Cory

#182 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:32 PM

There you go. Back to Let's trade Luongo. He's a flop. This is like a relationship where all numerous good things come to an end when one bad event occurs. Back to one.

:lol: Lol

What do you mean "Back to"

I don't recall ever changing opinions.

zackass.png

#183 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Lu has one regular season loss and now his trade value is gone? Come on guys, I don't think Gillis is all of the sudden going to feel the pressure to make a deal because of one bad game.

#184 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:36 PM

*regulation loss

#185 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

We should try to make a move though.

VAN
Petrovic
Mattias
1st
Bergeinheim/Upshall (Cap Dump)

FLA
Luongo
Ebbett
6th

zackass.png

#186 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

No - he didn't ask for a trade...he said he'd wave his no trade clause if he was asked to for the betterment of the team.

Thanks for being an anomaly in this world of six second attention span. Refreshing.

#187 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

:lol: Lol

What do you mean "Back to"

I don't recall ever changing opinions.

Yea, the trolls in his own world...

#188 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,481 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

Thanks for being an anomaly in this world of six second attention span. Refreshing.

• 00:10:14 Here is the anomaly at 1658.

• 00:10:18 And here is the anomaly at 1700.

• 00:10:22 Enough with this ''anomaly'' horsecrap!

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#189 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

We should try to make a move though.

VAN
Petrovic
Mattias
1st
Bergeinheim/Upshall (Cap Dump)

FLA
Luongo
Ebbett
6th

I'd be ok with that deal. Realistically it would be a bottom 15 pick so in the lottery which is huge. It would be a big bonus if you could somehow swap bjugstad for petrovic.

#190 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Per Bruce Garrioch: Capitals GM George McPhee is working the phones and could look to free up money by trading Troy Brouwer ($2.35 million through 2015-16), Joel Ward ($3 million through 2014-15) and Jason Chimera ($1.75 through 2013-14).

#191 HUFFY

HUFFY

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Leafs will gladly give you a bag of pucks for LU and u keep his contract,,,,,,, Kassian is a penalty box pylon!!!.......

#192 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

imo if we can acquire a right side top four defenceman + a first round pick I'd jizz myself. Then maybe move a left side defenceman + a forward for an upgrade in the top six?
Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#193 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Per Bruce Garrioch: Capitals GM George McPhee is working the phones and could look to free up money by trading Troy Brouwer ($2.35 million through 2015-16), Joel Ward ($3 million through 2014-15) and Jason Chimera ($1.75 through 2013-14).

Brouwer would be ideal. Ward if acquired at a cheap enough rate could be a guy you want during playoff time

#194 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

I'd be ok with that deal. Realistically it would be a bottom 15 pick so in the lottery which is huge. It would be a big bonus if you could somehow swap bjugstad for petrovic.

Florida isn't exactly ideal in terms of return. We may not even have to add Ebbett + 6th (although I wouldn't mind throwing a contract or 2 in)

I doubt we get Bjugstad, but Shore would be nice, although Petrovic + 1st would be great, then Mattias could replace Manny, and then Bergeinheim/Upshall as the cap dump, could see if anyone else wants them for a 6th or 7th or something of little value.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 24 February 2013 - 08:44 PM.

zackass.png

#195 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

He did request a trade. Continue to deny reality as much as you would like though I suppose.

zackass.png

#196 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:44 PM

Leafs will gladly give you a bag of pucks for LU and u keep his contract,,,,,,, Kassian is a penalty box pylon!!!.......

Your posts make King's look like poetry

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#197 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,044 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

The Canucks have zero capspace next year. While it would be nice to add Brouwer, prospects and picks are the Canucks route unless they unload salary elsewhere.

Carlson and Neuvirth
For
Lu, Sauve and Alberts

Ballard, 2nd and 3rd
For
Nino

Edited by sampy, 24 February 2013 - 09:01 PM.

