The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Another interesting tidbit (no insider info here) but their are a few more teams who are calling for LU. Lebrun in his article stated that two other eastern teams besides TO have called about Lu. Pierre Mcguire seemed pretty certain more than a few have seriously expressed interest in Lu as well. The return being discussed (according to Mcguire) a center, winger, goalie

Not interested in the Leafs prospects.

Imo it's their roster RFAs and picks that are of interest.

Franson, Frattin, Scrivens, and a 2nd, or suck it Toronto.

If they want to sub the rental Bozak for one of the RFAs, make it a 1st.

They dump no useless salary on us. They give us cap friendly young players under contract, with upside, and a future (pick) that the Canucks decide upon.

They also take a couple UFA roster space dumps (Mullen and Desbiens).

If they want Ballard, they can have him straight accross for Bozak, if Franson is part of the deal as above.

I guess we shall see. I'm with you in the sense that we shouldn't expect the world for Lu. But something like a Bozak, colbourne/finn/biggs/frattin and a conditional 1st would serve us well. The way Gillis operates suggests that he won't lower his price. That's just the kind of guy he is, his demeanor on this trade has literally not shifted a single bit

Funny how much complaining goes on regarding the Canucks prospect pool, but when you get down to it, when you look at the Canucks vs Leafs prospect pool, even if you disregard the fact the Leafs have been selecting much higher in the draft, I have to say that Morgan Rielly aside there's not a single player I would take one for one for any of Schroeder, Lack, Jensen, Corrado or Gaunce.

Archived