Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Tanev promoted

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

#121 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

If anybody should be demoted, it's Bieksa. He's constantly going up into the rush and making poor turnovers.

He scored the tying goal last game tho..oops.

#122 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

lmaso !!! Way to go AV what player management lol!

so we are now paying our third D pairing 8.8mil..

AV is signing the contracts ?
Gillis should have played D .He might figure out he has no right handers and no playmakers.
Hamhuis is the saving grace of that lot.

#123 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Edler-Tanev should be the 3rd pairing.

Edler can still get in on the PP, but for now this seems like a good choice. His lack of defense has been a definite concern lately, he is supposed to an offensive defenseman (I know) but he has been making far too many mistakes lately. Garrison-Ballard will make for an interesting pairing, so far we have tried Garrison with everyone but maybe Hamhuis... Let's see if this one will work out! B)

Elder is too good for a third pairing.

#124 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Edler-Tanev should be the 3rd pairing.

Edler can still get in on the PP, but for now this seems like a good choice. His lack of defense has been a definite concern lately, he is supposed to an offensive defenseman (I know) but he has been making far too many mistakes lately. Garrison-Ballard will make for an interesting pairing, so far we have tried Garrison with everyone but maybe Hamhuis... Let's see if this one will work out! B)

#125 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

no such thing as too good.
should get less ice time if you're not playing well.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#126 Bill F-ing Murray

Bill F-ing Murray

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:39 PM

Congratz to tanev...

I think this could open up Edlers game as he has not been playing very well. Maybe compensating for the GARish play of his fellow partner. Tanev has been a surprise and I think MG needs some credit for seeing the diamond in the rough... but a discredit for paying for the flawed diamonds... but time will tell if these signings will work out this year.

Posted Image

“Since the beginning of recorded history, which is defined by the invention of writing by the Sumerians around 6,000 years ago, historians have cataloged over 3700 supernatural beings, of which 2870 can be considered deities.

So next time someone tells me they believe in God, I’ll say “Oh which one? Zeus? Hades? Jupiter? Mars? Odin? Thor? Krishna? Vishnu? Ra?…” If they say “Just God. I only believe in the one God,”

I’ll point out that they are nearly as atheistic as me.I don’t believe in 2,870 gods, and they don’t believe in 2,869.”

Ricky Gervais

#127 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:44 PM

So when two players are playing well together you split them up because they are playing well? Not sure I understand this one but it may work fine in the end.

Maybe AV is taking our two best D's right now in Tanev and Ballard and pairing them up with our two struggling D's in Edler and Garrison? None of this should be too surprising anyways, our D is horrendous and AV is trying combos until he finds something that works; same thing he does with our forwards. I would be upset if he wasn't doing anything, frankly.

Edited by Jester13, 21 February 2013 - 03:45 PM.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#128 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,912 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Is Edler really playing that bad? You people must be referring to his defensive play because if this were an 82 game season, he's on pace to finish with 60. Yes, yes, I'm well aware most defensemen need to play both ends of the ice to an extent.
Posted Image

#129 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,025 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

The d has been terrible...there are a few teams in either conference who have given up less goals.

#130 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

Tanev is a draft steal. I see him with Corrado in the future as a top four pairing.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.