The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Guest Dasein

Hoping to see Luongo stick around after the deadline.

Can't fathom thinking that the last game I saw of him wearing a ball cap on the bench would be the last game he will ever dress at Rogers arena as a Canuck.

That would be the bare minimum I would be willing to see Luongo go for.

Even still, sentimental values say no, but it would be a decent trade.

Even if we win the Cup by trading Luongo for the missing piece, there would be an empty spot in my heart. A Cup in Vancouver without Luongo would not feel right to me.

I think an eastern club not named the Laffs could walk away with Luo as the Leafs kick and kick and kick tires.

Philly and the Isles both have the assets to get it done - and in both cases, I don't believe they'll necessarily wait for the offseason to add a goaltender if they feel Luo is as good as anyone else to hit the market.

In the case of the Islanders, a move right now might make the most sense as they're tied for the 8 spot. They also have the futures to make other additions to improve their chances of making the playoffs this year. A little forward momentum for them before their move could pay off significantly, and playoff games aren't bad for revenues, particularly if the Rangers wound up on the outside looking in. That'd be a lot of attention shifting to Long Island. Nabokov, Cizikas, A prospect/pick.

Philly is out of the race, but that may actually enable them as much as anything else. It's not inconceivable that Holmgren starts the selling when the selling is high - at the TD - imo it won't be as opportune in the summer when the cap space fire sales are in full swing. He could move an expensive or aging asset or two, and pick up Luo to finally give them some known quantity in goal, while dealing with Bryzgalov later. The Flyers have youth on their roster, but their prospect pool is weak.

Briere persuaded to go to Boston for Khokhlachev and a 1st.

Hartnell to the Habs for Jarred Tinordi and a pick or prospect.

Meszaros or Grossman for futures.

Luo, Connauton for Couturier, Talbot. :ph34r:

On a serious note how about

Luongo Schroeder 3rd

For

Reinhart cizikas 1st

Sound fair?

Reinhart's the centerpiece for luongo, we throw in our best offensive centre prospect and it evens out the 1st round pick and downgrade in cizikas. Cizikas suits our needs better though anyways. Give them a 3rd because they aren't Toronto.

Cizikas suits our needs better and immediately takes schroeders spot in the depth chart. Better 3c and gives gaunce time to develop.

New York doesn't have to gut their team chemistry to get a goalie and have enough depth to cover the loss in youth and still gain Schroeder in the end.

We get a future stud D for corrado to play with and another first to play with.

Would the isles take it or am I out to lunch?

On a serious note how about

Luongo Schroeder 3rd

For

Reinhart cizikas 1st

Sound fair?

Reinhart's the centerpiece for luongo, we throw in our best offensive centre prospect and it evens out the 1st round pick and downgrade in cizikas. Cizikas suits our needs better though anyways. Give them a 3rd because they aren't Toronto.

Cizikas suits our needs better and immediately takes schroeders spot in the depth chart. Better 3c and gives gaunce time to develop.

New York doesn't have to gut their team chemistry to get a goalie and have enough depth to cover the loss in youth and still gain Schroeder in the end.

We get a future stud D for corrado to play with and another first to play with.

Would the isles take it or am I out to lunch?

Well how high can Snow be on Reinhart?

Apparently he was willing to give him up and every other pick they had last year to get Murray.

Anyway, I dunno, but your proposal seems reasonable to me! The Isles would have enough youth depth at C to move one for another top notch blueline prospect.

Can we take Nabokov's expiring contract off their hands too?

Perhaps we could sub Connauton for Schroeder and take out the pick...(since the Isles don't really need a young C and if we landed Reinhart, Connauton would be buried here)...

Luo, Connauton

Reinhart, Cizikas, Nabokov

Don't know if you guys saw the floaters gettin' by Garon tonite-even though they won. New coach & all-maybe quietly Yzerman will try to swoop in?

It's interesting how many teams may suddenly be in need...very interesting.

I think an eastern club not named the Laffs could walk away with Luo as the Leafs kick and kick and kick tires.

Philly and the Isles both have the assets to get it done - and in both cases, I don't believe they'll necessarily wait for the offseason to add a goaltender if they feel Luo is as good as anyone else to hit the market.

In the case of the Islanders, a move right now might make the most sense as they're tied for the 8 spot. They also have the futures to make other additions to improve their chances of making the playoffs this year. A little forward momentum for them before their move could pay off significantly, and playoff games aren't bad for revenues, particularly if the Rangers wound up on the outside looking in. That'd be a lot of attention shifting to Long Island. Nabokov, Cizikas, A prospect/pick.

Philly is out of the race, but that may actually enable them as much as anything else. It's not inconceivable that Holmgren starts the selling when the selling is high - at the TD - imo it won't be as opportune in the summer when the cap space fire sales are in full swing. He could move an expensive or aging asset or two, and pick up Luo to finally give them some known quantity in goal, while dealing with Bryzgalov later. The Flyers have youth on their roster, but their prospect pool is weak.

Briere persuaded to go to Boston for Khokhlachev and a 1st.

Hartnell to the Habs for Jarred Tinordi and a pick or prospect.

Meszaros or Grossman for futures.

Luo, Connauton for Couturier, Talbot. :ph34r:

Nice deal for Van. What side does Reinhart play? I am not seeing many reports on K-Conn this year. His stats have fallen off but usually that isn't the whole story. My take is that the Wolves are not a good situation this year. I also like the idea of a WHL and BC boy coming home to play.

Archived