3104 replies to this topic

#2431 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

For fun, calculate Lou's stats minus the Detroit game.

I for one don;t think Lou played that badly in that game, and got burned for 8 , often wierd goals. On the other hand I think he was terrible vs Nashville and only gave up 4 goals. Its often not how many but how the goals were scored that is the issue.

#2432 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

lets take out all games where Lou hasn't had a save %less that .922 and then he'll be better than schnieds!

hahahahah

omfg

give it a rest
you're over-reacting.
two posters were talking about Schneider and Luongo's numbers their two worst games aside.
so I did the math.
I'm am and always have been of the opinion that the Canucks should keep Cory - and have no intention of trying to make Luongo look as good or better than Schneider.

#2433 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:22 PM

You are hilarious... really entertaining... you are clearly the oblivious one about hockey...

Welcome back King.

#2434 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:16 PM

give it a rest
you're over-reacting.
two posters were talking about Schneider and Luongo's numbers their two worst games aside.
so I did the math.
I'm am and always have been of the opinion that the Canucks should keep Cory - and have no intention of trying to make Luongo look as good or better than Schneider.

It is a given that you have no intention in trying to make Luongo look as good or better than Schneider. That is a known fact.

#2435 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

It is a given that you have no intention in trying to make Luongo look as good or better than Schneider. That is a known fact.

I would if I could - I just can't. :bigblush:

Btw - you are a very sensitive guy, 101, almost to a fault - and, like King, have a knack for dramatics, taking things out of context.

Fyi - I wrote a blog about Luo quite a while ago/last summer - "the Real Deal: RL" - on this site - if you care, read it - you'll see that I hardly lack any regard for Luo.

And I do respect your utterly single-minded mission to support and defend him - I just can't take it as far as you.

Edited by oldnews, 21 March 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#2436 Claiborne55

Claiborne55

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Welcome back King.

Is this your attempt at deflection... calling me King... am I your King?

You can be my 'Joker' then. cause you are Hilarious. LOL Is this your way of dealing with your issues with some Boogieman from your past.

You are a Massive Blowhard who is oblivious to how wrong you are on so many levels. Try and stick to hockey with your 'guesses'... don't blow so hard... and try to do better than your Kadri 'assessment'/GUESS.

#2437 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,332 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

You can be my 'Joker' then. cause you are Hilarious. LOL Is this your way of dealing with your issues with some Boogieman from your past.

You are a Massive Blowhard who is oblivious to how wrong you are on so many levels. Try and stick to hockey with your 'guesses'... don't blow so hard... and try to do better than your Kadri 'assessment'/GUESS.

Have you considered that he just doesn't find you the most valued poster here after your less than one month of experience?

Because that was my guess.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2438 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Deflection? The ironing.

Your last post didn't have a single reference to what the discussion was actually regarding - Grabovski.

Given your unwillingness to engage in the points / inability to grasp the points made regarding Grabovski...what's the point taking the time to continue to "discuss" anything else with you, let alone take anything you have to say very seriously.

It was pure deflection - and yet here you are - ala King - back to claim "deflection".

Your rants are void of actual hockey discussion - ie. a waste of time.

Edited by oldnews, 21 March 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#2439 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,543 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

I've lost hope 100% that either goalie will be traded for any cavalry by the deadline. We're doomed.... Gillis should have traded Cory the past two years when teams needed him and could have won us a cup. Now our hands are tied... too many goalies available now.

Don't lose hope.

Luongo is clearly the best goalie out there, Bishop and Bernier are unproven, and aren't an improvement on what teams like Toronto and Washington have.

And Miller sucks, Luongo is way better.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 21 March 2013 - 06:55 PM.

zackass.png

#2440 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

[size=4]

Don't lose hope.

Luongo is clearly the best goalie out there, Bishop and Bernier are unproven, and aren't an improvement on what teams like Toronto and Washington have.

I've always liked Miller, very good goalie however his attitude is horrid so I would rather pickup Luongo.

#2441 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:52 PM

[size=4]

Don't lose hope.

But, but Kypreos is saying the Leafs are looking at Kipper.... :shock: :sadno: :picard: :bigblush: :lol: :P :ph34r: :rolleyes:

anyhow, attago SK.

