The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tanev promoted

mbal23

Garrison and Ballard COULD be an offensive juggernaut if G can get his crap together. Hamhuis also was clearly burned many many times last night.

And put the speed line bsck together frack. Put kass on first. Put burr kess and booth on 3rd line. Offensive shutdown pair. We would be rolling treams over.

Love Tanev, so I'm happy for him, but losing him is not going to be good for Ballard. Ballard needs to show he can maintain his level of play without a calm, cool Tanev cleaning up for his mistakes. And Garrison needs to show the kind of game he did in the first few of the season. That's a sink or swim pairing for sure.

They need another right handed D man in the lineup. This looks like more of a move to put Edler back on his natural side than anything. He always gets walked around when he plays the right side. His stick is in the middle of the ice when he's playing right side, and guys just walk around him while he cant seem to check them on his backhand.

The pairings clearly weren't working the way they were. He had to change them.

Hamhuis and Bieksa already have chemistry. The reason it wasn't working earlier is because Hamhuis is still trying to find his game, so he hasn't been able to make up for Bieksa's mistakes.

Edler and Garrison will not work right now with those two playing the way they are. Both are struggling too much positionally. That's where Tanev can provide the Hamhuis effect for Edler. Edler`s our best offensive defenseman, without him on his game, the rest of the offense suffers.

I think Ballard and Garrison should be a pretty good pairing. Just cause they`re a bottom pairing doesn`t mean they can`t get as many minutes as the second pair. Whoever plays better out of the two pairs should get more ice time. Either way, I see this as being much more balanced.

I think anything is worth a try right now,although it does seem a shame to split up Ballard and Tanev...Ballard is finally playing with a lot of confidence.

Off the topic a bit..what's happened to Dan Hamhuis?..He has been playing really 'out of character',he usually plays a fairly dependable conservative game.Not so much this season.

The pairings clearly weren't working the way they were. He had to change them.

Hamhuis and Bieksa already have chemistry. The reason it wasn't working earlier is because Hamhuis is still trying to find his game, so he hasn't been able to make up for Bieksa's mistakes.

Edler and Garrison will not work right now with those two playing the way they are. Both are struggling too much positionally. That's where Tanev can provide the Hamhuis effect for Edler. Edler`s our best offensive defenseman, without him on his game, the rest of the offense suffers.

I think Ballard and Garrison should be a pretty good pairing. Just cause they`re a bottom pairing doesn`t mean they can`t get as many minutes as the second pair. Whoever plays better out of the two pairs should get more ice time. Either way, I see this as being much more balanced.

Archived