Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clynch

Is AV the problem?

160 posts in this topic

The best coaches in the world have been fired. After a certain amount of time, coaches no longer are effective on the team, and change is what's needed.

He's not fighting for the 1st overall pick because he is a fine coach in the regular season but gets out coached all the time in the playoffs.

Don't know why you can't see this.

The best coaches in the world have been fired. After a certain amount of time, coaches no longer are effective on the team, and change is what's needed.

yes, if AV don't do well this season and Ruff is still available....who knows.

Ruff is a good coach, he was part of team Canada Olympic team in 2010, not just any coach gets to be part of it.

Ruff is a pretty good coach.

The reason he got fired is because Regier assembled a horrible team. So now he`s saving his own butt.

But if Buffalo continues its freefall, maybe we can get Ott out of there.

I wish I knew more about Lindy Ruff. Buffalo is doing horrible, which is strange cuz their players aren't doing too bad. They have a nice young line-up. I dunno...

Ruff is a good coach,but he's a guy that could really use some time off...He is no upgrade on AV

I think we should talk more about our Special Teams coach before AV... We have a dedicated PP coach and he's done nothing. Our powerplay looks awful. Unless we get a 5 on 3 then I mean it's almost a free goal.

2 breakaways on the man-advantage? Maybe we should fire our dedicated Powerplay Coach who looks like he's doing more harm then good.

One has to wonder why Mike Gillis can't see this either. If it is so glaringly obvious, as you seem to think, how is it that it has escaped the notice of a GM who was voted the best in the entire league?

Every time the Canucks lose a few games these threads pop up. Teams go on streaks sometimes. If you remember, they were on a six game winning streak recently.

Was coach Q the "problem" in Chi-Town last season, or was his team just not playing up to their potential?

The only reason why this team hasn't won a cup yet is because of AV, this team should have won a cup by now with this core of players. So what if this team wins the President Trophy, if he's that special then he should of won us a cup by now, but that's not the case, he can't do it, because he get's out coached all the time in playoffs it's ridiculous. The back to back loses 2 years in a row to Chicago in the playoffs should of been a good enough sign, but still wasn't, and then the year later they were up 3-1 and still almost lost it in game 7 that's just horrible coaching and it's sad he is still here.

Always have been and always will be a NON AV SUPPORTER, it will be a sad day when this core is split up and they couldn't win a cup because their Coach chokes in playoffs.

After watching last nights game, and the last few, I am starting to wonder if AV is the problem. I think over the years that he is a fine coach, however I'm not convinced that he's the one to help bring the cup to Vancouver, more of a second line coach if you will.

Different decisions that baffle me.

The team, and fans, recognize the need for toughness in the top 6. GMMG gets some (Kassian). He is tied for the team lead in goals, is a willing combatant, however is demoted to the bottom six and had only 10 minutes last night. Bolland is in Chicago's top 6 and by comparison is afforded the ability to scrap when the team needs it.

Keeping Tanev in the lineup. While i think he is a deceent 3rd pair dman, he is lucky to have a partner like Ballard. Not only last night, but in many games this season I have seen him make questionable passes to his partner, forcing Ballard to eitherforce a play to taking a hard hit, rather than chiping it out of the zone. I'd like to see Barker inserted into the lineup to at least see what he can offer. He isn't doing any good in the press box.

If Kesler is supposed to be "eased"into the line up how come after 3 games he averages the most ice time among forwards? If AV expects to keep him fresh for the playoffs then he needs to trust others to be on the ice, whether it's the PK, PP ot 5v5. At 21 minutes per gamehe will be fatigued, injured and battered and bruised come the playoffs.

Overall he needs to have more balanced ice time.

My rant for the morning.

Not saying I agree with him being an upgrade or not but coaches overall have a short shelf life, some have longer than others,

For Instance Sutter has about a 1-2 year shelf life before the he doesn't get through to the players anymore, Bruce Boudreau got fired in Washington. Does that mean he is a bad coach? NO is just meant his players stop playing for him. It's something the canucks need to ask them selves. Is Allains' shelf life expired?

Burke refused to acknowledge Wilson's role as well.  Wouldn't expect MG to publicly say AV is a problem but he may think it.  You don't really kow.

Lots of folks wanting AV fired, but not coming up with any suggestions for a replacement. Guess some fans think MG can pull a better coach out of his hat.

Soooo...let's have a look at who's available...

Lindy Ruff: have a look at the Buffalo boards and see what they're saying. Makes AV look like a genius in Nuck fans' eyes.

Mark Crawford: retread and you're dead.

Ron Wilosn: did such a great job in To! Meet the new Vancouver Maple Leafs...

Anyone I'm missing? Maybe some coach in the Swedish hinterland?