The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond; Great against bad teams, invisible against good ones

Merci

We need to stop all this chopping and changing of lines. I defend AV regularly on here but I am now almost feeling that he thinks so much of the abilities of this team that he goes out to handicap them.

We all know, near as damn it what the lines should be so get them sorted and lets allow the players to get into their partnerships and systems.

Dan Hamhuis has been garbage since splitting him from Bieksa and Bieksa ...............I sometimes think he is in a different game all together..........mercurial doesn't quite do him justice. Too good to sit and too unpredictable to watch sometimes.

In one move AV has ruined 2/3 players. Schroeder is a shadow of where he was and looks uncertain. Raymond can never find Kesler and Kesler doesn't look for Raymond. Hansen also looked short of how he was performing with Raymond and JS.

He's ruining Kass by playing him all over the place. Get him back with the Twins, I still think he has performed better there than Burr.

Booth needs 5 or 6 games so I absolve him from any criticism.

We were pretty poor out there and our passing and dumping was dire. We were so disjointed you would have taken this team to have just met each for the first time the day before. If it hadn't been for Cory we would have been royally shafted, long before the 3rd period.

AV better get his act together or winningest coach or not he is going to feel the wrath of the owners big time.

AV is just messing everything up for everyone. Kass looks lost now from being on every damn line and getting benched when he makes a mistake.

Raymond should stick with Schroeder.

Just leave the lines

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Kassian

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Weise/Volpatti

AV doesn't do things until it's too late usually so we will most likely see this lineup after we go on a 10 game losing streak.

It's a silly premise anyway. Just because a team is considered "poor" it may not be because the D is poor. and vice versa but probably to a lesser extent.

I think the other night was more to do with line mates. When he is with JS and JH he probably feels more onus is on him to shoot.

You know what?

Raymond is going to be traded and then most of you guys will realise that it wasn't Raymond who was poor, it was 2/3 of the damn team.

Cory kept us in that game while most of the team was playing "giveaways 'r'us" and "find the sixpence."Could you honestly look at that game and see only Raymond performing poorly? Jeez he wasn't even the 8th worst player out there.

raymond should be playing with schroeder and hansen, the only guys that have shown some sort of chemistry and AV breaks them up. very strange, almost like hes sandbagging his own team.

We need kassian confident and charging like he was the the twins. Raymond needs to be playing with schroeder and hansen.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schoeder-Hansen

Higgins-Lapierre-Volpatti

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Tanev

Ballard-Garrison

Not sure I completely agree. Raymond and Schroeder were finding each other, nice little passes in front of the net that were setting up scoring opportunities. Notice, in front of the net. That's not perimeter play. When he was placed on the line with Kesler, Raymond going hard got no support. Ok, Mayray takes off going up the left side drawing players that way. He can't beat the defender, so what is the move? Pass, obviously, to someone coming up the middle. Coming up the middle, lets see, maybe the center? Only Kesler isn't there. Schroeder was. Schroeder seemed to know what Mayray needed if he didn't beat the defender. He also gave the goalie another threat to be aware of.

Now, Kelswer is a good center, and a good player, and is overall far better than Schroeder, no argument. All I am saying is that Schroeder and Raymond complimented each other in a way that Kesler and Raymond do not. I fear some of it is Kesler has a big head, and is unwilling to adapt, and would rather force a player to follow him in as opposed to supporting him.

Really, its as simple as since Kesler's return, his line has been getting the offensive shifts Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen were getting. And understandably so.

Perfect time to trade MayRay if your not going to use him?

Raymond scores, has shots, has possession and creates opportunities.

Against teams like Calgary and Edmonton.

Against Chicago, and big teams like St Louis and SJ he is invisible.

Thoughts?

Archived