The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

And why would you rather have the Tampa deal exactly? Ryan Johansen is loaded with potential, Steve Mason is young enough to turn around his developement and could still be a number 1 in the future, plus a first round pick in a deep draft is always good and gives you more options to make a deal at the draft.

Hedman is good, on the verge of really good, but the other trade benefits the Canucks better for the future.

Jensen Johansen Kassian :)

Edit: I'm speaking of the return only in the proposal, not what pieces the Canucks are giving up.

I like the deal, but I have one thing I'd counter/amend.

Either I'd substitute Drew Shore for the 1st coming back our way, substitute out Schroeder, or remove both Schroeder and their 1st.

I don't see Florida having a great deal of interest in a C/Schroeder considering even without Goc, they'd have Weiss, Huberdeau, Shore, Matthias, Mueller, Santorelli, Howden, Bjugstad, Grimaldi, Rau... and from our side, unless we bring back a pair of centers, I wouldn't want to move Schroeder.

Aside from that, I really like that deal.

Or your deal could be left as is if Florida wanted Schroeder - it would still facilitate a deal for one of our left side D - and the Canucks could go out and acquire another depth C in a separate deal if they saw fit.

I don't think with where florida sits in the standings they would trade their first, not aleast until the draft and the know where that pick is. If its not a top 5 pick them maybe they'd think about it

"@HeadtotheNet: Lebrun on the Team radio saying he senses a strong offer for #Canucks' Schneider will come over next few weeks."

Gotta be TB or CLB. Both Eastern teams to (CLB joining East).

I'd rather keep Corey but if the value is very high for him then I can understand why.

Schneid, Booth, Shroeder, 3rd

For

Johansen, Mason, Prospal, late 1st

Or

Schneid, Ballard, 2nd

For

Hedman, Garon

Archived