3104 replies to this topic

#3001 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

Funny how much complaining goes on regarding the Canucks prospect pool, but when you get down to it, when you look at the Canucks vs Leafs prospect pool, even if you disregard the fact the Leafs have been selecting much higher in the draft, I have to say that Morgan Rielly aside there's not a single player I would take one for one for any of Schroeder, Lack, Jensen, Corrado or Gaunce.

Truth to these words

#3002 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

So by the sounds of it mg is giving away an elite goalie with a fantastic cap hit away for a third liner at best, a prospect that will never play in the NHL and a 2nd round pick that he'll ultimately use on a terrible prospect

So when you say giving away, do you mean "a goalie we don't want", and when you say a fantastic cap hit do you mean "higher than our starting goalie's cap hit and higher than most goalies in the league"?

#3003 vcrguy

vcrguy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:18 PM

Don't want leaf player........I don't player from a losing organization........

You realize that TO has as many wins as us, right? We're not the Canucks of old any more.

#3004 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:19 PM

Funny how much complaining goes on regarding the Canucks prospect pool, but when you get down to it, when you look at the Canucks vs Leafs prospect pool, even if you disregard the fact the Leafs have been selecting much higher in the draft, I have to say that Morgan Rielly aside there's not a single player I would take one for one for any of Schroeder, Lack, Jensen, Corrado or Gaunce.

Good point.. I'd be tempted to do Schroeder for Kadri but I'm not entirely convinced Kadri is the better player when this is all said and done.

Gardiner is up there with our prospects as well.

They really don't have anything that I really want. Their first is the most intriguing piece if they won't give up Kadri Gardiner or Reilly

#3005 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:23 PM

Good point.. I'd be tempted to do Schroeder for Kadri but I'm not entirely convinced Kadri is the better player when this is all said and done.

Gardiner is up there with our prospects as well.

They really don't have anything that I really want. Their first is the most intriguing piece if they won't give up Kadri Gardiner or Reilly

I left out Kassian and Kadri because they're both pretty much NHL players now imo. It's probably fair to remove Schroeder and Gardiner from the prospect category as well, but that being said it's still...

Lack, Jensen, Gaunce, Corrrado
Reilly
in the cumulative top 5 imo.

Ashton is not impressing anyone with 11 goals and 8 assists in 53 games this year.
Colborne - likewise - and he's a 23 year old by the way.
Biggs is probably their best prospect aside from Reilly, and from what I saw at the WJC, I'd take a definite pass on him.

Edited by oldnews, 29 March 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#3006 RobberLuongo

RobberLuongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I say Luongo + Schroeder + 100 first round picks for Stamkos :bigblush:
"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city"

#1 Roberto Luongo

#3007 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,177 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:48 PM

Bjugstad might be ready for the NHL..
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#3008 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:02 PM

I guess we shall see. I'm with you in the sense that we shouldn't expect the world for Lu. But something like a Bozak, colbourne/finn/biggs/frattin and a conditional 1st would serve us well. The way Gillis operates suggests that he won't lower his price. That's just the kind of guy he is, his demeanor on this trade has literally not shifted a single bit

Yeah same

I dont really know anything about Finn. Does he have size like Biggs and Colbourne?

Putting up big numbers in the OHL, but average size.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 29 March 2013 - 08:02 PM.

zackass.png

#3009 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:18 PM

Bjugstad might be ready for the NHL..

Don't think it's happening but boy that would be nice

#3010 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:52 PM

You realize that TO has as many wins as us, right? We're not the Canucks of old any more.

They're the Panthers of this year. Next year is all over for them.

#3011 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

I say Luongo + Schroeder + 100 first round picks for Stamkos :bigblush:

Better off with Schneider for Stamkos straight up and keep 100 years of 1st round picks.

#3012 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:00 PM

The thing is TO hasn't so much as improved their play as much as other teams in the conference have been surprisingly bad.

Rangers, Flyers, Tampa Bay (they did face Boston in the East Finals not too long ago with a worse lineup) were all not expected to be where they are today. Toronto brought in a defensive-minded coach and still have a ugly GA.

#3013 N4ZZY

N4ZZY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:19 PM

if gillis can't get what he wants from (the rumors) Toronto and Nonis.

then i say, wait until the off-season, where canucks management thinks that there's like 9 teams that would be interested. if they can't move luongo at that time. then the team is screwed. like, really in big trouble.

#3014 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,937 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:46 PM

Two notes; Huet is of course a free agent. No charge other than contract. So does that mean framework to move a goalie is in place?

But playing in Europe, I'm pretty sure he has to clear waivers. It's almost like you have to pay him a decent wage so he clea"

Sorry man-it was a lame attempt at humour in referencing a pop band from that brutal decade of music, the 80's.

#3015 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:05 PM

Two notes; Huet is of course a free agent. No charge other than contract. So does that mean framework to move a goalie is in place?

But playing in Europe, I'm pretty sure he has to clear waivers. It's almost like you have to pay him a decent wage so he clea"

Sorry man-it was a lame attempt at humour in referencing a pop band from that brutal decade of music, the 80's.

Huet was terrible the last time he was in the NHL and he's 38 this year. Pass.

#3016 The Magician

The Magician

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,789 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

I think you mean they're not the Leafs of old any more.

cL3GIZK.jpg

Credit to Parise11 for the amazing sig!

