3104 replies to this topic

#211 PLOGUE

PLOGUE

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

cmon oldnews, i think your grossly undervaluing JT here. he should be the equivelant of a norris winner in a couple years. We're talking about a guy that has a potential ceiling of best player in the league when he reaches his prime. Developed under us, he may actually reach it.

obviously that package would be hard to swallow (no homo lol) but imo getting a 22yr old john tavares would be a no brainer.

So, potential good player if he develops for a great starting goalie, a great and proven 2way forward and a first pick. This is Tavares not Crosby. I would trade that package for Stamkos. Not for Tavares. Ever.
QUOTE (ephysdad @ Oct 26 2008, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or then of course there's always the Ferry

Also,
I'm putting together a list of the criteria to be a "real" Canuck's fan. So far I have this:

1. I cheer for the Canucks, whatever happens.
2. I never say anything bad about the Canucks.
3. I know the difference between "real" fans and posers just by how they post on the CDC or where they sit at GM Place.
4. I wouldn't dream of leaving a game before it ended, even if it meant missing a train, ferry or a threesome with the wife and her hot best friend?
5. I make 10+ posts a day and I have over 10,000 posts on the CDC, so my Canuck "street-cred" is huge. Go away noob!
6. No one F's with me. I train in MMA. I'm really tough. I'll curb stomp yo' donkey.
7. I make a tonne of $$$$.
8. I'm witty.
9. If it meant missing a game, I wouldn't study for a midterm.
10. I roll with a guy who has a wicked car.
11. I like to post "source?" a lot.

#212 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 12:51 PM

This was answered already for careful observers.

1)

Against Chicago, who both fore-checked heavily and clogged the neutral zone; we could not get up ice, because we have no puck rushing D. We spent our whole game defending not attacking because we could not gain the offensive zone and coughed it up. How many times did one of our stud left handed D muck up playing the back hand on their off side?

Compounding the question, 2 weeks ago I posted concern; what happens if Bieksa, our only right handed D with any semblance of shot and rushing the puck gets hurt? Look what happened against Detroit, without Bieksa that equation got substantially worse! I stopped counting at 10 neutral zone give away's in period 2.

Our first need is a right handed puck moving D.

2)

I also asked last week, poetically it was responded to within minutes; what happens if Hansen or Kassian goes down? Well Hansen was suspended, and Kass gave away the puck 3 times in the first period so AV benches him. Voila, we had Weise, yes Weise, playing with Higgins and Kesler.

We need a quality depth RW! (I got laughed at for proposing Boyes be the roster throw in, in an Islanders swap).

3) A big centreman!

No explanation needed.

All three have these issues have been exposed literally every time we have played quality opposition.

If all we're going to get is prospects; no reason not to wait till the off season.

I have to whole heartedly agree with you on this one, Surfer. Truth is, Boyes wouldn't be a bad depth addition. We need another RW. I still prefer Brouwer because of his physicality and his cup experience, but it wouldn't be bad.

I feel this Canuck defense is coming to a crossroad. The team needs to figure this left sided issue out. I kind of feel like MG got owned by signing Garrison. Not because he isn't good, but we thought he could play the right side. He is still better than Ballard, but now we have 4 good left sided D that can play top 4 minutes. I just wish the team utelized Garrison better. If and when he is getting powerplay minutes, he isn't getting a pass. He has just been there to keep the puck in for the Sedins cycle game. Teams cheat down low because the puck isn't getting thrown back to the point as much. The Garrison point shot should be there to keep the opposing teams honest and to open up room for the Sedins. The second half of the season when Garrison played for Florida, he only scored 3 goals, because people knew to check him because if you don't, you will get burned. They didn't really have to worry about the pop gun forwards up front. Check the back end and the offense goes down. You can't do that with the Sedins though, which is supposed to make our powerplay that much more scary.

I guess the point I am trying to make is "How are we going to utilize Garrison properly?" If he isn't going to be on the powerplay, unloading the big shot, we won't be able to get away with two lesser right side defensemen. So there are a couple options:

A: do what we can to get that stud defenseman that can play on the right side with Edler. Almost certainly it would have to involve one of our goaltenders.

