3104 replies to this topic

#2521 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Kesler on his game is more effective than either of these guy's hands down. Faster, better defensively and as good offensively and physically.

Richards and Carter's Stanley Cup rings say hi.

#2522 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:20 PM

Lol. So by your logic Adam Burish is better than Henrik Sedin?

A healthy, on his game Kesler > Richards & Carter

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#2523 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,157 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Kesler is not better than Richards, and is certainly not better than Carter

Yes he is. Better than both.

:sadno: By this logic.

Christobal Huet >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Roberto Luongo

zackass.png

#2524 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,948 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Posted Image
not his strong suit...

Edited by oldnews, 23 March 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#2525 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

Lol. So by your logic Adam Burish is better than Henrik Sedin?

A healthy, on his game Kesler > Richards & Carter

Kessler hasn't been on his game for more than two years...

#2526 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:39 PM

POPULAR

Kessler hasn't been on his game for more than two years...

You try playing after coming off hip, ankle, and shoulder surguries all within a span of two years

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

#2527 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

You try playing after coming off hip, ankle, and shoulder surguries all within a span of two years

Heartfelt...
The ice is a hard surface unlike a pool...
Maybe it's time to part ways...

Edited by Canucks_Hockey_101, 23 March 2013 - 03:28 PM.

#2528 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 03:52 PM

Heartfelt...

For the right price, any day, but those trades don't come around too often. We are in a window of cup contention that would close very quickly by offloading Kesler for a piece that isn't yet ready. To get a piece that is ready we would be making either a lateral move, or a forward for defenseman swap. We don't need to upgrade defense like we need offense. Kesler, although valuable, doesn't likely get us THE piece that we need. Goaltending is what we will trade for offense.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2529 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:01 PM

For the right price, any day, but those trades don't come around too often. We are in a window of cup contention that would close very quickly by offloading Kesler for a piece that isn't yet ready. To get a piece that is ready we would be making either a lateral move, or a forward for defenseman swap. We don't need to upgrade defense like we need offense. Kesler, although valuable, doesn't likely get us THE piece that we need. Goaltending is what we will trade for offense.

I'd rather bring in a vet like Jagr or Iggy to teach Mr. Kesler what it means to be a superstar and a leader and what it takes. When he is healthy and focussed he brings many things few can. When he was building his name, he played with the heart of Linden and Smyl. Along the way, his ego got in the way.

A player like those mentioned could teach him a thing or two about removing that chip off his shoulder. We also have no depth at center and giving him away would be silly.

There is alot in him, he just needs to check his ego at the door and WANT to be a great player, vs thinking he is already there.

Bring in Iggy and he'll learn

#2530 Hobbes71

Hobbes71

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

well here is my thoughts, take them for what they are worth.

Keep Lu

Trade Cory + draft pick or two + a prospect for Yagr

Call up Lack to be Lu's Backup.

Yagr would provide so much to the Canucks that cannot be measured in $$$. Calling up Lack gives the canucks a decent backup to support the mighty Lu.

Any trade idea that would include Kesler or Raymond will not happen this season or next. MG has already stated that the Canucks are commited to these two players. So you might as well get that idea outa your heads now. It will not happen.

Van gets Yagr, they could put him on the 1st line with the sedins which would be an unstoppable combonation. If they put him on the 2nd line to start with he would seriously increase the effectiveness of that line before they move him to the 1st line with the sedins.

Yes i know Yagr is now on his career twighlight. But do not count him out yet, he is a active plaing ledgend and still has a few good years left in the league, and what he could bring to the canucks as i said cannot be measured in $$$. It would be a cap hit i would jump at with both feet.

#2531 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Keep Lu

Yagr would provide so much to the Canucks that cannot be measured in $$$. Calling up Lack gives the canucks a decent backup to support the mighty Lu.

Any trade idea that would include Kesler or Raymond will not happen this season or next. MG has already stated that the Canucks are commited to these two players. So you might as well get that idea outa your heads now. It will not happen.

Van gets Yagr, they could put him on the 1st line with the sedins which would be an unstoppable combonation. If they put him on the 2nd line to start with he would seriously increase the effectiveness of that line before they move him to the 1st line with the sedins.

Yes i know Yagr is now on his career twighlight. But do not count him out yet, he is a active plaing ledgend and still has a few good years left in the league, and what he could bring to the canucks as i said cannot be measured in $$$. It would be a cap hit i would jump at with both feet.

You can't be serious...

#2532 Hobbes71

Hobbes71

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

You can't be serious...

what? is your prblem with the fact i suggest trading cory instead of lu? or the fact i recommend tradign for Yagr?

#2533 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:18 PM

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
2X 1st

VAN
Tavares

#2534 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,750 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

Keep Lu

Hahahahahaha, this is the funniest thing I've heard since 101 made his last proposal.

Edit: Oh look at that, there's one right above me, and it's hilarious!! Hahahaha. There is less than 0% chance that NYI will trade Tavares. LESS THAT 0%!!

Edited by WiDeN, 23 March 2013 - 04:24 PM.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#2535 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:29 PM

what? is your prblem with the fact i suggest trading cory instead of lu? or the fact i recommend tradign for Yagr?

Your proposing this

To Vancouver: Jaromir Jagr*

To Dallas: Cory Schneider, 2 prospects and a pick

I don't know how you don't see how bad that trade is. Actually, bad is an understatement, absolutely horrific is more like it.

#2536 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Little trollin'Hater's-FANTASY!

