#31 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,931 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Atta boy Ginger, get your redemption!

Seriously though, Dallas is garbage, I can't believe we lost the last game. If our D corps plays like that again, I'm throwing something at my TV. We have 10 top 9 forwards in the lineup now, there is no reason why we shouldn't be outscoring the opponent.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#32 pistolpro327

pistolpro327

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

I like schneider just as much as any other fan and I like Lu even more!

But putting 100% credit to schneider for that 1 point is plain stupid. The boys rallied back in the last 2.5 minutes to score two goals so give them some damn credit you idiots.

I am happy with either goalie starting because both are easily top 10 in the world.

Edited by pistolpro327, 20 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#33 Felix Potvin

Felix Potvin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

Gillis will trade anyone if it makes his team better as he said. We all thought Lu would be gone a long time ago, he is still here and is not a typical backup as some think. If a team offers more Schneider, Gills will no doubt consider it.

Totally agree and honestly hope it goes that way keep Luongo and get good assets in return for Schneider more trade options with him great goalie not knocking him just think trading him puts us over the top

#34 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

He played well last game, makes sense

give him a chance to rebound from his crappy game against Dallas last time

#35 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

good. he deserves it. let's get back in the W column boys!

#36 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

Schneider deserves the start. If Lou was in net last night with all those primo chances that our D gave up we would all be suffering from a massive case of deja vu and there would be ten blocked threads on here calling for Lou's head.

Luongo was the only reason we even beat Chicago last time, I think he woulda had a great game last night
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#37 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Luongo was the only reason we even beat Chicago last time, I think he woulda had a great game last night

Not relevant, you go game by game, not game by 10 games ago.

Luongo wasn't great against St Louis and Schneider was great against Chicago last night that's why he gets another start. Game by game process.

#38 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,161 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

This makes sense. Cory played well last night, so why not put him in the next game. Back to back games, so it's no insult to Lu. He will play in Nashville. All is well for the Lu/Schneids lovers. Isn't teamwork wonderful?

#39 StopesisCanucks

StopesisCanucks

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

I like schneider just as much as any other fan and I like Lu even more! But putting 100% credit to schneider for that 1 point is plain stupid. The boys rallied back in the last 2.5 minutes to score two goals so give them some damn credit you idiots. I am happy with either goalie starting because both are easily top 10 in the world.

I think you have it wrong. The boys did score 2 goals in last 3 min but if it wasn't for coreys performance we would've lost 15 -1. This is why people r giving corey 100% for the point.

#40 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

i like how people say " cory played good last game not knowing how well lu wouldve done." we know how well lu wouldve done there is a large sample size of what happens to Lu when we play that bad infront of him vs the hawks 6 7 8 goals against consistanly .i actually dont think we have ever let up that many grade A scoring chances against any of our goalies since luongo has been here and to only have 3 goals against was flat out amazing. last time we had a goalie stop 3 breakaways in 1 period was bob essensa ,back in the day jovo cop would caugh the puck up at the blue line like it was his day job.

#41 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

dont worry luongo fans he will get to play another non offensive team in nashville and you can brag about his 19 saves and a win in that game.

#42 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Schneider deserves it due to his unbelievable performance in an otherwise horrid performance from the team. Hopefully the defense actually show up in Dallas so Schneider doesn't have to stand on his head again.
Posted Image

#43 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

Luuu-urns

lol "I was saying Luu-urns"

EDIT:

damn I shouldn't be laughing so hard at this... :lol:

Edited by Joe_Shmo, 20 February 2013 - 04:01 PM.

Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#44 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

LOL, you are one funny troll...

Cool buddy... just Wait. You were $$&# talking luongo before the season started and he made u eat a lot of hay so far this year.

You are wrong. Luongo is better and always will be. Fact. Get it? Please call me a troll again, it's such a fantastic argument;)

2cz94w5.jpg

The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. The 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my books. Go Canucks Go!