B: Groom Tanev to be a top 4 who rushes the puck up. Play him beside Edler and eventually he will get it. He does have the poise. Not good with him being in the bottom 2 pairing though. He is consistent and steady, but 9/10 you want your bottom 2 to be physical and hard on the opposition. So we need to decide whether to have him in the top 4 or involve him in a trade for a great right sided guy.

C: move Ballard for a right sided guy who plays physical, but is probably a lesser defenseman. This guy would play with Garrison most likely.

D: And this one will probably get alot of people antsy, but move Edler. I really wish MG moved him for Subban. Obviously would want a lil bit more coming our way, but still. He brings it every night, is physical, and has one hell of a shot!!! Garrison-Subban pairing *Drool* , I could live with that. Anyways, if we moved Edler for that stud right sided guy, whether it be Carlson, Green, Wiesnewski, Gudbranson, Brent Burns when he comes back from injury. Maybe even Eric Johnson and Tyson Barrie, if we could pull them out of Colorado, using just Edler. Highly doubtful, but any one of those combinations I would probably not lose sleep over if we could get that stud to play the right side.

#213 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

And for good measure, let's say Pierre Gauthier is scouting our goaltending. I say Chicago is willing to give up Brent Seabrook. They are doing just fine without him. Once he comes back from injury, it could be a possibility!

#214 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:11 PM

Looks solid but how did we get these trades

WSH
Brouwer
Forsberg
3rd

Van
Luongo
Schreoder

Buf
Ott

Vancouver
Raymond
3rd

????

Lately I really don't see what deals there could be for any goalie. I don't see teams trading away this years 1st with such deep draft. WSH is basically out of contention and will need to go on a huge run (19-9-3) in remain 31 games to squeak into playoffs with 54 points. i don't see them trading a 1st. Goalies value sucks right now.

On top of that what does this team desperately need this year. (other than a coach....) We have an abundance of solid 3rd liners (Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, Schroeder, Raymond, Weise) Some better than others. Are D, on paper are solid, we already spend 23 mil. I just don't know what this team needs to go after and where the player will fit in. Should we go after pure prospects, Forsberg, Bjugstad.

The sooner we can unload Luongo the better return we will get. Teams in the summer will understand we will be pushed up against the cap and will be able to use that against us.

As much as I would like carlson I don't see WSH trading him away. This biggest problem in WSH hasn't been goaltending (hasn't been great but not the main problem) its been there D" and the amount of penalties. I don't see them filling one whole and creating another by trading away their best D this year.

I do like the grab to get nino and unload some cap space.

I've been following and watching the Caps and their goaltending has been AHL calibre at best. Check out their save % and GAA, amongst the worst in the league.

#215 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,113 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

I have to whole heartedly agree with you on this one, Surfer. Truth is, Boyes wouldn't be a bad depth addition. We need another RW. I still prefer Brouwer because of his physicality and his cup experience, but it wouldn't be bad.

I feel this Canuck defense is coming to a crossroad. The team needs to figure this left sided issue out. I kind of feel like MG got owned by signing Garrison. Not because he isn't good, but we thought he could play the right side. He is still better than Ballard, but now we have 4 good left sided D that can play top 4 minutes. I just wish the team utelized Garrison better. If and when he is getting powerplay minutes, he isn't getting a pass. He has just been there to keep the puck in for the Sedins cycle game. Teams cheat down low because the puck isn't getting thrown back to the point as much. The Garrison point shot should be there to keep the opposing teams honest and to open up room for the Sedins. The second half of the season when Garrison played for Florida, he only scored 3 goals, because people knew to check him because if you don't, you will get burned. They didn't really have to worry about the pop gun forwards up front. Check the back end and the offense goes down. You can't do that with the Sedins though, which is supposed to make our powerplay that much more scary.

I guess the point I am trying to make is "How are we going to utilize Garrison properly?" If he isn't going to be on the powerplay, unloading the big shot, we won't be able to get away with two lesser right side defensemen. So there are a couple options:

A: do what we can to get that stud defenseman that can play on the right side with Edler. Almost certainly it would have to involve one of our goaltenders.