#2442 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

That's what happens when people try and discuss things ad naseum with others that clearly aren't changing their minds. If it's not one thing, it's another. I go away from teh thread for half a day and it's 3 pages of the same thing (Grabs is good, no he's not, yes he is, no he isn't...).

Imagine that. Speculation about a Luongo/Grabovski centered deal, and the next thing you know, idiots here are discussing whether Grabovski is good enough or not, some think he is, some think he isn't...
Pffft.
I expected so much more of CDC.

#2443 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

Post from overseas...everything happening to the canucks seems so strange from here.

I think Gillis should stick to his request for 3C and a top prospect.

Bozak and Biggs

3C and Bjugstad

Bailey and good prospect

Brouwer and Kuznetsov

for Lu and a second or a third.

Go Canucks Go

#2444 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:43 PM

Post from overseas...everything happening to the canucks seems so strange from here.

I think Gillis should stick to his request for 3C and a top prospect.

Bozak and Biggs

3C and Bjugstad

Bailey and good prospect

Brouwer and Kuznetsov

for Lu and a second or a third.

Go Canucks Go

It's better to say nothing.

#2445 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 16,406 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:58 PM

do we need to remind you this is a thread to discuss Luongo trade possibilities?

would one of your proposals be better? :rolleyes:

Edited by oldnews, 21 March 2013 - 09:13 PM.

#2446 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Take your own advice.. Sometime in the next 2 weeks just about everybody except apollo is going to be slamming you with "I told you so's"

#2447 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,214 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

You? Giving advice on proposals??? :lol: I've seen it all now

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2448 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,543 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

CH101 is right.

Schneider for Bjugstad 1 for 1 is better than any of those proposals ILB threw out.

Both valuewise and for Florida. Since all they have coming up for the long haul is that scrub Jacob Markstrom. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 21 March 2013 - 11:30 PM.

zackass.png

#2449 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

do we need to remind you this is a thread to discuss Luongo trade possibilities?

would one of your proposals be better? :rolleyes:

Dear god no, please no.
If I read another one of this guys proposals I think my brain will melt.

Posted Image

#2450 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,543 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:14 AM

I know the idea has already been throw around alot.

But at this point, if Toronto is on board. I think we should really just except something like Grabovski + Scrivens + 2nd/3rd/Lower Prospect

Even without a reduced salary, we will be able to make it work just fine next year.

zackass.png

#2451 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,214 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

But at this point, if Toronto is on board. I think we should really just except something like Grabovski + Scrivens + 2nd/3rd/Lower Prospect

Even without a reduced salary, we will be able to make it work just fine next year.

At this point that would be the best deal value-wise IMO. Unless we can get a Frans Nielsen package from the Islanders and Luongo is willing to waive for Long Island.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2452 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,543 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:29 AM

At this point that would be the best deal value-wise IMO. Unless we can get a Frans Nielsen package from the Islanders and Luongo is willing to waive for Long Island.

Yeah same.

It's not even an issue next year IMO.

We will have 7.18 in cap space with this depth chart: (If we move/buyout Ballard)

Daniel / Henrik / Burrows
Booth / Kesler / Hansen
_____ / Grabovski / Kassian
_____ / _____ / _____

Hamhuis / Bieksa
Edler / Garrison
____ / ____

Schneider
Lack

Then we still have Jensen who might be able to make the team, and he is on an ELC worth 894k (0.894) on the cap.

So we will have 7.18 to Re-sign Tanev and Schroeder as RFA's, both who will be able to contribute to the roster next year, and that will fill our 3rd line and half our bottom pair. I imagine in total that will only cost about 2-3 Million.

To that would leave us with 4-5 Million to get a 3 4th line players under, 1 bottom pair defenseman under, and then Depth.

I think we will manage just fine.

zackass.png

#2453 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:14 AM

Yeah same.

It's not even an issue next year IMO.

We will have 7.18 in cap space with this depth chart: (If we move/buyout Ballard)

Daniel / Henrik / Burrows
Booth / Kesler / Hansen
_____ / Grabovski / Kassian
_____ / _____ / _____

Hamhuis / Bieksa
Edler / Garrison
____ / ____

Schneider
Lack

Then we still have Jensen who might be able to make the team, and he is on an ELC worth 894k (0.894) on the cap.

So we will have 7.18 to Re-sign Tanev and Schroeder as RFA's, both who will be able to contribute to the roster next year, and that will fill our 3rd line and half our bottom pair. I imagine in total that will only cost about 2-3 Million.

