The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

What's with these Nino - Filatov comparisons? One is a whiny, soft Russian, who bolted pretty much as soon as he was sent to the Ahl. Nino is a power forward, former Whl player, who plays like a Canadian and isn't a threat to flee, he just wants a fair shot.

Nino's trade value has decreased significantly. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a 2nd round pick. his numbers in the NHL are awful.

For those talking about Tanev: he is a true defense man. He is almost like Lidstrom (obviously not as good) but he plays that sort of way. He makes barely any mistakes!! His only fault is his shot. He often fans and it isn't very hard. Hopefully he can work on that.

I don't think they are going to buy him out, as it's not realistic for there franchise. Rather just send him down and give Poulin a chance since Rick is playing bad.

Just my opinion though, hopefully I am wrong, maybe that will open up a possibility at a Luongo deal to NYI.

Bertuzzi was a bust as well, and we gave up Linden for him?

Not saying Nino = Bert.

What I am saying is you have to take risks in trades. Some will be busts, but some have yet to be given the development they need and used correctly.

Some other guys: Higgins was a bust, Kassian was becoming a bust, Lapierre was a bust, Naslund was a bust... Risks do pan out, some guys also get over being frustrated that they are no longer top line guys and suddenly realize they have to work their arse off just to stay in the league... Malhotra, Bernier, Torres... All have some value still.

A former 43 goal scorer, a number 5 overall pick (6'2" 208 lbs) and a first rounder in a deep talented draft, even with risks, is a pretty good haul!

Just have to say this...YUCK!!! Nino Niederreiter has "Filatov" disappointment all over him. Didn't he also want out, just like Nino does? He has played 64 NHL games has 3 points and is a -30. THAT'S THE MEAT AND POTATOES IN YOUR DEAL?! :picard:. The first isn't going to even be that great. However valuable picks are going to be in this draft, it's not worth it.

That being said, I do believe RW depth is needed, just like you mentioned. There are better ways of getting said depth though. I would personally like to get Teddy Purcell from Tampa. That one would take one of our goalies for sure! Any better ideas for RW depth?

People here thinking Neidereiter will be a giveaway are taking his numbers last year out of context.

He played 10 minutes a game on the fourth line, as a 19 year old, and the bulk of his minutes were with Jay Pandolfo, who had 3 points in 62 games, and Tim Wallace, who had a single point. When you look at his underlying numbers, he was only a -4.5 relative corsi, while getting only 46% offensive zone starts, and 49.3% finishes. It was an extremely odd way to use a highly skilled bluechip prospect, but his lack of production and +/- say very little about the young player.

He's still a tremendous talent, and if the Isles are prepared to dump him for a 2nd, there would be a hell of a lot of suitors. I'd be shocked if he could be had for that, and would chalk that up to idiotic player management.

People here thinking Neidereiter will be a giveaway are taking his numbers last year out of context.

He played 10 minutes a game on the fourth line, as a 19 year old, and the bulk of his minutes were with Jay Pandolfo, who had 3 points in 62 games, and Tim Wallace, who had a single point. When you look at his underlying numbers, he was only a -4.5 relative corsi, while getting only 46% offensive zone starts, and 49.3% finishes. It was an extremely odd way to use a highly skilled bluechip prospect, but his lack of production and +/- say very little about the young player.

He's still a tremendous talent, and if the Isles are prepared to dump him for a 2nd, there would be a hell of a lot of suitors. I'd be shocked if he could be had for that, and would chalk that up to idiotic player management.

Does McPhee really think his job will be safe if he places in the bottom of the Western Conference with the owner spending to the cap? The goaltending is the obvious issue and Lu would help the Caps greatly on and off the ice. How long will McPhee wait before he does something?

Realistic Fair Trade:

Lu and Ballard

For

Carlson and Neuvirth

Dream Trade:

Lu, Ballard, Connaughton, 2nd, 3rd

For

Neuvirth, Carlson and Forsberg

I think we would do better not packaging Ballard with Lou,for some reason I feel like we get more trading them individually to different teams. If it ends up being the Capitals or Isles I honestly would be happy with young promising players.

Nino Niederreiter,Ryan Strome, Griffen Reinhart,Kyle Okposo for the Isles. Say 2 of them and a draft pick.

Filip Forsberg,Evgeny Kuznetsov,Tom Wilson and Marcus Johansson.Same deal as with the Isles 2 and a pick.

Much more willing to take a goalie back from Washington than the Isles.

I think we need to start building for the future and the idea that our window is closing because our core is older is not something I buy into as much as the media likes to play it up. I know they love to see us go for broke and then laugh when we sold our future to get it.

As for Ballard we can swap him for a plug this year near the trade deadline or keep him till draft,not to critical for me. The forward surplus of say Higgins,Raymond and Hanson is more of a worry. I think we need to dump one in a package,just not to sure who..lol

Luongo is REALLY hot (36-24-36)

See a goalie walkin' down the street

Just the kind of goalie that I'd like to meet

It ain't his hair, his clothes, his feet

Somethin' much more discreet

Now I ain't loud Cory I ain't proud

I just want what I'm not allowed

Movin on up & help myself

Do a world of good for my tender health

36-24-36

Something's broken' that needs to be fixed

I don't know how to tell you this but

I'm getting bored and I need some sticks

Like 36-24-36

Franson is the same player he's been for the last few years - he's just being utilized this yr like he was in Nashville. That's why he 'appears' successful. He's a guy with a good shot, a PP guy, but eats weak minutes. He's always played incredibly sheltered minutes, low even strength TOI, high PP mins, low SH mins, and against really weak competition. Carlyle know how to use him, Wilson didn't.

In AV's system, no way he replaces any d-man in the Canucks top 6, unless they're injured. He's not the type of d-man AV covets. If AV has to 'design' ice time for a defenseman to be successful, he'll be gone quicker than you can say Hodgson.

I wonder if Stevie Y is ready to admit Lindback was a terrible trade. His.895 SP and 3.12 GA is among the leagues worst stats for starting goalies. Add to the fact that he has an arthritic disease, the trade was a poor one. TB can't wait as they are on the playoff bubble and St. Louis and Lecav only have a couple years left.

You don't have Lidstrom Stevie, you can't get away with mediocre goaltending like the Wings did.

Nino's trade value has decreased significantly. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for a 2nd round pick. his numbers in the NHL are awful.

For those talking about Tanev: he is a true defense man. He is almost like Lidstrom (obviously not as good) but he plays that sort of way. He makes barely any mistakes!! His only fault is his shot. He often fans and it isn't very hard. Hopefully he can work on that.

Archived