The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 6.0

After watching last nights game it made me want a guy like Dubinsky more. He's the kind of guy you win with in the playoffs. I know he's $4mill but he'll be well worth it come playoff time.

The whole goalie trade would be better served getting a Brierre, Simmonds type package.

The only that scares me with the Canucks is that we don't have anyone other than the twins with magic hands. We need a skill full type of a guy. Brierre would be nice with the kind of hands he has but his contract would kill us. We need a sniper type of player. The Canucks don't seem to have anything like that coming up in the system. Hodgson was the closest thing to it we had.

After watching last nights game it made me want a guy like Dubinsky more. He's the kind of guy you win with in the playoffs. I know he's $4mill but he'll be well worth it come playoff time.

The whole goalie trade would be better served getting a Brierre, Simmonds type package.

The only that scares me with the Canucks is that we don't have anyone other than the twins with magic hands. We need a skill full type of a guy. Brierre would be nice with the kind of hands he has but his contract would kill us. We need a sniper type of player. The Canucks don't seem to have anything like that coming up in the system. Hodgson was the closest thing to it we had.

Lololol if mg listened to the idiots on this forum and traded luongo we would be chilling with the flames at the bottom of the west.

Thumbs up to all u who want this guy out of town! Guess you got tired of winning so many games the past few years and want to see a losing team? Bring back cloutier!

Lololol if mg listened to the idiots on this forum and traded luongo we would be chilling with the flames at the bottom of the west.

Thumbs up to all u who want this guy out of town! Guess you got tired of winning so many games the past few years and want to see a losing team? Bring back cloutier!

Luongo for Carlson and neuvirth

Then

Edler Raymond for couturier talbot 1st

Depth at centre -check

RH defense -check

Future star centre and new 3c -check

Cheap long term lappy replacement -check

Ditch a ufa for value-check

1st rounder in deep draft-check

Major shake up complete

Sedin sedin burrows

Booth kesler kassian

Higgins couturier Hansen

Lapierre talbot weise

Tito

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Carlson

Ballard tanev

Alberts barker

Schneider

Neuvirth

Then

Depth at centre -check

RH defense -check

Major shake up complete

Sedin sedin burrows

Booth kesler kassian

Higgins couturier Hansen

Lapierre talbot weise

Tito

Hamhuis Bieksa

Garrison Carlson

Ballard tanev

Alberts barker

Schneider

Neuvirth

@merci

I don't think so.. They know to get a star defenseman they're going to have to pay up. If edler is on the market, it's a bidding war. Philly is willing to pay up to get what they want.

Carlson and neuvirth for luongo is about fair value but I would be willing to add to it if the Philly deal is a go. Probably not a first but a 2nd. If we throw in a first we get galeiv.

Or how bout

Luongo first schroeder for Carlson Forsberg neuvirth

Couturier takes schroeders spot anyways

Forsberg is a LW. Our weakest prospect position.

if we are in an actual window... when healthy...

we need a return this year cause we have a chance still. a trade in the summer is for next year - obviously - which would make 2 years in a row the GM makes trades that aren't directly involved in the current year to help win a cup.

If we don't make the deal by the deadline, it's because the management doesn't believe in the team this year (or in Schneider).

I would even be happy with a bunch of young players who "might" play and help us...

Then

Depth at centre -check

RH defense -check

Major shake up complete

Sedin sedin burrows

Booth kesler kassian