B: Groom Tanev to be a top 4 who rushes the puck up. Play him beside Edler and eventually he will get it. He does have the poise. Not good with him being in the bottom 2 pairing though. He is consistent and steady, but 9/10 you want your bottom 2 to be physical and hard on the opposition. So we need to decide whether to have him in the top 4 or involve him in a trade for a great right sided guy.

C: move Ballard for a right sided guy who plays physical, but is probably a lesser defenseman. This guy would play with Garrison most likely.

D: And this one will probably get alot of people antsy, but move Edler. I really wish MG moved him for Subban. Obviously would want a lil bit more coming our way, but still. He brings it every night, is physical, and has one hell of a shot!!! Garrison-Subban pairing *Drool* , I could live with that. Anyways, if we moved Edler for that stud right sided guy, whether it be Carlson, Green, Wiesnewski, Gudbranson, Brent Burns when he comes back from injury. Maybe even Eric Johnson and Tyson Barrie, if we could pull them out of Colorado, using just Edler. Highly doubtful, but any one of those combinations I would probably not lose sleep over if we could get that stud to play the right side.

Great post. Does Edler have a NTC? Moving Edler is a leap but in the end might be necessary. I expected a more rounded game from him this year and have yet to see it. We have all seen enough flashes of what he could be but the consistancy is lacking. It is why I sometimes wonder what coaching he is getting. His age still warrants a wait and see. The old saying of 'you have to give something to get something' might be true in this case.

#216 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Great post. Does Edler have a NTC? Moving Edler is a leap but in the end might be necessary. I expected a more rounded game from him this year and have yet to see it. We have all seen enough flashes of what he could be but the consistancy is lacking. It is why I sometimes wonder what coaching he is getting. His age still warrants a wait and see. The old saying of 'you have to give something to get something' might be true in this case.

That's what I was thinking. Edler's no trade doesn't kick in til next season. This the last year of his original contract. If he were able to adapt to the right side, I would say great! Keep him, we will do fine. We all saw that game yesterday though.... Too many defensemen playing the side they aren't comfortable with. We have 4 top 4 left sided defensemen. One of them has to go. The team needs to decide which way to go with this though.... And I hate to say it, but the most logical choice seems to be to trade Edler or one of the goalies.

#217 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

Leafs will gladly give you a bag of pucks for LU and u keep his contract,,,,,,, Kassian is a penalty box pylon!!!.......

mods- this guy is antagonizing canucks fans. a good ban candidate.

#218 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

And for good measure, let's say Pierre Gauthier is scouting our goaltending. I say Chicago is willing to give up Brent Seabrook. They are doing just fine without him. Once he comes back from injury, it could be a possibility!

what/??? what are you talking about? He hasn't missed a game all season long. So far a hes doing ok. Would love to have the Richmond boy play for us.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#219 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

I've been following and watching the Caps and their goaltending has been AHL calibre at best. Check out their save % and GAA, amongst the worst in the league.

As have I, I haven't missed watching a WSH game yet. Holby hasn't been outstanding but he hasn't been the big reason for their poor season. Actually there has been a few games when the goaltending has been quite good. The big problem is they take so many penalties. They give up atleast two 5 on 3's per game. Can't blame the goalie to much on the bang bang plays. Also the main reason for the resent string of good games is that their pk has been solid (although they've still taken to many penalties) And holby's play good too. .93 Save % and 2.25GAA in his last 4.

My Overall opinion,
Could they use a luongo upgrade? Yes they could.
Will they make a trade this year for luongo? No, they're to far down in the standings for Luongo to make a difference this year

They will stick with holby over the summer with hopes that he can once play again like he did in playoffs. Smart move? Time will tell.

Edit:
And my feelings were right, WSH just resigned him to a 2 year extenstion. 1.7-million next season and 2 million in 2014-15

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 25 February 2013 - 03:29 PM.

#220 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

That's what I was thinking. Edler's no trade doesn't kick in til next season. This the last year of his original contract. If he were able to adapt to the right side, I would say great! Keep him, we will do fine. We all saw that game yesterday though.... Too many defensemen playing the side they aren't comfortable with. We have 4 top 4 left sided defensemen. One of them has to go. The team needs to decide which way to go with this though.... And I hate to say it, but the most logical choice seems to be to trade Edler or one of the goalies.

