The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Can we swap Ballard for Petrovic same time, same place...?

Who seen Shawn Matthias shorty tonight? Damn, that was the best short handed goal I've ever seen

I wonder if there's a way to get matthias and their first done.. I would be content with that 3rd center and take your chances on a high pick.

Lu 2nd

Matthias 1st

It's not exactly loading up but it solves a problem and if your gamblin man, you get a shot at drafting a real superstar. Take your lumps put a bandaid on the situation and see if your draft pick pays huge dividends.

Jones

Drouin

Mackinnon

Nichushkin

Barkov

Nurse

Lindholm

Zadarov

Monahan

At worst your return was Shawn Matthias and one of those young phenoms.

Yes, old jokes aside by some; they also have to put something legit on the table?

Mathias is quite a useful depth player but hardly centrepiece material for landing an all star. Had Weiss not been hurt, including him as a rental with Mathias + pick would have been great.

Not a chance, petrovic would go and develop into a useful player for us but who would entertain the press box for the next 2 years? Alberts has lots of experience but if AV trusted him with the job, he'd be up there more often.

Being serious, I would do it in a heartbeat but I don't think taking back on ballards contract is the best idea from a panthers point of view, especially at the expense of one of their best defense prospects. It would be kind of like trading Jensen for Samuelson but to a lesser extent.

Thanks mate!

Gunna break down on a pact with myself and watch some Leafs the next day or so... B)

Yeah Biggs, I just don't see him as more than a 3rd liner. He has an interesting PWF skillset, he is mean and can skate fairly well but is offensive skills aren't great. I just don't think he is more than a 3rd liner or tweener.

As for Frattin, he is a guy who skates really well, plays a good two-way game, a good fore-checker, pretty physical, has a good shot and smart offensive skills. Then there is still some upside.

There is alot to like there and he has been playing quite well this year.

Yes, old jokes aside by some; they also have to put something legit on the table?

Mathias is quite a useful depth player but hardly centrepiece material for landing an all star. Had Weiss not been hurt, including him as a rental with Mathias + pick would have been great.

Archived