The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is AV the problem?

clynch

Sorry for the confusion, Bolland didn't scrap last night but tried to and would have if Hansen would have accommodated.

As far as firing AV, that is part of the discussion. Who is available and who would be a good replacement? The first few that come to mind as available are Renny, Quin, MacTavish, promote Arneil? Not that any of these are better than AV. Heck, there may not be any currently available, but something I think MG should be aware of.

And yes, AV needs to be able to take the hit for deficincies from his assistants, thats why he's the boss.

wouldnt AV have to do somthing to be the problem? hes never talking to his players on the bench hes never ripping guys for bad turnovers or a bad shift keeping them acountable hes never drawing up plays on the timeout breaks he just stands their chewing his gum ....it was great for him and gillis win coach and gm of the year when the team was full of allstars put in place by past management.

I think AV is a fine coach, I just think it's time to start working on a better game plan for 2nd periods. We have been horrendous in the middle frame. But that has been a problem for a couple years now. Even in our 2010-11 campaign, most of the teams losses came because they became stagnant in the 2nd period. It is almost as if conditioning isn't as good as it should be and they become tired after the first 20 and use the second period to catch their breath.

The PK has improved, and scoring has increased, and the PP is better with Kesler available.

wouldnt AV have to do somthing to be the problem? hes never talking to his players on the bench hes never ripping guys for bad turnovers or a bad shift keeping them acountable hes never drawing up plays on the timeout breaks he just stands their chewing his gum ....it was great for him and gillis win coach and gm of the year when the team was full of allstars put in place by past management.

Archived