159 replies to this topic

#151 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

Im not saying AV is bad, he's fine. I think after the years he's been here themessage may need to change.

Also, it's never been a secret that he has had issues with younger players developing.

I think he can get more out of what he has. And as far as being the number 3 seed, not to bash the team, but it's not that hard when the rest of your dividion isn't doing well. you only need to be better than the other 4.

We won't fail with AV, we just may not reach our potential.

OMG, this young players developing crap again??

Kesler, Burrows, & Bieksa say hello.

Stop getting your opinion from the guy down the hall at work that plays Div 12 hockey at 8 rinks.

Edited by TheCammer, 20 February 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Posted Image

#152 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,706 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

The Canucks obviously need a big tune up, they are a V8 team that's been running on 5 or 6 cylinders since the Boston game last year. The engine is broken and AV doesn't have the tools to fix it.
AV has always been a lousy playoff coach and that has now creeped it's way into the teams regular season performances. This team could make the playoffs with a chimpanzee behind the bench due to the talent they have and the creampuff division they play in, they do not need AV.
Gillis cant get rid of the whole team so that only leaves one other option. If he doesn't drop the hammer on the coach the end result will most likely be the same as it always is, nice regular season, early playoff exit. Lindy Ruff or just about anybody could probably squeeze more out of this team than AV's been able to.

#153 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Not to mention he likes his team toughness, He has always had a tough guy(s) in his lineup no matter who they played.

When Lucic ran Miller, he had to answer for it (although he beat the crap our of Gaustad lol)

When Neil went after Drury, he immediately sends out Kaleta, Peters and Mayer to answer for the hit. THAT IS TEAM TOUGHNESS.

This team has been transformed into a bunch of pansies under AV. his refusal to dress a tough lineup against tough teams. And the response to Keith in his first game since the incident on HOME ICE was pathetic. Not one even skated up to him to talk to Keith or remind him that they didnt forget.. there was more emotions on a nothing game with Dallas than that night.

AV is too 'classy' for tough hockey, still following the Detroit model.. thats fine and all if were respected like the Wings are, but we are the frigging Vancouver Canucks, the 'most hated team in hockey'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAPhqXj_24I

I believe the Sabres and Ruff were fined in this melee, but im sure the the owners have no problem paying seeing that their team responded like a true team.

i wish we had the team that had a response like that in them, instead we get to watch our stars and goalies get run , injured and no retribution, ever. it's a joke.same old kumbaya canucks...sure we're 3rd in the league in fights but half of those are Dale Wiese hanging onto a guy that is feeding him.

i blame Gillis, he needs to add a couple monsters. team is too soft, playoffs are meat grinding savagery and Gillis seems to think euro style tiddlywinks under 180 lbs will somehow survive 4 rounds of 7 game (w/OT's) slugfests , we have 10/12 soft forwards and 6 soft defensemen.

I was hoping Garrison would have a physical edge but he looks softer than Sami Salo.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#154 kassian's lost tooth

kassian's lost tooth

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Every time we lose, we get another douche making a douche thread. :picard:

Then don't read it! Give me Lindy Ruff. He'll hold players accountable...and he doesn't chew gum.

#155 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

Also, it's never been a secret that he has had issues with younger players developing.

Absolute fiction. Has CoHo really inspired this overblown myth?!!!

AV has had many of the core crew as rookies.

Really wish this sentiment would just die already.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#156 BedBeats™2.0

BedBeats™2.0

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,310 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

Oh...and to answer the OP's question.

No.

Posted Image

Henrik breaking records.Kes approving.

#157 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

OMG, this young players developing crap again??

Kesler, Burrows, & Bieksa say hello.

Stop getting your opinion from the guy down the hall at work that plays Div 12 hockey at 8 rinks.

3 players since 2006 and have you seen Bieksa play lately?

Edited by 36yrsncounting, 20 February 2013 - 07:21 PM.

#158 bahaazar

bahaazar

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

AV has always been the problem --- he has had one of the best depth teams since he took over. He will be forever the reason Van does not have the cup....now we have pipsqueak running the PP with him on the bench...brrrrrutal,

#159 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

Get a new PP coach instead. PP has been garbage.

#160 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,270 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

6 wins without our second line against nhl teams is an amazing record.

You are talking like the team we faced were ahl teams.

We literally lost our whole second line wih Kesler and booth out. Any other teams with that many second line players down would be fighting for a playoff spot now.

And now our second line is back and we have dropped 3 in a row.

Other teams win with injuries - it's called depth.

The Flames even won a game with a third string goalie!

Sorry...injuries are part of the game...we beat 4 teams that will probably not make the playoffs.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.