The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Last I checked; Brodeur backstopped his team from no where to the finals last year. And yes he was much better last year than Lou was in our cup run where he was a let down in the finals.

Yes, Lou out performed Brodeur at the Olympics. But Lou was not a dominating goalie in that tourney, or the reason they won. He qualifies like Niemi did when he won the cup; he got the job done but it was the team in front of him that locked it down!

Brodeur HAS been every bit as dominant as Lou could be in cup runs, but without brain farts or let downs. Absolutely rock solid and clutch in key moments and games. Lou had a chance to be the clutch guy who gets us over adversity and did not get it done. Brodeur's place in the hall is a certainty; its not a good comparison for you to make!

Brodeur against the Kings: 19 goals allowed in 6 games.

• Wednesday, May 30, 2012: Los Angeles Kings 2 - New Jersey Devils 1 (OT)

(Kings lead series 1-0)

• Saturday, June 2, 2012: Los Angeles Kings 2 - New Jersey Devils 1 (OT)

(Kings lead series 2-0)

• Monday, June 4, 2012: Los Angeles Kings 4 - New Jersey Devils 0

(Kings lead series 3-0)

• Wednesday, June 6, 2012: New Jersey Devils 3 - Los Angeles Kings 1

(Kings lead series 3-1)

• Saturday, June 9, 2012: New Jersey Devils 2 - Los Angeles Kings 1

(Kings lead series 3-2)

• Monday, June 11, 2012: Los Angeles Kings 6 - New Jersey Devils 1

(Kings win series 4-2)

Seems like just about every Lu lover has to resort to making up bull to make Lu look better.

How about you don't add in 4 empty net goals to Brodeurs totals and make it 15 goals in 6 1/3 games(21 minutes of overtime).

Lu allowed 20 in a little less minutes(basically 6 games)than Brodeur did.

What??? When did I say that. Luongo still has 4-5 years of pure dominance infront of him. At 5.3 his cap hit is a steal. He would have got OVER 7 million a year guaranteed on the market when he signed.

Luongo is better than Cory right now.

Apollo quote - What??? When did I say that. Luongo still has 4-5 years of pure dominance infront of him. At 5.3 his cap hit is a steal. He would have got OVER 7 million a year guaranteed on the market when he signed.

Whats amazing is your english comprehension Riviera82, Apollo was clearly talking about Regular Season in his post and to try and win points you put Luongo's playoff performances down. This season unfortunately Cory is not the better goalie win/loss GAA and SV% stats prove this.How many rings did Cory bring us with his 1 win and 2 losses ?

Personally I say play the hot goalie whomever it is, Luongo is on the way out regardless so we may as well try to capitalize on his "Regular Season play" while we have him and hey if he craps any game he plays in the playoff switch to the obviously dominant playoff performer in Cory Schneider.

Apollo quote - What??? When did I say that. Luongo still has 4-5 years of pure dominance infront of him. At 5.3 his cap hit is a steal. He would have got OVER 7 million a year guaranteed on the market when he signed.

Whats amazing is your english comprehension Riviera82, Apollo was clearly talking about Regular Season in his post and to try and win points you put Luongo's playoff performances down. This season unfortunately Cory is not the better goalie win/loss GAA and SV% stats prove this.How many rings did Cory bring us with his 1 win and 2 losses ?

Personally I say play the hot goalie whomever it is, Luongo is on the way out regardless so we may as well try to capitalize on his "Regular Season play" while we have him and hey if he craps any game he plays in the playoff switch to the obviously dominant playoff performer in Cory Schneider.

24 play off shut outs to 5 says What?

You are not seriously comparing Lou's play off career to Brodeur's are you? :sick:

First off you lost me at Marty being better than Lu was in their cup run.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? LUONGO STOLE THREE GAMES TO PUSH IT TO SEVEN. Did u even watch the devils play last year??!!!!?!! As usual their style helped Marty ...

And no brain farts compared to luongo?? THIS WAS IN THE CUP FINAL ... even the best goalies have bad goals or games. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bbRPK6sz2o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Compared to our alternative in Cory Schneider right now luongo is pure dominance. In apollo's quote I did highlight what Apollo wrote 'luongo is better than Cory right now' operative words being 'right now' he was talking in present tense not past tense since there has not been playoffs yet this year your point about luongo's past playoff performance is moot for this part of the thread but not as a whole when discussing in the past tense. again English comprehension. Any way still don't care who plays as long as the whole team shows up to play, that is the main issue in my opinion, either the goalies don't show up or the offence and defense forget to show.

Ps when people post a comment with parts written only in present and future tense as apollo did and a rebuttal is posted in the past tense that is what makes a moot point.

Compared to our alternative in Cory Schneider right now luongo is pure dominance. In apollo's quote I did highlight what Apollo wrote 'luongo is better than Cory right now' operative words being 'right now' he was talking in present tense not past tense since there has not been playoffs yet this year your point about luongo's past playoff performance is moot for this part of the thread but not as a whole when discussing in the past tense. again English comprehension. Any way still don't care who plays as long as the whole team shows up to play, that is the main issue in my opinion, either the goalies don't show up or the offence and defense forget to show.

Ps when people post a comment with parts written only in present and future tense as apollo did and a rebuttal is posted in the past tense that is what makes a moot point.

Is Washigton's owner Leonis really going to be ok with not making the playoffs with all that high priced talent. Goaltending is the obvious problem and Lu would easily turn the Caps around.

So just for fun...

Lu, Ballard, Shroeder, Connaughton, 3rd, 4th

For

Carlson, Forsberg, Hendricks, Neuvirth

Then to CLB:

Booth, Neuvirth, 2nd, 3rd in 2014

For

Johansen and Prospal

Archived