or

Bozak

Frattin

2nd

TOR

Luongo

Rodin

Sauve

Edit: Kulemin just sniped, 4-2 Jets, maybe not over so soon, but the Leafs have looked lifeless so I don't anticipate a comeback tonight.

2nd Edit: Scratch that, Lupul scores, 4-3. Maybe a comeback might be on the Horizon? :sadno:

Well, I think u'd have to worry about 5 hole? :frantic:

And lateral motion starting going left, then coming back right after momentum gets going might not be possible?

But I bet if we had a sumo he could handle Mrachand for us in front of our net? :bigblush:

How bout a Sumo?

Guys are very athletic, have terrific balance, good lateral movement, and would be real hard to get a puck past.

For those of you that keep saying there is no goalie market, lets take a look at what's happening today and how tight the playoff race is.

1. Toronto down 4-3 to the Jets and could be on a 3 game losing streak and only points up on the Rangers. They're also beginning to second guess their goalie.

2. Capitals continue to lose (4-1 to the Bruins today) and we all know that they will not sit and do nothing about it. Either a coach change or something big.

3. Tampa Bay is winning today but they haven't had the best goaltending and with the team they have and the money they've spent in the offseason, have expectations to making the playoffs. You would have to think Yzerman has some pressure on him. Either the coach will go soon or they'd go hard for a goalie.

4. Flyers and their continue problems with Bryzgalov and their defence. Out of the teams I've named I could see them being the first to make a big move. I think they'd go for a defenceman first. It all depends on what stupid comment Bryzgalov makes next. He's great at kicking himself in the nuts.

5. Florida is down 3-0 and have been getting blown out and flat out embarrassed. How can they sell tickets when they're so awful? They don't have as much pressure as the other teams I've mentioned because they're not trying to make the playoffs. Their pressure is on bringing something in to create hype to the fans to come back next year and watch the team.

To add to all of this, there is a gm meeting next week and the Canucks are bringing all of their scouts back east.

For those of you that keep saying there is no goalie market, lets take a look at what's happening today and how tight the playoff race is.

1. Toronto .

2. Capitals .

3. Tampa Bay.

4. Flyers

5. Florida.

To add to all of this, there is a gm meeting next week and the Canucksare bringing all of their scouts back east.

Toronto - If toronto made a trade (for this more trade value for cory) would Toronto really be better off. They don't have the assets to give up and remain a playoff team.

Capitals braden holtby, other then his first 5 games he's been rock solid. Why would they give up this "more trade value" when they have a young cheaper goalie who has great potential of his own.

Tampa Bay. Why would they give up "more trade value" when they have a young goalie like Vasilevski in the system, Luongo would be a good fit and he could be a mentor like was for cory.

Flyers Unless Bryzgalov contract is moved nothing will happen until the summer.

Florida. Already pretty much completely out of the play off race. Why would they give up (more trade value when compared to Luongo) for a goalie like Cory with they have a goalie like Markstrom who in a few years with a little more development can become the teams top tender. Again Luongo would be a good fit to and a mentor.

On top of that 4/5 of the teams you listed our in a playoff race. They are everything but knocked out, Phily has the best odds of the 4 and they need 12-4-3 in their last 19 to sneak into last with 54 points.

Like I said which teams are going give up this "more trade value for cory" when theres no market for it this year.

I can accept you that you have your opinion and I have mine. The only thing i'll leave you with is sometimes GAA doesn't reflect on the goalie as much as it does on the team. Luongo's GAA in florida was only a 2.64 and florida didn't make the playoffs once in his 5 years their.

Should Gillis start to panic a bit? The Canucks haven't looked good all year round. In my opinion I don't think we have much of a chance this year and I would be happy to just tank and not make any moves to just get into the playoffs. The Sedins seem off and so does the rest of the team except for Tanev, Raymond and Hansen.

Should Gillis start to panic a bit? The Canucks haven't looked good all year round. In my opinion I don't think we have much of a chance this year and I would be happy to just tank and not make any moves to just get into the playoffs. The Sedins seem off and so does the rest of the team except for Tanev, Raymond and Hansen.

Problem is, the team is so off that Tanev, Raymond and Hansen are shining.

That's how bad it is.

I strongly believe that the team is talented enough but lack something fundamental which manifests itself in its opposite; fomfort. They are comfortable. They are at home, collecting millions, barely playing the game they came to love.

AV needs to go

A 2C is badly needed

Kesler needs to bite the bullet and play 3C if he wants a Cup

A top right T1D is badly needed

They need to outhit their opponent every night and HARD

They need to play with more urgency

They need to get hungry again

They need to be scared of losing their job to younger, better players

They need a kick in the face for putting up such a lame performance as tonight

They need to better manage salary to better utilize talent

Briefly said, this franchise is now officially a mess.

Bring in Keenan; he'll clean up the mess.

Archived