The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Well; there were already warning signs in Sheldon Souray, Wade Redden, Huet, Dipietro...

And in baseball, in basketball, in European soccer...

Hedging an out by not offering a NTC if you are committing $60,000,000; 1/2 the current vale (according to Forbes) of the St Louis Blues; hey wait just a second...

:bigblush:

If we could clone Lou we could trade both for Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Steen, Stewart, Berglund... Upgrade AV, I know you'll like that part.

C'mon man; it was a dumb contract in the context of real world value. It had to be dangerous, regardless of how good Lou was at the time.

Here's the thing. At the time Lu was probably the best goalie in the world.

We negotiated a deal that fit what he was worth and gave us an outstanding cap hit. At the time no one thought this situation would ever occur. And being that Lu was the best goalie in the world, or atleast top 3. A NTC was a given.

I'd much rather acquire Boyd Gordon than Chipchura.

Gordon faces much stronger competition, is 58.5% in the faceoff circle, gets 33.7% offensive zone starts, and 44.1. finishes - 9 points in 34 games.

Chipchura faces considerable weaker competition, is 46.3% in the faceoff circle, gets 57.9% ozone starts, and nevertheless, worse underlying corsi - 10 points in 32 games.

Chipchura is left handed on the draw, as opposed to Gordon who is, like Lapierre RH, but I'd opt for Gordon anyhow, a better skater, stronger shutdown player, and much better shot blocker.

Well; there were already warning signs in Sheldon Souray, Wade Redden, Huet, Dipietro...

And in baseball, in basketball, in European soccer...

Hedging an out by not offering a NTC if you are committing $60,000,000; 1/2 the current vale (according to Forbes) of the St Louis Blues; hey wait just a second...

:bigblush:

If we could clone Lou we could trade both for Tarasenko, Pietrangelo, Steen, Stewart, Berglund... Upgrade AV, I know you'll like that part.

C'mon man; it was a dumb contract in the context of real world value. It had to be dangerous, regardless of how good Lou was at the time.

I'd much rather acquire Boyd Gordon than Chipchura.

Gordon faces much stronger competition, is 58.5% in the faceoff circle, gets 33.7% offensive zone starts, and 44.1. finishes - 9 points in 34 games.

Chipchura faces considerable weaker competition, is 46.3% in the faceoff circle, gets 57.9% ozone starts, and nevertheless, worse underlying corsi - 10 points in 32 games.

Chipchura is left handed on the draw, as opposed to Gordon who is, like Lapierre RH, but I'd opt for Gordon anyhow, a better skater, stronger shutdown player, and much better shot blocker.

Here's the thing. At the time Lu was probably the best goalie in the world.

We negotiated a deal that fit what he was worth and gave us an outstanding cap hit. At the time no one thought this situation would ever occur. And being that Lu was the best goalie in the world, or atleast top 3. A NTC was a given.

I believe Taj got this from Botchford's article

Taj44 "TO offering 2nd round pick and C prospect.. Canucks want Bozak, B prospect and pick. Deal is there if they can put egos aside. Big IF though"

Any idea's who the C prospect is and any idea who a B prospect could be?

So by the sounds of it mg is giving away an elite goalie with a fantastic cap hit away for a third liner at best, a prospect that will never play in the NHL and a 2nd round pick that he'll ultimately use on a terrible prospect

Archived