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares

---------------------

WPG
Edler
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Ladd
Byfuglien

#221 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

what/??? what are you talking about? He hasn't missed a game all season long. So far a hes doing ok. Would love to have the Richmond boy play for us.

Uhh what Hawk vs nuck game were you watching last week?! The one I saw, he wasn't playing. He had a lower body thing. I looked it up. He's back now though.

Edited by Noseforthenet, 25 February 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#222 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

POPULAR

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares

---------------------

WPG
Edler
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Ladd
Byfuglien

:picard: :picard: :picard: I'm going to say this once, and one time only

STOP TRYING TO TRADE SCHNEIDER!! HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#223 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

:picard: :picard: :picard: I'm going to say this once, and one time only

STOP TRYING TO TRADE SCHNEIDER!! HE ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!!

LMAO, 3 :picard: s. Don't ya think that's a lil much?

Edited by Noseforthenet, 25 February 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#224 Noseforthenet

Noseforthenet

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Tavares

---------------------

WPG
Edler
Raymond
Ballard

VAN
Ladd
Byfuglien

And c'mon man. No team trades 2 big time leaders on their team in the same day, let alone the same trade, unless they are do for a culture change like Philly was. And Winnipeg isn't. They just got their team back a lil over a year and a half ago. They are going to wait and see what they have first, I imagine. That would be like us trading Kes and Burr in the same trade. Or kes and bieksa. This does deserve a :picard: !!!

Edited by Noseforthenet, 25 February 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#225 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Tsawwassen boy.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#226 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

As have I, I haven't missed watching a WSH game yet. Holby hasn't been outstanding but he hasn't been the big reason for their poor season. Actually there has been a few games when the goaltending has been quite good. The big problem is they take so many penalties. They give up atleast two 5 on 3's per game. Can't blame the goalie to much on the bang bang plays. Also the main reason for the resent string of good games is that their pk has been solid (although they've still taken to many penalties) And holby's play good too. .93 Save % and 2.25GAA in his last 4.

My Overall opinion,
Could they use a luongo upgrade? Yes they could.
Will they make a trade this year for luongo? No, they're to far down in the standings for Luongo to make a difference this year

They will stick with holby over the summer with hopes that he can once play again like he did in playoffs. Smart move? Time will tell.

Edit:
And my feelings were right, WSH just resigned him to a 2 year extenstion. 1.7-million next season and 2 million in 2014-15

Washington is too far back in the standings to make a movefor Luongo??? They are only 6 points out of a playoff spot with over 30 games left to play. To me that means they are just an Ovechkin hot streak and Luongo trade away from a playoff spot!

#227 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

Washington is too far back in the standings to make a movefor Luongo??? They are only 6 points out of a playoff spot with over 30 games left to play. To me that means they are just an Ovechkin hot streak and Luongo trade away from a playoff spot!

6 points with only 30 games left is a big hole to climb. In order to hit 54 points (likely to be what 8th place team will finish with) they'll need at least 19-9-3 record. Not totally out of it but it'll have to be a quite a run. On top of that Laich isn't even close to returning. i'm a big WSH fan and I still don't see it happening. And besides they just resigned Holtby for another 2 years.

Even if we did make a trade who would they give up? Only pieces I could see them parting with is Ward, Johansson, possibly a prospect. I don't see them getting rid of any of their decent D or Brouwer if there thinking about making a run for the playoffs, beside Ribeiro he's been one of the most consistent players for them.

Would you do a Ward, Johansson, Forsberg for a Luo and raymond?

#228 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

Umm... Yes? You say that like its a bad thing.

#229 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I would pee myself if that happened.

From the rumour a page or so back, it looks like Was is unloading cap and planning to tank. I don't think they have any interest in acquiring Luongo as it looks like they're planning a semi-rebuild.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#230 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:39 PM

Umm... Yes? You say that like its a bad thing.

Haha well for Forsberg yeah i just don't see where johansson and Ward fit in this year. We'd have to trade a Higgins, hansen, or Schroeder..

