The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

Lies Lies and more Lies..you, cmpunk, ballet 101 and downunder are obsessed with Luongo, probably what happened was you were starstruck when he came to town, and now cant see the truth about Lu..

I agree with you that he is a great regular season goalie and good playoff goalie.

However, we have a younger cheaper goalie, who at this point in time is just as good as Lu, and as the team and many fans have come to known a better playoff performer because of his calm demeanor.

And for your argument about getting more return for Cory, well by not trading Lu we are actually losing an asset. See we have a window to trade Lu and get something now. By holding on to Cory, there will come a day, when we will be able to trade him too and keep the next younger, cheaper goalie of our future team.

Or we could keep Cory and trade the other young goalie (Lack) and we would know that we still have Cory playing good for a while longer because he is just entering his prime.

Well he's the GM so he makes 99% of decisions regardless of how you feel about him. Yes I understand Lu has an NTC. He also publicly stated that he'd waive his no trade. Also if he wants to be the starter again he would most likely have to be traded.

Even if one sees things the way you do. You have to take into account that Lu is a month away from being 34, which means hes on the downhill now, especially given his big body. While Cory is turning 27, and on the uphill. Even Gillis said so yesterday.."once Cory gets more comfortable in the league he will get even better. You know that LA goalie Quick? who was the Conn Smythe winner? well guess what him and Cory go way back, and at every level they played Cory has been the better goalie. All Cory needs is more games and watch what he does...even in that series, Cory had the better numbers, but we were playing from behind.

MG does have the final say, hes just playing nice right now.

No luongo isn't on the down slide.

Hasek Thomas Roy brodeur all either won cups or went to the finals in their later years and were phenomenal. Brodeur I would say was the worst out of those four after 34

Jonathan quick is the next cam ward ma fleury js giguere if u ask me. I don't find quick relevant ... kesler n Booth had the same relationship does that make them the same player? No.

Luongo has final say. Search up the meaning of ntc

Anyone making luongo to Florida proposals is INSANE. Insane to the point that u should be in an insane asylum.

WHY WOULD LUONGO ACCEPT A TRADE TO THE LAST PLACE TEAM? especially when he has an opportunity to lead this team to a cup? He isn't going anywhere this season. Unless there is a serious contender involved.

Archived