102 replies to this topic

#61 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:17 PM

dont worry luongo fans he will get to play another non offensive team in nashville and you can brag about his 19 saves and a win in that game.

Lol, awesome.

#62 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Hopefully he doens't completely crap the bed and single handedly gave the team a loss.

We all know what happened last Dallas game.. Oh yeah, he ruined Hank's monumental night.

Played solid yesterday though.. Hoping for the best.

Wow, credit where credit is due?

#63 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,555 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:33 PM

Schneider deserves the start in Dallas after that last game, I think he's ready to go on a roll.

#64 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,359 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

While Lu has been the more consistant this year, Scheider put in the best performance so far. He deserves the next start.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#65 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

Only reason Canucks didn't get blown out 7-3 or worse was because of Cory. Deserves another start and a redemption game against Dallas.

#66 Display Name

Display Name

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

:picard: :huh: :sadno:

Because I don't wear rose coloured glasses and/or have a one way viewpoint?

Why are you about to cry?
Believe in Schneider.

#67 Spoderman

Spoderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

He was just stating his opinion. Criticism isn't trolling.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Credit to BananaMash for both

STHS GM Anaheim Ducks

#68 iCanucksLover

iCanucksLover

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

I'm glad Schneider's getting the start. He deserves it after his performance in Chicago.

Posted Image

Thanks allons-y!

#69 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,485 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

No - I actually like to contribute to discussion as opposed to just calling other people names.

You (and the person I responded to) don't have to agree with me nor anyone else - but you don't have to be the "one in every crowd" neither.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#70 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Deserves it. Goalies aren't the issue.
Posted Image

#71 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

You must be joking. Schneids played amazing last night and deserves another start for sure, but you really are nuts.

Luongo has *never* kept us to 3 or less goals against the Hawks in a high scoring chance game in the regular season? Really? You do realize you can be a fan of what Schneider did last night without this manifest nonsense, right?

Schneid's played out of this world (best game of his career, and best of the year for either goalie thus far) but if you are incapable of remembering even one game where Luongo played at that level over the last 6 years you are just biased.

I think chrisbanks was responding to people saying Lou would have played just as well and I didn't get the impression he or she was saying Lou is not a golie that can have great games. Lighten up Cory is a great goalie he played unbelievable and gets the next start.

I don't think it was the best game of his shot career, last year when Lou had his mid season slump and the Canucks were playing like crap he steped in and won us two or three games almost singlehanded and righted the ship.... I think that was the best he ever played (so far).

#72 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,020 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

A terrible decision! I want to see Luongo back in net for a string of 4-5 games, that's how he really shines.

#73 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:43 PM

You must be joking. Schneids played amazing last night and deserves another start for sure, but you really are nuts.

Luongo has *never* kept us to 3 or less goals against the Hawks in a high scoring chance game in the regular season? Really? You do realize you can be a fan of what Schneider did last night without this manifest nonsense, right?

Schneid's played out of this world (best game of his career, and best of the year for either goalie thus far) but if you are incapable of remembering even one game where Luongo played at that level over the last 6 years you are just biased.

I think chrisbanks was responding to people saying Lou would have played just as well and I didn't get the impression he or she was saying Lou is not a golie that can have great games. Lighten up Cory is a great goalie he played unbelievable and gets the next start.

I don't think it was the best game of his shot career, last year when Lou had his mid season slump and the Canucks were playing like crap he steped in and won us two or three games almost singlehanded and righted the ship.... I think that was the best he ever played (so far).

#74 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Terrible decision. Luongo should start.
Posted Image

#75 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

A terrible decision! I want to see Luongo back in net for a string of 4-5 games, that's how he really shines.

Troll

#76 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Terrible decision. Luongo should start.

Another troll, how can you say Cory shouldn't get the start after he played like that unless your trolling?

#77 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:48 PM

Schneider deserves the start in Dallas after that last game, I think he's ready to go on a roll.

I'm not sure AV will let any of them get on a roll. See what he did to our best D pair... You playing too well together time yo split you up.

#78 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'd like to see Lu get the start in Nashville for sure though, but right on.. He played good verse Chicago, so he deserves another shot at a W.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#79 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

He really earned this start, the Blackhakws game would have ended 7-3 or something if it wasn't for him.

canucks141.png

#80 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Luongo plays the next night anyway. Not really a big deal

g3HKFnX.png

#81 Brick Tamland

Brick Tamland

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,214 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Gotta pick one soon and ride him out, and it should be Schneider (or whichever is staying). One of them needs to get sharp and get the majority of the work load, we are 1/3 of the way through the season...
I Love Lamp...

#82 luckylager

luckylager

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Because he always plays well in Dallas :towel:

#83 chrisbanks

chrisbanks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:25 PM

to people who say good call AV putting cory back in or bad call luongo should be in..... after last night im not so sure AV is even picking goalies any more ive never seen such lack of contribution from a coach ever.... he doesnt talk to his team he doesnt rip on players for a bad shift u never see him talking to them about what they couldve done better or what they did wrong, or anything he just chews his gum yells at the ref the odd time. he doesnt talk to the team during time outs or draw up plays ... the guy looks un-interested most nights. most coaches wouldve called a time out in the second period when we were falling apart.

#84 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

dont worry luongo fans he will get to play another non offensive team in nashville and you can brag about his 19 saves and a win in that game.

he beat the Hawks, Cory didn't.....same team, 2-1 win for Canucks
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#85 cmpunk

cmpunk

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Who said that? Schneider or Botchford? I'm more inclined to go with Botchford because thats what he gets paid to do, write troll articles with dumb quotes like that, or coming up with one of the dumbest catchphrases, Mcsofties.

it was Schneider, who he mentions dropped a funny line, not Botchford
Posted Image
Credit to Vintage Canuck

#86 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,903 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:02 PM

Well, one goalie was going to play vs Dallas and the other vs the Preds so it doesn't matter. Just as long as Cory plays a lot better than he did in his last game vs Dallas.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#87 ChuckNORRIS4Cup

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

MG is showcasing again!

Eh8NO.jpg

Trevor Linden Quote Nov. 29th 2012 [Asked if he would return to the game?]
"The game has been with me for a long time, if the right opportunity came about, you never know"

#88 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,366 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

if he was showcasing he would be going with one goalie, for a string of games, it is time to let one go for a string and see how it plays out, there is no rhythm for either one to get into, Schneids or Lou, either way we are good, unless we go to shootouts......

#89 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Roberto played great and stole us a point against l.a. and we still lost, and he received the next start against the avs, same thing applies here.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 21 February 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#90 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:32 AM

Look, both goalies have been pretty average over the last 3 games. Schneider had a brutal game in the first loss, Luongo was good to start but just a bit above average in his start and as good as Schneider was, he let in a couple of head-on slapshots that he really should of stopped. The Sharp slapshot was a bad goal - no goalie should be beat five-hole on a slapshot with no traffic, and the Hossa slapshot was pretty similar. Even the wrap around was embarassing, I know the defence shouldn't allow that but a goalie has a stick to prevent a forward to sweeping straight through the crease.

People shouldn't look at the saves, but the goals allowed and the wins. At the end of the day this is a results-based business and neither goalie is getting it done lately.

Because of that, this next back-to-back situation will determine our starter for the next run of games. Both goalies will get a shot to play within the next 2 days and whoever gets us wins will continue to roll.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.