The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

I think the Getzlaf signing helps the Canucks out with Luongo's contract. It definitely makes it more affordable and doesn't look so bad. If Brodeur can make $4.5mill for the next 2 years at age 40 and 41, why can't Luongo?

I think Gillis is thinking the same way. The media and other Gms are devaluing Lu and Gillis knows his contract isn't that bad.

If you want to talk about untradeable contracts lets look at some,

Ovechkin $9.5mill until 2021

Lecavalier $7.7mill until 2020

those are to name a couple that are obvious.

The only thing is the value of a goalie isn't a price we set. It is determined by the goalie market & right now the market is saying Luongo or Cory are not worth the asking price. This may change as trade deadline comes closer but I highly doubt it. Supply and demand. When the demand for a #1 goalie is low the price teams are willing to pay drops. Either Gillis lowers his asking price and takes an under valued return or he holds on to both goalies and hopes market changes in the future.

How about, for fun, we figure out some trade possibilities for teams we have not yet considered?

Was, Fla, Tor, Phi, Tam, St Louis.... these have all been done to death. How about Detroit?

Lou, Booth, 2nd for Filpulla, Howard, White, Nyquist?

if Philly wanted to trade Bryzgalov and make it more appeasing and cheaper then them buying him out all they need to do is eat say 2m cap hit per year.

Yes 2m is alot but say they trade bryzgalov to a team and that team only has to pay him 3.6m thats alot more appealing potentially.

then you go one step further and say philly acquires schneider, then their cap hit would be 4m for schneider, 2m towards bryz and say 1m for a backup. Thats 7m a year in goaltending, not too bad when you think of it.

Archived