The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

What the hell does "HQ" have to do with individual teams wanting Luongo. The Keith Ballard situation was just made public today, what makes you think Gillis can't find a trade partner for him, or even that he was trying to trade him? Tim Thomas was for cap reasons, and is in no way comparable to the Luongo situation at all. The only thing rotten in Denmark is the crap coming out of your mouth!

Luongo is as good as any other goalie when it comes to handling pressure.

Does it really get any bigger than your NHL city hosting the olmypics? Being the starting goalie... out playing arguably the best goalie in the history of hockey to win the starting job (brodeur hasek and Roy r top three in my books at no particular order)

the goaltending was the difference in the game vs Russia early on and luongo held the fort. Then again he came up big in the highest pressure situation it vs bitter rival USA. Give me a break the guy feeds off pressure situations... no goalie has EVER been under the pressure he was in the Olympics and the 2010 hawks series than luongo was and he came out with flying colours

Fold under pressure is bull ... he's been placed in so many pressure situations u expect him to dominate 100% of the time? No

Last I checked Roy, brodeur, hasek, giggy, ward etc didn't have their teams absolutely fold in front of them in series they had success in. Luongo is a generational talent.

Then other posters will accuse me of the tinfoil-hat, conspiracy-garbage. I ask you all:What would the media have said if Burrows or Lappiere cut Karlsson's achilles, like that POS Matt Cooke did?!

Last yr they were accusing Burrows of "opening a door"(dirty varmint!!!)with malicious intent! Feel bad for our players-they'd better act like choir boys, whilst getting mugged..Or else!

Take your time MG, & stand by your guns. God willing-may we get a worthy return(if you deem a trade as the best way) that helps us win it all!

Probably beating a dead horse here but

To Vancouver: Vincent Lecavalier, Brett Connolly, 2013 1st

To Tampa: Roberto Luongo

followed by

To Vancouver: Daniel Alfredsson, Ben Bishop

To Ottawa: Chris Higgins, Keith Ballard, 2013 2nd, 2014 3rd

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Lecavalier - Alfredsson

Burrows - Schroeder - Raymond

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Barker

Schneider

Bishop

A little bit more might need to be added from our end but I think it could be enough

Then other posters will accuse me of the tinfoil-hat, conspiracy-garbage. I ask you all:What would the media have said if Burrows or Lappiere cut Karlsson's achilles, like that POS Matt Cooke did?!

Last yr they were accusing Burrows of "opening a door"(dirty varmint!!!)with malicious intent! Feel bad for our players-they'd better act like choir boys, whilst getting mugged..Or else!

Take your time MG, & stand by your guns. God willing-may we get a worthy return(if you deem a trade as the best way) that helps us win it all!

Probably beating a dead horse here but

To Vancouver: Vincent Lecavalier, Brett Connolly, 2013 1st

To Tampa: Roberto Luongo

followed by

To Vancouver: Daniel Alfredsson, Ben Bishop

To Ottawa: Chris Higgins, Keith Ballard, 2013 2nd, 2014 3rd

Sedin - Sedin - Kesler

Booth - Lecavalier - Alfredsson

Burrows - Schroeder - Raymond

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

Tanev - Barker

Schneider

Bishop

A little bit more might need to be added from our end but I think it could be enough

Archived