The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Yeah - we have a crisis of wealth lol.

Buyout a guy with 220 wins in 6 seasons here, who just finished a season where he equaled his lifetime .919 sv%. That was considered by some an 'off' year - but indicates what is expected of him, and really, in other words, there have been no signs of decline whatsoever...If anything, early on this season he seems to have actually improved his game - less movement, more efficient, avoiding over-reacting - more Schneideresque. :bigblush:

Any idiot who publicly suggests he's a buyout candidate shouldn't have a job talking hockey - that's as asinine as it gets.

Yeah - we have a crisis of wealth lol.

Buyout a guy with 220 wins in 6 seasons here, who just finished a season where he equaled his lifetime .919 sv%. That was considered by some an 'off' year - but indicates what is expected of him, and really, in other words, there have been no signs of decline whatsoever...If anything, early on this season he seems to have actually improved his game - less movement, more efficient, avoiding over-reacting - more Schneideresque. :bigblush:

Any idiot who publicly suggests he's a buyout candidate shouldn't have a job talking hockey - that's as asinine as it gets.

I think Cory's skill set is on par with luongo now, luongo may be better at something's and Cory at others. I think I speak for pretty much every Schneider supporter when I say it's not a question of who's better right now, they're pretty much equal. It's a question of who will still be on top in 6 years. Maybe neither of them will be but my money is on Schneider if I'm betting. Either of them right now have a chance of getting hot in the playoffs over the next six years and when they're hot they're damn near impossible to beat. With that in mind it's pretty safe to say either one of them can crap the bed over the next 6-8 years. At the tail end of that span I'm pretty sure I want a younger Cory Schneider in net than grandpa Lu.

I bet you 90% of this board has faith in luongo to have some playoff success if we choose to keep him. It has nothing to do with thinking Cory is better in the meantime.

I also don't think anyone is opposed to trading the kid if he brings back another young star like huberdeau or someone but the fact is he won't bring back that much more than luongo. He might get back more youth but othing with superstar ceiling. So IMO anyways it's better to keep a young projected all star goalie for the span of his career than the slightly better package Schneider would return over luongo.

I think Cory's skill set is on par with luongo now, luongo may be better at something's and Cory at others. I think I speak for pretty much every Schneider supporter when I say it's not a question of who's better right now, they're pretty much equal. It's a question of who will still be on top in 6 years. Maybe neither of them will be but my money is on Schneider if I'm betting. Either of them right now have a chance of getting hot in the playoffs over the next six years and when they're hot they're damn near impossible to beat. With that in mind it's pretty safe to say either one of them can crap the bed over the next 6-8 years. At the tail end of that span I'm pretty sure I want a younger Cory Schneider in net than grandpa Lu.

I bet you 90% of this board has faith in luongo to have some playoff success if we choose to keep him. It has nothing to do with thinking Cory is better in the meantime.

I also don't think anyone is opposed to trading the kid if he brings back another young star like huberdeau or someone but the fact is he won't bring back that much more than luongo. He might get back more youth but othing with superstar ceiling. So IMO anyways it's better to keep a young projected all star goalie for the span of his career than the slightly better package Schneider would return over luongo.

if that trade is true, i wonder what the pick was. Too bad Luo nixed the deal or MG wanted more.

I know Kadri hadnt proved that he can play in the league. But I was always for trying to acquire him. I think we needed to replace Hodgson in some form with a player with similar skill set, like Kadri.

I would have liked that trade, maybe remove Bozak, add franson and up the pick to a 1st or try and acquire something else.

Its too late now, but I would like a return with a player of kadri's skill set. kadri frattin franson and a 2nd for luo and raymond would have been a trade i would have loved.

but its in the past, doesnt look like a deal will get done to the draft. Even with the goalie injuries, Florida will run with markstrom for the rest of the year, and if he plays well we they may be out completely.

Only 2 teams i think might take a sniff at Luo before the deadline: washington and Tampa. That said sounds like both teams dont want that long of a commitment to Luongo. Holtby just got re signed. If tampa didnt have Lecavlier they might be more interested.

I hope a deal can be worked out, I would like to see Luo go to Tampa, just not sure if Yzerman is willing to take the contract and give up the asssets.

but, a deal has to be done at some point, and the longer it drags on I think the less we will get as a packge in return. In july there will be some goalies potential available in free agency. And we could use help this year for a playoff run and add asssets for the future

Archived