To that would leave us with 4-5 Million to get a 3 4th line players under, 1 bottom pair defenseman under, and then Depth.

I think we will manage just fine.

I think booth may have to go to bring a little more balance. I'd almost be inclined to trade him or buy him out and resign Raymond for cheaper. Mayray at 3 gives us a little more flexibility.

#2454 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,386 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

How amusing. If 'old news' is a Massive Blowhard, I have to conclude that you are a 'run of the mill' blowhard. So busy getting your BS out that you fail to actually think about what you are saying!

#2455 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

You are hilarious... really entertaining... you are clearly the oblivious one about hockey... oblivious to even your own predictions and assessments of hockey players... little thing called a search can expose your adolescent 'knowledge' about hockey... Remember a kid named Kadri... LOL
You can go and try in vain to spin the stats any way you want.... You're wrong.
Your assessment...

"Why would the Canucks need this undersized, soft kid who simply doesn't work hard? Where would Kadri fit in the lineup? He's the antithesis of a third line center, and with all due respect, is he top 6 material? The Canucks have a speedy, skilled, two way guy in Schroeder, with far more grit, who I certainly would not give the Leafs one for one for Kadri, and a pair of 1st and 2nd round draft picks at center just acquired in this year's draft, who fit the bill much better in terms of the types of players the Canucks need in the near future.
A serious no thanks on Kadri. Kyle Wellwood would probably be a better option haha.
Some of the same people here complaining (endlessly) about Gillis, proposing to waste Luongo on these kinds of assets.
Thank gawd Gillis is the guy making this deal."
Thank Gawd they only let you near a keyboard.

and thank God they keep booting you out of the forum !!

#2456 Goal:thecup

Goal:thecup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:29 AM

So, even with the GM's meeting, there are no trades...

I guess the lower cap next year has most GMs looking to dump salary.

Gillis said he had a deal (or offers) but they wanted him to take salary back, which he was not prepared to do.

Pending UFAs, ELCs, and other low cap-hit players are becoming much more valuable and teams are more reluctant to let them go.

So I think at this point, we may be looking for a trading partner that is out of the playoffs, near the cap floor, can absorb Luongo's contract, and does not need to stick us with an expensive contract coming back.

For the return for Luongo, we can absorb a pick and a prospect, but the roster player would ideally be help now at a great contract or a pending UFA that we could let go.

I am getting more and more resigned to the idea that we are keeping both goalies for this year's playoffs.

(Off topic: Clairborne55 has been outed as King of the ES; why has he not yet been banned?)

#2457 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:09 AM

How 'bout Grabs + Franson + 2nd/3rd/lower prospect? Then trade Ballard or Alberts for a backup. Sure would be nice to get a righty on D.

#2458 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

So, even with the GM's meeting, there are no trades...

I guess the lower cap next year has most GMs looking to dump salary.

Gillis said he had a deal (or offers) but they wanted him to take salary back, which he was not prepared to do.

Pending UFAs, ELCs, and other low cap-hit players are becoming much more valuable and teams are more reluctant to let them go.

So I think at this point, we may be looking for a trading partner that is out of the playoffs, near the cap floor, can absorb Luongo's contract, and does not need to stick us with an expensive contract coming back.

For the return for Luongo, we can absorb a pick and a prospect, but the roster player would ideally be help now at a great contract or a pending UFA that we could let go.

I am getting more and more resigned to the idea that we are keeping both goalies for this year's playoffs.

(Off topic: Clairborne55 has been outed as King of the ES; why has he not yet been banned?)

Bottom teams are either rebuilding teams or teams that ought to start a rebuilding process. Therefore, Luongo serves not their need in the least while they most likely salivate at the prospect of acquiring Schneider.

Frankly, I would rather have a true and tested Luongo signed long term at $5.300 MIL than a short termed contract at a mere $1.300 MIL less while also unproven in both the regular season at 80% playing time and the playoffs.

#2459 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

Luongo
Rodin

for

Franson
Bozak
2nd

#2460 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,260 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

Luongo
Rodin

for

Franson
Bozak
2nd

Don't think they would trade 2 regulars out of the lineup. They're playing well but don't want to disrupt too much to get a goalie. I could see one roster player and a first or good prospect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.