovechkin ran out of washington. Tampas coach has a great offensive mind, they just need some great goaltending(luongo) and they could be a threat, and maybe try to fix their D a bit. Dineen, Kirk Muller.

There have been quite a few ex players and ahl coaches who have made the jump to the nhl and done well. Its not always about signing a recently fired coach and hoping he can turn it around, a fresh facem new style and ideas would be a welcome addition to our team in my opinion

Atleast coach Q makes adjustments and it definitely showed last night.... they knew our system to a tee.

Without elite goaltending ONCE AGAIN we would have been blown out, same story all the time....

I've never once seen AV been able to exploit another teams system, which is why he's a great regular season coach but a bad playoff one, when you play the same team every night and need to know how to adjust.

I agree time for a change. Not that AV is a bad coach he just isn't great. Our team is stacked right now yet every year you see us have a slow start, and mediocre playoffs(compared to how we play during the reg season).

That's on the coaching staff, drives me nuts how no one holds them accountable for our slow starts every year. I mean it doesn't have to be that way, and it is on the coaching staff to get the team prepared for the start of a season.

Come mid season we are fine because well honestly are team is just alot better than some of the other teams in our division and league.

Then come playoffs when you need that extra lil push we fall flat, can't score and generally just play worse. Everyone then turns and says oh it's because we need this or we need that.

Guys take a good look at our team and compare it to others, we are stacked. There aren't many teams that can match our skill. We just need to play our game and have a smart coach that can tinker and make small adjustments to get them going when they need that small push.

Our talent alone will give us a good record come regular season, what not try someone new steering the ship, couldn't hurt. Last thing we want to see is what happened to my football team(chargers). Have an incredible team in a weak division with a mediocre coach. You will put up a good record, but will faulter in the playoffs. Won't change the coach because look at our record from last year. Will be the status quo year after year, untill the talent detiorates(which it will) before you finally make a move on the weak link, and your window is closed. Just my thoughts could be wrong but why not try something

Atleast coach Q makes adjustments and it definitely showed last night.... they knew our system to a tee.

Without elite goaltending ONCE AGAIN we would have been blown out, same story all the time....

I've never once seen AV been able to exploit another teams system, which is why he's a great regular season coach but a bad playoff one, when you play the same team every night and need to know how to adjust.

Yes, yes, we've heard it all before. "AV doesn't make adjustments", "Av juggles too much", "Av doesn't talk to his players", "AV never uses his timeouts" (except when he does). It's amazing that a coach with so many flaws isn't constantly fightimng for the first overall pick...

Go ahead and have your little circle jerk. AV will be around longer than you will because people who actually know something about it are in charge, rather than self-entitled, so-called fans.

Archived