The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Alright we are desperate and need to make a move, might aswell deal Luongo now and just get rid of this whole situation. Then move forward with the pieces we get.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

1st Round Pick (2014)

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Anton Rodin

3rd Round Pick (2013)

Alright we are desperate and need to make a move, might aswell deal Luongo now and just get rid of this whole situation. Then move forward with the pieces we get.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

1st Round Pick

4th Round Pick

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

1st Round Pick (2014)

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Anton Rodin

3rd Round Pick (2013)

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

1st Round Pick (2014)

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Anton Rodin

3rd Round Pick (2013)

Alright revised proposal.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

Florida gets Luongo at a great price, which includes dumping a terrible contract of there own. Nothing major is leaving them futurewise or currently.

We get rid of the contract & move on and add a piece that helps now aswell as decent future pieces. We take on a bad contract but Upshall could help in the playoffs in a 4th line role then be bought-out in the summer.

Could add a tad more to our side, but this is a great deal for Florida. Lets just move on with this situation.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

Florida gets Luongo at a great price, which includes dumping a terrible contract of there own. Nothing major is leaving them futurewise or currently.

We get rid of the contract & move on and add a piece that helps now aswell as decent future pieces. We take on a bad contract but Upshall could help in the playoffs in a 4th line role then be bought-out in the summer.

Could add a tad more to our side, but this is a great deal for Florida. Lets just move on with this situation.

I still see Washington as a likely destination for either goaltender.

They need something. They need it bad. And, they need it yesterday.

They have pieces to swap, and management NEEDS to do something, because they can't keep firing coaches and expecting it to turn around.

They are in a better position than Florida or Columbus to use a goalie ready to win now, and I bet ownership is not happy with their current place in the standings.

Winnipeg is the other team I could see wanting Schneider. They love him there, and ownership knows him. Pavelec sucks.

I would LOVE to get... not who you think... wait for it... KANE!! jk.. not him. WHEELER!! Damn I love that guy. He's huge, and can play with the best of em.

If Schneider goes, then I think Winnipeg would be in on it.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

The trade is fair... it's just that Florida only has 24 games left... no incentive to get better at this time of year. They are just going to tank and take the first overall pick if they are lucky. They might be quite interested in Luongo in the summer but not now. They are in last place, injuries have really hit them too... there season is over.

Total, 100% speculation. Yes. By deduction in fact: Luongo will waive only to go to Florida. Gillis' asking price is too steep for Florida. Florida is a rebuilding, patient team on a limited budget. They're not trading their youth, they want to trade their high salaries, they have no pieces that fit both GM's plans.

Yes. CDC posts count for legitimate interest from Florida.

From the Panthers fan site:

1. Nikolai Khabibulin: $3.75M, UFA, .935 SV% (3 votes [25.00%] - View)

2. Jon Bernier: $1.25M, RFA, .916 SV% (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

3. Roberto Luongo: $5.333M, 2022, .916 SV% (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

4. Steve Mason: $2.9M, RFA, .907 SV% (1 votes [8.33%] - View)

Miika Kiprusoff: $5.833M, 2014, .870 SV% (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

12 votes. The thread was created on 27 February, 2013. Two things. Not only is there close to no interest from fans regarding Luongo, there's almost no interest in the game of hockey itself.

The first post on anything Luongo is post #14 with 12 replies. The next Luongo thread is... none. Five pages later I'm back to October 14, 2011.

The Luongo interest in Florida fans is 99% none.

Call it for what it is, but with a refusal to trade Bjudgstad comes the refusal to trade Luongo to Florida; the only place he'll waive to go.

Speculation?

YOU BET. But here's the thing, my speculation on the matter is as much worth as 99% of speculated posts on CDC and that's 99% of the posts on CDC.

Vancouver Canucks

Marcel Goc

Alex Petrovic

Scottie Upshall

2nd Round Pick (2013)

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

I like the whole package except Upshall (as said earlier)

What about getting Fleischmann? It doesn't take away anything from Florida's rebuild process.

Versteeg would also be nice once fully healthy.

Neither are very important pieces to Florida's future and can be replaced easily down the road by free-agency, or by prospects

Florida Panthers

Roberto Luongo

Andrew Ebbett

Kellan Tochkin

Vancouver Canucks

Thomas Fleischmann

Marcel Goc

2nd rd pick 2013

How's that value-wise? I wasn't sold on Goc but judging by Schroeder's inability to stay consistent (much of which I blame on AV)

Goc would be really useful...good for 25+ pts as a 3rd line checking C

Neither of these players affect a RW roster spot that is available for Jensen

More than fair.

The thing is with Florida. They need to continue with some momentum that they had last year, and the main reason for there struggles aside from maybe injuries has been goaltending.

They are only 7 points back and there is still half the season to go, if they made a move like this and got Luongo for a great price aswell as ditch a contract which is an added bonus for them, they could make a long pitch for the playoffs and Luongo is still the most popular Panther ever there or one of them, getting him and getting him for cheap would be a huge sell with the fans.

Thats why we lower the asking price to what I said.

Goc

Petrovic

2nd

Then throw in Upshall as a cap dumb which is a huge bonus for them. Then we wrap the Luongo saga up in a neat little bow and move forward with Cory. (Aswell as a 3rd line center in Goc that we desperately need)

Archived