#3017 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

Anyone else getting a good laff out of the Laffs latest?

The whole 'we want Kipper' thing is just a little too contrived.

What part of Kipper's heart isn't in it don't they understand? I won't report. I have a new daughter and a family that is more important to me at this point.

Yet the Leafs keep trying to use him as a bargaining chip in the Luongo lowball saga.

A few problems with that dog and pony show: Kipper's been giving up 5 goals a night on a regular basis.

.873 sv %

His last playoff appearance was in 2008/9 when he had an .884 sv % and 3.52gaa.

The Leafs would rather give up a pick for a disinterested rental, than add a roster player and prospect and get themselves a cornerstone.

That's just too dumb, even for the Laffs.

Edited by oldnews, 29 March 2013 - 10:32 PM.

#3018 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm crossing my fingers the islanders come in and scoop up luongo before the leafs do. Reinhart 1st or something crazy haha I will bow to gillis if he hits a home run with someone other than Toronto

Future top 4
Edler Tanev
Reinhart Corrado

#3019 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

shouldn't it be 7.0 by now?

anyway islander have far superior prospect than leafs......they will be good and making the playoff is better than leaf making it....

Leaf won't make the playoffs next year if they have the same goalie

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#3020 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,442 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Expect the unexpected.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#3021 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:01 PM

maybe there will be a trade by Monday or Tuesday or Wedenesday........bozark don't really make up cup contender all of a sudden

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#3022 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

Lu for Bozak, Finn, 2nd.

or

Lu, Raymond for Bozak, Gardiner.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#3023 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Hoping to see Luongo stick around after the deadline.

Can't fathom thinking that the last game I saw of him wearing a ball cap on the bench would be the last game he will ever dress at Rogers arena as a Canuck.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#3024 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Expect the unexpected.

I was just thinking about that actually.. We are all expecting to get low balled till we hit the panic button on a mediocre package.. It would be really unexpected if he really knocked this one out of the park with a different team that hadn't shown serious interest yet. I'm talkin full value haha that would be unexpected.

Reinhart Cizikas 1st for luongo

You'd never see it comin lol

#3025 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,703 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

Lu for Bozak, Finn, 2nd.

or

Lu, Raymond for Bozak, Gardiner.

That would be the bare minimum I would be willing to see Luongo go for.

Even still, sentimental values say no, but it would be a decent trade.

Even if we win the Cup by trading Luongo for the missing piece, there would be an empty spot in my heart. A Cup in Vancouver without Luongo would not feel right to me.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#3026 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,765 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:28 PM

That would be the bare minimum I would be willing to see Luongo go for.

Even still, sentimental values say no, but it would be a decent trade.

Even if we win the Cup by trading Luongo for the missing piece, there would be an empty spot in my heart. A Cup in Vancouver without Luongo would not feel right to me.

Yeah I want more for Lu but I don't think we will get much more then that, and yeah I want Lu to win a cup here also.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#3027 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

What makes some of you think Luongo will waive his NTC for the Islanders ... wake up already!

#3028 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

I think an eastern club not named the Laffs could walk away with Luo as the Leafs kick and kick and kick tires.

Philly and the Isles both have the assets to get it done - and in both cases, I don't believe they'll necessarily wait for the offseason to add a goaltender if they feel Luo is as good as anyone else to hit the market.

In the case of the Islanders, a move right now might make the most sense as they're tied for the 8 spot. They also have the futures to make other additions to improve their chances of making the playoffs this year. A little forward momentum for them before their move could pay off significantly, and playoff games aren't bad for revenues, particularly if the Rangers wound up on the outside looking in. That'd be a lot of attention shifting to Long Island. Nabokov, Cizikas, A prospect/pick.

Philly is out of the race, but that may actually enable them as much as anything else. It's not inconceivable that Holmgren starts the selling when the selling is high - at the TD - imo it won't be as opportune in the summer when the cap space fire sales are in full swing. He could move an expensive or aging asset or two, and pick up Luo to finally give them some known quantity in goal, while dealing with Bryzgalov later. The Flyers have youth on their roster, but their prospect pool is weak.

Briere persuaded to go to Boston for Khokhlachev and a 1st.

Hartnell to the Habs for Jarred Tinordi and a pick or prospect.

Meszaros or Grossman for futures.

Luo, Connauton for Couturier, Talbot. :ph34r:

#3029 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,275 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:35 PM

What makes some of you think Luongo will waive his NTC for the Islanders ... wake up already!

What makes you so sure he wouldn't? Go back to sleep.

#3030 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

On a serious note how about

Luongo Schroeder 3rd

For

Reinhart cizikas 1st

Sound fair?

Reinhart's the centerpiece for luongo, we throw in our best offensive centre prospect and it evens out the 1st round pick and downgrade in cizikas. Cizikas suits our needs better though anyways. Give them a 3rd because they aren't Toronto.

Cizikas suits our needs better and immediately takes schroeders spot in the depth chart. Better 3c and gives gaunce time to develop.

New York doesn't have to gut their team chemistry to get a goalie and have enough depth to cover the loss in youth and still gain Schroeder in the end.

We get a future stud D for corrado to play with and another first to play with.

Would the isles take it or am I out to lunch?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.