#231 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

I dont see the Leafs or Flyers being too interested at this point.

Panthers giving Markstrom a shot, if he doesnt play well, maybe they will still be in on Lu.

Washington extended Holtby, dont know what Macphee has planned.

Oilers will probably stick with Dubnyk.

Islanders are an enigma lol.

Colombus just got a new GM, who supposedly wants Bishop as his starter.

Lightning has a stubborn GM.

Dont see Sharks or Hawks interested.

Dont see Sabres giving up on Miller anytime soon.

Blues will extend Halak.

#232 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

I would pee myself if that happened.

From the rumour a page or so back, it looks like Was is unloading cap and planning to tank. I don't think they have any interest in acquiring Luongo as it looks like they're planning a semi-rebuild.

Schneider would fit perfectly in Washington...

#233 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

• James Murphy of ESPN Boston: The Bruins may be looking to add some scoring depth, a top-6 forward. Murphy lists 5 trade targets: Jarome Iginla – if GM Jay Feaster comes down on a price to say a 1st round pick and prospects. Michael Ryder – could cost a prospect or pick. Stephen Weiss – could move him to the wing and would be depth at center if an injury occurs. Ryane Clowe – Sharks GM Dough Wilson has said no one is untouchable and it may not cost the Bruins a roster player. Ruslan Fedotenko – would be valuable for the playoffs. Peter Chiarelli has scouted the Flyers 3 times in the last 10 days.
  • Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: The Red Wings and Senators are looking for a center and Panthers center Stephen Weiss is in need of a change in scenery. Jacob Markstrom is ready to get his shot as the Panthers main guy. Scott Clemmensen is under contract through next season. Jose Theodore’s deal expires at the end of this season. TSN pointed out that the Bruins aren’t deep in net.
  • Larry Brooks of the NY Post: With Brad Richards‘ early struggles and the salary cap going down from $70.2 million to $64.3 million next season, Brooks floats the idea of the amnesty buyout option of Richards for the Rangers. The Rangers currently have about $10 million in cap space for next season with 5 roster spots to fill. RFA’s include Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan and Carl Hagelin. Richards carries a $6.67 million cap hit for the next 6 years.

#234 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Haha well for Forsberg yeah i just don't see where johansson and Ward fit in this year. We'd have to trade a Higgins, hansen, or Schroeder..

Where do you get this stuff from? In the scenario you just laid out Johansson takes Schroeders spot and Schroeder goes back to the ahl , Ward takes Weise's or Volpattis spot, and you already sent Raymond the other way in your trade, no need to trade Higgins or Hansen as well.

#235 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

Where do you get this stuff from? In the scenario you just laid out Johansson takes Schroeders spot and Schroeder goes back to the ahl , Ward takes Weise's or Volpattis spot, and you already sent Raymond the other way in your trade, no need to trade Higgins or Hansen as well.

Well basically Ward, hansen and higgin are the same type of players it doesn't make sense having 3 of them, Also since ward is better than higgins and hasnen, also comes with a cost of $3 mil/per I don't think putting him on the 4th line is worth his value. Schroeder has shown he capable of playing in the NHL and I don't think is fair to send him back. higgins and hasnen aren't 4th line players.

But Johansson can play wing like he did with ovi and backstrom last year so I could see him on the 2nd line with booth and kes.

Even still it's not worth the talk since washington isn't trading for luongo. They just resigned holtby and look like they are putting their faith in him.

Schneider would fit perfectly in Washington...

No, Schneider fits perfectly in Vancouver

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat, 25 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

