The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

I don't think Luo will play for the next decade, but you never know.

Rough night for you though. Luo - not really on his game - outplayed by Howard again. Would sure hate to face Detroit in the playoffs if we moved our franchise guy and had to go with Luo.

With the entire second line now injured, and Toronto treading water, wouldn't be surprised if Nonis and Gillis managed to come to a compromise.

I don't think Luo will play for the next decade, but you never know.

Rough night for you though. Luo - not really on his game - outplayed by Howard again. Would sure hate to face Detroit in the playoffs if we moved our franchise guy and had to go with Luo.

With the entire second line now injured, and Toronto treading water, wouldn't be surprised if Nonis and Gillis managed to come to a compromise.

Problem is, the team is so off that Tanev, Raymond and Hansen are shining.

That's how bad it is.

I strongly believe that the team is talented enough but lack something fundamental which manifests itself in its opposite; fomfort. They are comfortable. They are at home, collecting millions, barely playing the game they came to love.

AV needs to go

A 2C is badly needed

Kesler needs to bite the bullet and play 3C if he wants a Cup

A top right T1D is badly needed

They need to outhit their opponent every night and HARD

They need to play with more urgency

They need to get hungry again

They need to be scared of losing their job to younger, better players

They need a kick in the face for putting up such a lame performance as tonight

They need to better manage salary to better utilize talent

Briefly said, this franchise is now officially a mess.

Bring in Keenan; he'll clean up the mess. He'll toughen up the Sedins, he'll utilize Kassian to his maximum, he'll piss off Luongo and he'll play lights out once again, he'll get them hitting hard, he'll punish the lazy play and praise the 150%, he'll doghouse ANY who is dishonest; Kesler comes to mind.

I agree with you on most of your points.

I don't agree on Keenan but I'd love to see Lindy Ruff come in. The La kings won the cup after a coaching change and so did the Penguins. Vigneault is laughing on the bench too much and it shows the lack of professionalism. Lindy Ruff is one of the best coaches in the NHL and I think that is the first step because we have too many issues that need to be fixed.

I don't agree that we're a mess. I'd love to get Burke back here. Gillis has done a good job but he hasn't put a stamp on this team with a trade or a draft pick in my opinion.

Tortorella, Crawford or Ruff is exactly what this team needs.

Concerning Burke, I agree that it would be nice. What is nice about it is he never got a goaltender but built incredible teams. In this case, he would already have two great goaltenders to start with.

If I weren't a Canucks fan, I'd enjoy watching you get what you wish for.

Trade Schneider - actually throw him into one of your terrible proposals as an afterthought, and get fleeced.

Bring in Mike Keenan.

Good luck with your plan.

Leafs have lost 5 straight.

The 24 game mark was exactly where they started tanking last year - as did their young goaltending.

I said the same thing days ago - the time for them to make a move was yesterday.

Luongo's value is dropping like a 2 ton rock ... it was pretty bad to begin with but now, we are stuck with 2 No. 2 goalies for the rest of this season and I don't know how long. What would make this summer any different than last summer ... Gillis couldn't move Luongo all last summer.

Archived