#198 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,364 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

Posted Image

Subbancopy.jpg

#199 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

He did request a trade. Continue to deny reality as much as you would like though I suppose.

There is video proof of him saying he would waive his clause and be traded for the good of the team, I don't believe your statement has any proof like that but please post it for the masses if it exists , i could be wrong ,otherwise its just your opinion not based on fact.

Edited by CrippledCanuck, 24 February 2013 - 09:27 PM.

#200 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

FYI

This is the 16,463 post on the 553 page of the Luongo Trade Discussion series.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#201 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,214 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

FYI

:mellow: So how long will this thread be open for once the trade happens?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#202 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

FYI

You're in the front seat of the car, road tripping with the family; kids are in the back seat. Before the words 'Are we there yet?' come out of their mouths again you look back and tell them there's another 10 hours of driving before we get to Disneyland.

This is going to go on forever, isnt it?

#203 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yeah well its not that simple.

We were up 3-2 even though Lou, amongst others, turned in bad games in Boston. Realistically, we started the series with Kesler playing on crutches, Samuelsson gone and Manny still out. By game 6, we were also missing Rome, Hamhuis, Raymond, the Twins playing hurt, Salo unable to hold his stick, who am I missing? Some teams are cup teams because they are great teams, and some (lets call them nearly great) need a superstar to step forward, ala Crosby, Roy, Dryden...

Well our team was too broken down to expect the goals you speak of. To my mind, if we were to win, Lou had to steal us a game. Do you reckon I'm holding him to a higher standard hoping that would happen?

In my mind; doing so was fair. He held us ransom for virtually the largest goalie contract in history. On day dot; Luongo was the highest paid player in the world at $10 mill. If there was a guy it was fair to expect to be our superstar, it was Lou!

But Lou was also part of the problem, yeah scoring and other bits dried up as our match ups crumbled with injuries. In game 4 if I recall, after a forward coughed the puck, and Bieksa, then Salo both let Marchand walk around them, he flopped and Marchand scored a heartbreaking dagger. And you could see the bench drop their heads. Lou was a sieve, as much as the team around him, same in game 6 after not having his tires pumped. You could tell he was mentally out of it, and the 4 goals he let in in game 7 gave no one any hope that fighting through it would get anywhere.

The team lost, but as the highest paid player in the world, I would like to think Lou could have stole us a game in Boston...

Goaltending chokers don't bring their non-scoring team to a SCF game 7.

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 24 February 2013 - 10:28 PM.

#204 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,446 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

Buyout most likely at this rate..MG needs to trade Lu SOON.

This might actually be one of the stupidest comments in the entire Luongo trade thread saga.
Buyout, really?

hL9YqYN.jpg

#205 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Brouwer
Higgins Ott Hansen
Volpatti Lappy Kass

Hammer Juice
Edler Tanev
Garrison Ballard

Cory

Looks solid but how did we get these trades

WSH
Brouwer
Forsberg
3rd

Van
Luongo
Schreoder

Buf
Ott

Vancouver
Raymond
3rd

????

Lately I really don't see what deals there could be for any goalie. I don't see teams trading away this years 1st with such deep draft. WSH is basically out of contention and will need to go on a huge run (19-9-3) in remain 31 games to squeak into playoffs with 54 points. i don't see them trading a 1st. Goalies value sucks right now.

On top of that what does this team desperately need this year. (other than a coach....) We have an abundance of solid 3rd liners (Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, Raymond, Weise) Some better than others. Are D, on paper are solid, we already spend 23 mil. I just don't know what this team needs to go after and where the player will fit in. Should we go after pure prospects, Forsberg, Bjugstad.

The sooner we can unload Luongo the better return we will get. Teams in the summer will understand we will be pushed up against the cap and will be able to use that against us.

The Canucks have zero capspace next year. While it would be nice to add Brouwer, prospects and picks are the Canucks route unless they unload salary elsewhere.

