The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Well I'll give you credit for the mini symbols sir, but I have to disagree. I was working off the assumption, that with the Panthers losing 4 players to injury in tonight's game, that they might be open to acquiring a forward (raymond) and a D-man (Barker). I can't see Raymond staying once he reaches UFA, I mean we slashed his contract this past year, and before that he was operating on a 'bridge' contract, needless to say he can get 3m+ on the open market without a contract dispute. So I see him being a rental for Florida, and Barker helping them plug that void left by Kulikov's injury.

Maybe we can get more, but I vehemently say no to getting Goc/Upshall/Bergenheim back, all fail contracts.

Van:

Bjugstad (that's right, I said it)

Petrovic

Clemmensen

Fla:

Luongo

Raymond (they'll have a better chance resigning him)

2nd

What's with Florida..what do they want to stock pile centers and lick at other positions?

Will having 6 good centers make your goaltending better????

Weiss, Huberdeau, Shore, Matthias, Goc, Bjugstad.

Is Markstrom going to play 65 games next year, how about the year after???

Gillis, take the freaking cap dump so we can end this circus- Gillis ur a drama queen.

Or just move schneider already.

IMO it's pretty obvious Lu doesn't want to go to TO. People can talk about Kadri all they want but Lu never waived his NTC. Florida and TB are the most likely destinations and both desperately need goaltending help.

Lu, Shroeder, Connauton, Sweatt, 2nd

For

Bjustad, Weiss, Petrovic, Clemmensen

Lu, Ballard, Connauton, 2nd

For

Hedman, Garon, capdump

Lu, Shroeder >= Bjustad, Weiss

Connauton, 2nd > Petrovic

Sweatt = Clemmensen

TB trade, all in for Hedman with Garon and capdump.

Anyone making luongo to Florida proposals is INSANE. Insane to the point that u should be in an insane asylum.

WHY WOULD LUONGO ACCEPT A TRADE TO THE LAST PLACE TEAM? especially when he has an opportunity to lead this team to a cup? He isn't going anywhere this season. Unless there is a serious contender involved.

Anyone making luongo to Florida proposals is INSANE. Insane to the point that u should be in an insane asylum.

WHY WOULD LUONGO ACCEPT A TRADE TO THE LAST PLACE TEAM? especially when he has an opportunity to lead this team to a cup? He isn't going anywhere this season. Unless there is a serious contender involved.

I'm not trying to say that I know what he's thinking but like most people I think he would accept a deal to Florida. If it were any other bottom feeder team you are probably right but this has been his ideal place since day one in this whole saga.

We are comparing Luongo to a 40 year old Brodeur, in otherwords well past his peak Brodeur.

So if: Brodeur at 40 > Luongo last year/now

Then I guess that in itself admits Luongo isn't as good as you think he is.

LOL.

Absolutely cracked me up, thanks for that one Oldnews. Really needed it after some of the readings I have seen around here recently.

:lol:

Actually I think that is pretty fair.

Carlson is already a 2-3 defenseman with sky high potential, if we could get that I would take it and run, far away. It would help us a ton right now, then we could trade Ballard for that 3C we need and be on our way into the playoffs with a line-up that looks a little something like:

Daniel - Henrik - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian/Higgins

Raymond - (3C) - Hansen

Sestito - Lappy - Higgins/Kassian

Schroeder, Pinnizzotto, Weise

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Carlson

Garrison - Tanev

Alberts, Barker

Just imagine that, boy it really sucks Washington isn't likely interested, and sucks even more they wouldn't give up Carlson barring huge overpayment. :(

Otherwise we would stacked even more-so going into the playoffs.

Can you please stop talking like you know exactly what he is thinking. When you say "he doesn't want to do this and he wants this" it makes it seem like you know him on a personal level. Also, just because someone is critical doesn't make them a "hater".

Can you please stop talking like you know exactly what he is thinking. When you say "he doesn't want to do this and he wants this" it makes it seem like you know him on a personal level. Also, just because someone is critical doesn't make them a "hater".

Apollo has OCD when it comes to Lu. He seems to believe it his his calling to promote Lu at every post and shout down any thought of Lu leaving or anyone suggesting Lu may not be the sole reason for the Nucks existence/success.

It's kind of creepy ...almost like a John Lennon - Mark Chapman thing.

Does apollo think that Lu didnt know that Florida sucked in the first place? (oh wait he must think all Lu cares about is winning the cup :lol: )

In addition to that, why are they doing so bad? Its because their GOALIES suck..so common sense Lu would see things getting turned around..

Archived