15 replies to this topic

#1 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

Ive read alot of stuff on this board from people getting mad when fans come on here and voice their displeasure for the team and how they are performing.... real fans care so much about the team that it angers them when they see, terrible disicions being made by management, coaches and poor play by the team. Fan is short for fanatic.

When people say stuff like "real fans wouldnt rag on their team" you couldnt be more wrong .. cheerleaders are the ones that cheer no matter what happens. It doesnt matter to cheerleaders if their favorite player gets traded because in their mind every move our team makes is a good one and we should just support it no matter what.

If you want to be a cheerleader great! nothing wrong with that , but its hard as a fan to have discussions with you when you see no fault or holes in the team and the fans on here are having discussions about what the team should or could do to make them better . Cheerleaders just say everythings fine we dont need to change i love everything and so should you and shame on you for saying anything bad about our boys.

As far as i can see us Fans care way more about the team than Cheerleaders. although cheerleaders may never say anything bad about the team (there is always next year or next game i love them, rah rah rah) . remember one thing fans care so much ,poor play and a bad game ruins their night and makes them mad ... ive never been mad over somthing i dont care about.

so what im really trying to say is cheerleaders this is a discussion board , join the discussions if you have somthing to add but as far as ive seen trying to have a discussion with you cheerleaders is like trying to talk about music to beiber fans its pointless.

#2 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Also: Whiners Vs. People with well thought-out arguments... Most threads are started by the former.
Posted Image

#3 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,878 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

You're allowed to be critical as much as you are allowed to cheer, but the difference is if you're going to be critical you better have some basis rather than an irrational reaction to very specific plays that are outweighed by the bigger body of work. Cheering requires no such basis, as it's called being positive regardless of the situation where the opposite is not so nice.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#4 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

If more people would take a minute and think before making threads, this entire board would be for the better.

Too many knee-jerk, reactionary threads just complaining and reacting to things that happen in one game. I will also say this again, as I always say: too many Canucks fans don't watch games between other teams. It gives them a skewed opinion and a poor understanding of the reality of the game.

RIP LB RR PD

#5 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

As much as I love cheerleaders (women), they don't belong in hockey!

#6 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

I will also say this again, as I always say: too many Canucks fans don't watch games between other teams. It gives them a skewed opinion and a poor understanding of the reality of the game.

This. People developing their opinions with the limited information from watching only one team do not have a realistic sense of the game. Watching a few Eastern teams play would end almost all the complaints about our defense. Offensive players just walk behind defense all the time and yeah, it's a bad defensive play to let it happen, but that's what the game is like at it's most elite level. Reffing is another thing. Following different teams for a few nights really gives you a sense of who is on the NHL's sh!tlist and who getting gifts night after night. Honestly clarity can be gained on all aspects of the game from diversifying the games you watch. Most importantly, it would kill a lot of the negativity. Things tend to be said in a fact-of-the-matter tone instead of a "This is all _____'s fault" when you've got some breadth of knowledge to draw from.

Also, "fans vs cheerleaders" is a very telling title. It implies erring on the side of negativity is somehow better. I can safely say that Vancouver fans are made up of mostly "fans and complainers". Cheering for your team despite some foibles is only a sin in the eyes of bandwagoners who cheer for success, then throw teams under the bus at the first sign of trouble (see, most CDCers).

Edited by nateb123, 20 February 2013 - 03:41 PM.

#7 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,548 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

There's 2 types of annoying fans:

Whiners: Bitch about every little thing the Canucks do wrong, expect the team to be perfect, and if they're not, they predict disaster. They don't realize that every team has problems too. Usually found going all "doom and gloom" everytime they lose a game, even if the Canucks were in the midst of a win streak before that. Even when things are going well, they find something to whine about. Or they will blame everything on one player when the problem is more widespread.

Cheerleaders: What the OP is talking about, are always complaining about "negativity". They sugar coat everything. They overuse sayings like "Beast" and "Believe in bluuuuee". They always believe in certain players, who are no longer effective.

Also there are the bandwagoners, they switch between the previous two types based on whether the team in winning or not.