#45 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

i like how people say " cory played good last game not knowing how well lu wouldve done." we know how well lu wouldve done there is a large sample size of what happens to Lu when we play that bad infront of him vs the hawks 6 7 8 goals against consistanly .i actually dont think we have ever let up that many grade A scoring chances against any of our goalies since luongo has been here and to only have 3 goals against was flat out amazing. last time we had a goalie stop 3 breakaways in 1 period was bob essensa ,back in the day jovo cop would caugh the puck up at the blue line like it was his day job.

You must be joking. Schneids played amazing last night and deserves another start for sure, but you really are nuts.

Luongo has *never* kept us to 3 or less goals against the Hawks in a high scoring chance game in the regular season? Really? You do realize you can be a fan of what Schneider did last night without this manifest nonsense, right?

Schneid's played out of this world (best game of his career, and best of the year for either goalie thus far) but if you are incapable of remembering even one game where Luongo played at that level over the last 6 years you are just biased.

Edited by geebster, 20 February 2013 - 04:15 PM.

#46 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73,953 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Great decision by AV. He was by far the best player last night on the Canucks.

307mg00.jpg

#47 mbal23

mbal23

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Atta boy Ginger, get your redemption!

Seriously though, Dallas is garbage, I can't believe we lost the last game. If our D corps plays like that again, I'm throwing something at my TV. We have 10 top 9 forwards in the lineup now, there is no reason why we shouldn't be outscoring the opponent.

why????

#48 S.Mouse!

S.Mouse!

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

Troll.

LOL, you are one funny troll...

People can be critical of the team without being trolls.

If we all just show up here with pompoms and never talk about the negative aspects then this board would be an even bigger joke than it already is.
Posted Image

#49 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Jason Botchford@botchford
Schneider starts tomorrow. Dropped a good line too. "Maybe we'll get a shootout guy at the deadline."

lol thorwing his guys under the bus?? but is true for the past 3 years....it would be funny of Luongo said something like that, the entire city and media would be all over him fact

Who said that? Schneider or Botchford? I'm more inclined to go with Botchford because thats what he gets paid to do, write troll articles with dumb quotes like that, or coming up with one of the dumbest catchphrases, Mcsofties.

#50 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

Good move AV
Posted Image

#51 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

Deserves the start........

#52 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

He won't have a choice. Luongo is better it's simple. You keep the better goalie. Don't get me wrong though.. I think Schneider is an amazing goalie. Just not better than Lu

Actually Schneider is better , technically speaking but Lou is on a roll. If it was "simple" Lou would not be on the trading block rookie !

#53 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hopefully he doens't completely crap the bed and single handedly gave the team a loss.

We all know what happened last Dallas game.. Oh yeah, he ruined Hank's monumental night.

Played solid yesterday though.. Hoping for the best.

Posted Image

#54 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Deserves it after his play in Chicago, he was a beast.

Agreed.
Posted Image

#55 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Clearly you watch the game through Luongo "hate-Lasers". You should just quit posting your insane BS fabrications of the truth. Luongo has supplied us with amazing goaltending in his tenure here. You truly don't have a clue what you are talking about.
Posted Image

#56 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:51 PM

Both goalies play for the Canucks and are playing very well. How about we throw equal support behind both Schneider and Luongo and turn our hate to where it truly needs to be pointed? At the overpaid defense.
Posted Image

#57 Kevin Biestra

Kevin Biestra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,869 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'm okay either way, but if AV can stop playing Luongo during a win streak, I think after a shootout loss by Corey is a decent time to go back to Lu.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Biestra speaks. Biestra educates.

Let Canucks management know you want King Richard Brodeur in the Ring of Honour with no further delay! He's been retired for 25 years!

http://forum.canucks...e-king-richard/

#58 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

Deserves it after having a stellar game in Chicago, which isn't easy.
Posted Image

#59 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,829 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Read what I posted and then respond. Esp. the part where I said, if Lou was in net LAST NIGHT with all those PRIMO CHANCES.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#60 Kryten

Kryten

Aladdin

• Members
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

Guy was amazing against Chicago and is usually a Jedi in Dallas. Makes sense to start him.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.