#236 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

• James Murphy of ESPN Boston: The Bruins may be looking to add some scoring depth, a top-6 forward. Murphy lists 5 trade targets: Jarome Iginla – if GM Jay Feaster comes down on a price to say a 1st round pick and prospects. Michael Ryder – could cost a prospect or pick. Stephen Weiss – could move him to the wing and would be depth at center if an injury occurs. Ryane Clowe – Sharks GM Dough Wilson has said no one is untouchable and it may not cost the Bruins a roster player. Ruslan Fedotenko – would be valuable for the playoffs. Peter Chiarelli has scouted the Flyers 3 times in the last 10 days.
  • Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel: The Red Wings and Senators are looking for a center and Panthers center Stephen Weiss is in need of a change in scenery. Jacob Markstrom is ready to get his shot as the Panthers main guy. Scott Clemmensen is under contract through next season. Jose Theodore’s deal expires at the end of this season. TSN pointed out that the Bruins aren’t deep in net.
  • Larry Brooks of the NY Post: With Brad Richards‘ early struggles and the salary cap going down from $70.2 million to $64.3 million next season, Brooks floats the idea of the amnesty buyout option of Richards for the Rangers. The Rangers currently have about $10 million in cap space for next season with 5 roster spots to fill. RFA’s include Ryan McDonagh, Derek Stepan and Carl Hagelin. Richards carries a $6.67 million cap hit for the next 6 years.

So. Contrary to CDC believing Boston is fine in net, TSN (not as reputable as CDC when inconvenient but very reputable otherwise, especially concerning Luongo), claims Boston isn't deep in net.

BOS
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Lucic
Seguin

#237 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

So. Contrary to CDC believing Boston is fine in net, TSN (not as reputable as CDC when inconvenient but very reputable otherwise, especially concerning Luongo), claims Boston isn't deep in net.

BOS
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Lucic
Seguin

If I use the language I want to use, I'd get in trouble. So I'll just say this

Why in the name of the Hockey Gods would Kesler waive his NTC to go to Boston????????

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#238 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

I dont see the Leafs or Flyers being too interested at this point.
- Leafs aren't desperate enough at this point to give up the assets required but could be if they slide over the next month. Philly's still on the wrong side of a playoff spot, and they've been riding Bryz and hoping he can handle it so they may find themselves in a bad spot if it doesn't work out.

Panthers giving Markstrom a shot, if he doesnt play well, maybe they will still be in on Lu.
- Markstrom has already been sent back to the AHL. He was decent in two losses but they have a few players coming back from injury soon and need the roster spots taken up by three goalies. They're back to Theodore and Clemmensen.

Washington extended Holtby, dont know what Macphee has planned.
- Neuvirth is still unsigned beyond this summer, but an RFA so no rush there. If they want to retool, they have options on bigger salaries that aren't helping them in exchange for others that would. Not so sure that'd help us unless in separate deals though.

Oilers will probably stick with Dubnyk.
- Probably will, but they were expected too before anyway. It was only if he collapsed that they'd look at another option, especially one within their division.

Islanders are an enigma lol.
- They have too many roadblocks to have ever been much of a match for a Luongo deal.

Colombus just got a new GM, who supposedly wants Bishop as his starter.
- They'll look for a cheaper option who doesn't have the ability to block a deal there. They're evaluating what they have anyway and may not make changes until after the season.

Lightning has a stubborn GM.
- They're in a playoff spot right now, and if they can put it together, it might have been a decent gamble. The trade deadline might yield a different story though if their offence isn't enough.

Dont see Sharks or Hawks interested.
- Hawks always would have been a tough sell, same with Sharks. Even less reason for the Hawks now, but if San Jose feels they can improve and are willing to offer something that would improve us, then there's a chance.

Dont see Sabres giving up on Miller anytime soon.
- They have more issues than Miller, and I'm not sure what they'd be willing to give up that we'd want even if they did want to deal.

Blues will extend Halak.
- Another team I don't think was ever very likely. Elliot hasn't been good but Allen is another option so they aren't going to give up assets.

Other than that, it depends on what deals happen that might change the likelihood of Luongo fitting somewhere, or a significant deal being offered for Schneider. There are still options, but no rush either.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#239 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,571 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

BOS
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Lucic
Seguin

Why the hell would Boston want to trade with us? Their starter position isn't an issue, but a more capable backup might be. They aren't going to want either Luongo or Schneider for what it'd cost to get them and would be better off getting a goalie elsewhere.

Seriously, stop trolling every Luongo suggestion with a alternate Schneider trade. It's a Luongo discussion thread, so unless you have something to support a Schneider deal (like a reason why it'd even be plausible), don't bother replying.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#240 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

BOS
Kesler
Schneider
1st

VAN
Lucic
Seguin

Please stop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.