The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

The game I watched, one goaltender saved 33 of 35 shots, the other 21 of 26 - imo that had as much to do with the outcome as anything else. Blame MG if you want.

True, the Canucks are short their entire second line, but two of the three played the last game, and one left tonight's game with what looked like a serious injury. Things change - sometimes quickly. Kesler wasn't expected to break his foot. Booth wasn't expected to go down with an injury tonight. Who knows about Kassian and Ballard...

If anything pissed me off tonight, it was the third goal, and then the fourth goal - but then again, I didn't like the decision to start Luongo - but I wouldn't fire AV for that either.

The game I watched, one goaltender saved 33 of 35 shots, the other 21 of 26 - imo that had as much to do with the outcome as anything else. Blame MG if you want.

True, the Canucks are short their entire second line, but two of the three played the last game, and one left tonight's game with what looked like a serious injury. Things change - sometimes quickly. Kesler wasn't expected to break his foot. Booth wasn't expected to go down with an injury tonight. Who knows about Kassian and Ballard...

If anything pissed me off tonight, it was the third goal, and then the fourth goal - but then again, I didn't like the decision to start Luongo - but I wouldn't fire AV for that either.

Well I'm not looking to blame Luongo, not looking to blame MG or AV. Sometimes you outshoot the opponent, can't buy a pp goal, get injuries, get called for a high stick because your name is Alex, start the wrong goaltender, have to suffer through a CBC broadcast, wear uniforms that make your team look fat, and give up a few lucky goals all in the same game. That's hockey.

Archived