Idiotic posts-including the lame Tavares-deal!

#2537 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,873 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

staying healthy is just as big a part of the game as anything. Gretzky is the most dominant player of all time, but had Bobby Orr or Mario been able to stay healthy, perhaps they give Gretz a run, but they couldn't, so they aren't in his class. When he's healtly and on his game Kes probably is in the same breath as Carter and Richards, but the fact is, he can't stay healthy, so he can't compare to those two. Kesler is also a selfish player, often to the detriment of his linemates, something you certainly can't say about Richards and to an extent Carter

#2538 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:44 PM

NYI
Kesler
Schneider
2X 1st

VAN
Tavares

Hey Brown Eyes, Schneider says HI !!!! Canucks 1 LA 0, The technicality of Goaltending !!!!

#2539 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,577 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

:rolleyes: Gosh; where to start; how about Yagr; who is this fish we want to catch? :rolleyes:

Jagr on the other hand, he of the certain first ballot HHOF upcoming nomination is, as I think you alluded, at the twilight of his career. Think bidding war a a free agent and 43 year old Jagr commanded only $2. something mill last year, $3. something this year (to go to an ordinary team). He's 43, and wont command any record haul of prospects, picks and budding young talent.

2knd is Dallas's needs? Should Dallas need a goalie, which they don't, THEY would be paying Jagr, a prospect and maybe a pick for Schneider who is looking like a lock all star goalie, on a reasonable contract, coming into the prime of his career. What they would ask is a first, or a Chris Tanev (which we cannot afford to give but is the right value) and probably will settle for a second or a young player like Tanev from another team who has more surplus.

Jagr can help us, but no way in hell we're coughing up the pay you suggest.

Keep Lu

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 23 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#2540 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,178 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Heartfelt...

The only guy were parting ways with has his name in the title of this thread.. You might wanna stock up on tissue for the beginning of april.

#2541 RockNroLLa.

RockNroLLa.

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

Keep Lu

:picard: :picard: :picard:

#2542 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

:picard: :picard: :picard:

Kunstruhhhhktiv...

#2543 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:03 PM

FLA
Luongo
Ballard
Tanev
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
Versteeg
Bjudgstad

Current and future, scoring and defense.

#2544 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

FLA
Luongo
Ballard
Tanev
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
Versteeg
Bjudgstad

Sucks losing Tanev and 1st with Lu but you got to give to receive I guess

#2545 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,926 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

FLA
Luongo
Ballard
Tanev
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
Versteeg
Bjudgstad

How many times does this have to be said: ERIK GUDBRANSON IS UNTOUCHABLE. And Versteeg is injured for the rest of the year so essentially its Luongo, Ballard, Tanev and a 1st for a prospect without a contract.

Once again, stop making proposals

#2546 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

Obviously Schneider is our future, he is staying put! I don't know why but the only teams I see Luongo going are Philli and Tampa, don't ask me why, just a gut feeling.

#2547 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Keep Lu

I feel bad for all the crap you're getting, but let's put this into perspective.

Trading a elite-potential goalie with at least 8 years of good goaltending left, AND a draft pick (which could be anyone, possibly a great player in the future) AND a prospect who will play for us in the future, for a highly-skilled, future-HOF, near-retirement player.

Love the ambition, but no.

#2548 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,948 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

FLA
Luongo
Ballard
Tanev
1st

VAN
Gudbranson
Versteeg
Bjudgstad

How many times does this have to be said: ERIK GUDBRANSON IS UNTOUCHABLE. And Versteeg is injured for the rest of the year so essentially its Luongo, Ballard, Tanev and a 1st for a prospect without a contract.

Once again, stop making proposals

I'm not going to be quite so hard on 101 on this one.
He has quite notably made a Luongo proposal - I'm not sure I've seen one from 101 before. I can sympathize - 101 is probably the most staunch defender of keeping Luo, but it's hard to watch Schneider do his thing and not be at least somewhat won over eventually. Once again, he is showing what he has shown the last two years - absolutely elite potential. .929, .937, and now .920 (or .929 since game shaking off the rust in game 1...). Unlike some people who I think are far too hard on Luongo and underestimate how good he is, I think it's no small feat to compete with him, let alon wrestle the #1 spot away.
What Luo said about Cory after the playoffs last year was sheer class - and once again when asked if he was starting against LA, as John G quoted Luo - 'are you crazy, Cory is on fire.' No shame for Luo in having Schneider command the kind of role he has.

I don't think that proposal is viable for a few reasons. Florida can't take over 10 million in salary - I don't see them as a potential trade partner who could include Ballard in a deal. As mentioned, Versteeg is out for the season ( I wouldn't be interested regardless), and I'd be highly reluctant to move Tanev, particularly if Ballard were included, but I don't think the player value is terribly off otherwise - if Versteeg were healthy, Tanev were removed, and Florida not a tight budget team, the deal's not that bad.
And Luo gets what he seems to want, which under the circumstances would be a nice result.
I still think Florida is a possibility but I think Gillis would have to make concessions where taking salary is concerned, and limit the expectations of elite young players in return - under the circumstances, there's not a great deal of incentive for Florida to move quickly.

#2549 WolfxHaley

WolfxHaley

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:36 AM

Kunstruhhhhktiv...

Honestly, his facepalm responses are probably more constructive and even more thought out then your proposals you spew out on a regular basis.

Posted Image

#2550 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Lu: Traded by the trade deadline or not?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.