Carlson and Neuvirth
For
Lu, Sauve and Alberts

Ballard, 2nd and 3rd
For
Nino

As much as I would like carlson I don't see WSH trading him away. This biggest problem in WSH hasn't been goaltending (hasn't been great but not the main problem) its been there D" and the amount of penalties. I don't see them filling one whole and creating another by trading away their best D this year.

I do like the grab to get nino and unload some cap space.

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 24 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#206 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,777 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

This was answered already for careful observers.

1)

Against Chicago, who both fore-checked heavily and clogged the neutral zone; we could not get up ice, because we have no puck rushing D. We spent our whole game defending not attacking because we could not gain the offensive zone and coughed it up. How many times did one of our stud left handed D muck up playing the back hand on their off side?

Compounding the question, 2 weeks ago I posted concern; what happens if Bieksa, our only right handed D with any semblance of shot and rushing the puck gets hurt? Look what happened against Detroit, without Bieksa that equation got substantially worse! I stopped counting at 10 neutral zone give away's in period 2.

Our first need is a right handed puck moving D.

2)

I also asked last week, poetically it was responded to within minutes; what happens if Hansen or Kassian goes down? Well Hansen was suspended, and Kass gave away the puck 3 times in the first period so AV benches him. Voila, we had Weise, yes Weise, playing with Higgins and Kesler.

We need a quality depth RW! (I got laughed at for proposing Boyes be the roster throw in, in an Islanders swap).

3) A big centreman!

No explanation needed.

All three have these issues have been exposed literally every time we have played quality opposition.

If all we're going to get is prospects; no reason not to wait till the off season.

Looks solid but how did we get these trades

WSH
Brouwer
Forsberg
3rd

Van
Luongo
Schreoder

Buf
Ott

Vancouver
Raymond
3rd

????

Lately I really don't see what deals there could be for any goalie. I don't see teams trading away this years 1st with such deep draft. WSH is basically out of contention and will need to go on a huge run (19-9-3) in remain 31 games to squeak into playoffs with 54 points. i don't see them trading a 1st. Goalies value sucks right now.

On top of that what does this team desperately need this year. (other than a coach....) We have an abundance of solid 3rd liners (Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, Raymond, Weise) Some better than others. Are D, on paper are solid, we already spend 23 mil. I just don't know what this team needs to go after and where the player will fit in. Should we go after pure prospects, Forsberg, Bjugstad.

The sooner we can unload Luongo the better return we will get. Teams in the summer will understand we will be pushed up against the cap and will be able to use that against us.

As much as I would like carlson I don't see WSH trading him away. This biggest problem in WSH hasn't been goaltending (hasn't been great but not the main problem) its been there D" and the amount of penalties. I don't see them filling one whole and creating another by trading away their best D this year.

I do like the grab to get nino and unload some cap space.

#207 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

This sounds like he came to an agreement with Mg. Which if he is trying to get rid of salary means mg didn't take salary back. My guess is kuznetsov and a first for Lu is on the table waiting for wsh to be able to afford it

#208 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

This sounds like he came to an agreement with Mg. Which if he is trying to get rid of salary means mg didn't take salary back. My guess is kuznetsov and a first for Lu is on the table waiting for wsh to be able to afford it

Or they're just trying to shed some salary. Washington has about 43 million tied up in only 11 players for next season, and with the cap dropping to 64.3, that gives them about 12 million to sign 12 more players..

If they can move those 3 guys, that gives them an extra 7.1 to spend.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#209 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,214 posts

I'd gladly take Brouwer off their hands

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Kesler - Kassian
Raymond - Schroeder - Brouwer
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Get'r Gillis

#210 LOL_dre

LOL_dre

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

If this is true I think GMMG should try and replace Raymond with Chimera. Chimera is more physical and would be a better fit in 3rd line checking role and being signed through next season will give Jensen some time to develop before being brought into the NHL.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.