The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Not even just Gillis, I think as a whole the organization looks bad no matter what happens and if u ask me they already look bad. They have just mistreated two star goaltenders...

If anyone thinks the organization and mg don't look bad after this, its quite foolish IMO.

Would you rather mg just traded Luongo for whatever the first offer was, which was probably a cap dump that we would buy out, effectively giving away Lu for free or be patient and get the best possible deal while capitalizing on two good goalies during a shortened season, cant have it both ways

stop with the defending MG.. the guy has handled this terribly. He's known since last year we need a centre. Luongo for a Centre...Luongo for a Centre how many times have we gotta say it before MG figures it out. Kelser had surgery in the off season... no where ready to play in Oct Nov dec... Manny is out... MG has known this forever. Get a Centre... Here's the thing... MG is too gun shy to pull the trigger.... he Botched the Hodgson trade so badly... he can't pull the trigger on a trade. He's waiting till the last possible second no matter how much it hurts this team.

Did Luongo truly think he'd be the Canucks number 1 goalie for the next 12 years?

Did schneider not consider that right Luongo deal might not come along he'd be playing along side of him this year?

If you think so then their is not point arguing with you.

But that's right, MG looks bad because he hasn't just offloaded one of our talented goalies yet. Trades involve two sides.

stop with the defending MG.. the guy has handled this terribly. He's known since last year we need a centre. Luongo for a Centre...Luongo for a Centre how many times have we gotta say it before MG figures it out. Kelser had surgery in the off season... no where ready to play in Oct Nov dec... Manny is out... MG has known this forever. Get a Centre... Here's the thing... MG is too gun shy to pull the trigger.... he Botched the Hodgson trade so badly... he can't pull the trigger on a trade. He's waiting till the last possible second no matter how much it hurts this team.

<p>

Like I said would you rather him have taken the first possible deal which probably was not a deal in the best interest of the team. Since when do what we say have any bearing on what mg does. Although i think he may have been able to get something different for hodgson I dont mind kas for hodgson, what I dont like is av constantly putting kas on lines that are not a good fit, he was doing great w sedins then move him down to fourth, great idea AV

PS just because I have a different view on a situation and can be more patient than some overzealous instant gratification fans does not mean I am defending MG, what it means is I have a different take on the matter and can see both sides. A trade takes two sides not just MG saying Give me this player, I give you luongo, done deal

Would you rather mg just trade Luongo for whatever the first offer was, which was probably a cap dump that we would buy out, effectively giving away Lu for free or be patient and get the best possible deal while capitalizing on two good goalies during a shortened season, cant have it both ways. Giving ntc lntc or a long contract is not a guarantee you will play, or play on any particular line or goaltender slot be it #1 or 2 otherwise no one would get benched for bad performances. This year imo Schneider has not earned the number one slot yet and even he admitted he has to play better.

I would rather mg traded Cory at the deadline last year or the year before to help us win the cup when we were the favourite to win. I have no problem with him being patient, just saying regardless it doesn't look good on the franchise and players might think twice if they got a promise from mg when they were about to sign a contract

I'm taking a big leap here... that you can actually read between the lines..."Our concern is we were hoping that this would be the year that Cory would play 75 per cent of the games," Liut told the paper. "We are only interested in resolution, we are not going to get into the finger-pointing game and to that end you have to take a step back and you have to give them latitude to make a business decision."

And none of that is any actual promise that Schneider would start that many games, just a hope based on the possibility of Luongo being traded that Schneider would get the lion's share of the starts.

From the same interview with Liut:

Shall we read between the lines of those quotes?

That's my point! Gillis made promises to both. So either way..he looks bad/ can't be trusted when negoitating UFA/RFA. He's breaking a promise to one of them.So either way the Press is gonna have a field day with him over that. He also knows he will get eattin alive by the media if this trade doesn't make a major impact.

And none of that is any actual promise that Schneider would start that many games, just a hope based on the possibility of Luongo being traded that Schneider would get the lion's share of the starts.

From the same interview with Liut:

Shall we read between the lines of those quotes?

Archived