Bottom line is: both anxious paranoid crybabies and overly positive cheerleaders are illogical and don't know very much about the game.

#8 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

As much as I love cheerleaders (women), they don't belong in hockey!

You better not be implying that women in general have no business being hockey fans <_<

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#9 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:32 AM

whiners: "OMG SCHNEIDER SUCKS" "OMG TRADE LUONGO" "OMG TRADE THE SEDINS"

cheerleaders: 5-0 loss - "WOOO BELIEVE IN BLUE GOOD EFFORT BOYS"

#10 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

There's 2 types of annoying fans:

Whiners: Bitch about every little thing the Canucks do wrong, expect the team to be perfect, and if they're not, they predict disaster.  They don't realize that every team has problems too.  Usually found going all "doom and gloom" everytime they lose a game, even if the Canucks were in the midst of a win streak before that.  Even when things are going well, they find something to whine about.  Or they will blame everything on one player when the problem is more widespread.

Cheerleaders: What the OP is talking about, are always complaining about "negativity".  They sugar coat everything.  They overuse sayings like "Beast" and "Believe in bluuuuee".  They always believe in certain players, who are no longer effective.

Also there are the bandwagoners, they switch between the previous two types based on whether the team in winning or not.

Bottom line is: both anxious paranoid crybabies and overly positive cheerleaders are illogical and don't know very much about the game.

Can I include 2 media types for the whiners: That d-bag Botchford and Gallagher from the Province, they fit right into this category like a hand in glove.

#11 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

You better not be implying that women in general have no business being hockey fans <_<

Not what I implied!

Just think cheerleaders in hockey would be pointless

#12 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,464 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Maybe "real fans" are just those who don't need to compare their support for the team to other people's, for better or worse. This whole "fan-ier than thou" attitude on both sides is tired and never makes anyone look more like a real fan. We're going to disagree, that's why it's called a discussion forum, not an agreement forum. Let's all just agree to recognize that a difference of opinion doesn't diminish how much someone else may care about the team.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#13 AppleJack

AppleJack

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Not what I implied!

Just think cheerleaders in hockey would be pointless

Sorry I jumped to the wrong conclusion I am just a wee bit sensitive about the misconception that girls can not be real hockey fans. I am very glad that wasn't what you meant. You wouldn't believe how many guys out there (some who are only fair weather fans) claim women can't be a real hockey fan because hockey is a 'mans' sport......oh and then when they find out that Kes is my favorite player they say its because of the 'picture' <_<

I agree with you that 'cheerleaders' like those found in other sports in Hockey is just stupid!

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 21 February 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Posted Image
Do Not Trade TanevPosted Image

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#14 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

I find Cheerleaders are more into the name on the back, but fans are more into the crest on the front. Not always but it tends to be that way.

#15 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,363 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

No one is a better fan then the other just some cheer differently. Some here think that if they only act negative and point out flaws and agree with all reffing decisions that they are being "objective" and smart fans.

Some think if they rabidly and unquestionably support the Canucks even when it's obvious a player deserved a suspension or that was definitely a goal against or they really were playing terrible in that stretch that they are true fans and others are trolls or bandwagoners.

Some just like Tanev's hair.

Reality is everyone is a fan of different opinions or backgrounds and it would be a bit more fun if elitism played no part in what kind of fan you are and instead we respected that we all wear the same shade of blue.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#16 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,419 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:42 AM

Crap like this:

dont worry luongo fans he will get to play another non offensive team in nashville and you can brag about his 19 saves and a win in that game.

to people who say good call AV putting cory back in or bad call luongo should be in..... after last night im not so sure AV is even picking goalies any more ive never seen such lack of contribution from a coach ever.... he doesnt talk to his team he doesnt rip on players for a bad shift u never see him talking to them about what they couldve done better or what they did wrong, or anything he just chews his gum yells at the ref the odd time. he doesnt talk to the team during time outs or draw up plays ... the guy looks un-interested most nights. most coaches wouldve called a time out in the second period when we were falling apart.

...isn't classified as being fan. It's classified as whining. I agree people who think there's no fault with the team are irritating, but judging from these two posts so are you so I guess it's a wash.
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.