goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

I am not.

His team played, he did not dress.

Hmm I would guess NYI in terms that they have a ton of pieces that could be moved but they would be most likely be looking for a goalie in return and it sounds like you are saying Lu isn't part of this...

Edited by goblix, 29 March 2013 - 10:17 AM.

#2912 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

I believe Taj got this from Botchford's article

Taj44 "TO offering 2nd round pick and C prospect.. Canucks want Bozak, B prospect and pick. Deal is there if they can put egos aside. Big IF though"

Any idea's who the C prospect is and any idea who a B prospect could be?

#2913 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Luongo for Gardiner 2nd

Then

Gardiner Kconn 1st for Yakupov

Pretty good package for Edmonton to consider trading with a division rival

#2914 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

Taj44 "TO offering 2nd round pick and C prospect.. Canucks want Bozak, B prospect and pick. Deal is there if they can put egos aside. Big IF though"

I would guess the B prospect is Frattin and the C is Colbourne.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2915 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

@DarrenDreger: Sources say Vancouver reached out to Toronto this week to revisit Loungo talks.Flames hoping for a better read on Kipper's future this wknd.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2916 BertuzziJr 2.0

BertuzziJr 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

I would guess the B prospect is Frattin and the C is Colbourne.

I'd do Frattin and a 2nd. Colbourne and a 2nd I would be a bit more reluctant

#2917 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,729 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

I'm not a fan of Colbourne, personally. I've seen him play a half dozen times in the AHL and he has never impressed me or stood out. He may wind up never getting above the 3rd line, if that.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#2918 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

What about Biggs and a 2nd?

Posted Image

#2919 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Double post...

Edited by Lonny_Bohonos_14, 29 March 2013 - 11:36 AM.

Posted Image

#2920 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

So by the sounds of it mg is giving away an elite goalie with a fantastic cap hit away for a third liner at best, a prospect that will never play in the NHL and a 2nd round pick that he'll ultimately use on a terrible prospect
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my book. Go Canucks Go!
Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#2921 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,639 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:39 AM

If Canucks wanted only Frattin and a 2nd, this deal would be done already. Frattins a healthy scratch, and a guy in the doghouse. If he isn't scoring, he isn't doing anything else. It's going to be tough to deal with the leafs because everyone is overachieving.

Bozak, a 2nd, and a prospect is a terrible deal for Luongo. I'm sure there was a better offer during summer but Gillis probably blew it.

Edited by Rey, 29 March 2013 - 11:42 AM.

#2922 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

So by the sounds of it mg is giving away an elite goalie with a fantastic cap hit away for a third liner at best, a prospect that will never play in the NHL and a 2nd round pick that he'll ultimately use on a terrible prospect

No trade as yet so why project your bullst into something nobody including you know nothing about.

#2923 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Watch the next leafs game, bozak is actually pretty good. I used to hate on him too untill I payed attention to him. I don't know why the leafs don't want to resign him, personally. He looks like a pretty good second liner IMO. Not a 1b like kesler but a decent one like old Morrison.

Frattin is pretty good too, of all there prospects that aren't Rielly or their untouchables, he is probably the safest bet to become a good NHLer.

Bozak frattin and a 2nd is a decent package considering the market.. If I'm gillis I'm pushing for bozak 1st maybe scrivens though.

#2924 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:54 AM

If this is true, I hope MG sends Lu to Florida. I'd rather Florida garbage and watch the Leafs tank again.

#2925 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

If this is true, I hope MG sends Lu to Florida. I'd rather Florida garbage and watch the Leafs tank again.

Haha me too.. Actually the islanders, then watch them come in at 8th and tor in 9th

#2926 Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks_Hockey_101

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

Toronto's out to lunch. Lowball offers trying to cash in wont cut it.

#2927 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:59 AM

If the Canucks were going to give Luongo away, it sure as hell would not be to the Toronto M Laffs - and it sure as hell would not be before the offseason.

A giveaway would be to Florida in the summer - and then watch the Laffs suck on that when a healthy, young Panthers team leapfrogs them in short order next season.

I hope the Leafs decide to stay put. They are a much worse team than their blowhard media think they are.

Have a look at their underlying numbers.

http://www.behindthe... 34 45 46 63 67

Not a single Leaf who has a + corsi on.
One regular has had over 50% ozone starts.
They are still a horrible team in terms of puck possession and territory, and they have both a young blueline and young goaltending.
What that spells is inevitable pressure on their backend. .
They've had good coaching and have been opportune - with misleading, overachieving results.
I doubt Randy Carlyle looks at his team and thinks he has a realistic contending team.
Imo he calls it a work in progress for good reason - I doubt that's just modesty.
If they want to pretend that they don't have the assets or are not prepared to cut a sensible deal, let them suck on the underlying writing on the wall.
It's a short, oddball season. It would be very interesting to see this team try to stand up to an 82 game schedule. The reality tends to hit home after midway of a real season.

Edited by oldnews, 29 March 2013 - 12:15 PM.

#2928 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:01 PM

So by the sounds of it mg is trading giving away a FORMER elite goalie with a fantastic cap hit away for a third liner at best, a prospect that will may never play in the NHL and a 2nd round pick that he'll ultimately use on a terrible prospect

fixed that for you

#2929 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,026 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

@DarrenDreger: Sources say Vancouver reached out to Toronto this week to revisit Loungo talks.Flames hoping for a better read on Kipper's future this wknd.

Now MG is the one grovelling and bending over ...
TO doesn't need Luongo to get into the playoffs, they'll make it at the rate they are going. Remember, TO needs to do is make it in to consider this season a success. Whereas for us ... we need to win the Cup.
Luongo isn't going anywhere before the trade deadline. Bank on it.

#2930 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

@FarhanLaljiTSN: #Luongo re Leaf talk, says he hasn't spoken to Gillis about anything in quite some time.

@FarhanLaljiTSN: #Luongo compares his situation to Iginla's. Knows he won't be getting blindsided, "Its been a long time coming" #canucks

Edited by Lonny_Bohonos_14, 29 March 2013 - 12:42 PM.

Posted Image

#2931 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Now MG is the one grovelling and bending over ...
TO doesn't need Luongo to get into the playoffs, they'll make it at the rate they are going. Remember, TO needs to do is make it in to consider this season a success. Whereas for us ... we need to win the Cup.
Luongo isn't going anywhere before the trade deadline. Bank on it.

He's not grovelling. He's not giving Lu away for peanuts. If he absolutely has to he will trade for a centre with other pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised if luongo is still here till the offseason. If the deal isn't there now, it isn't there now. Toronto would be stupid to not go out and get a goalie right now. Whether its Lu or somebody else. Your wasting the teams hardwork this season sending them in there with Reimer.

#2932 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,374 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

Don't give Lu away for a pending UFA. We can get a third line center through a separate trade.

If we can't get any roster players that help us, then just get better prospects. And we can use Luongo's cap space to fill in holes through other trades.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2933 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

The Islanders make more sense than the Leafs - let the Leafs ride Reimer or go after Kipprusoff.
Long Island has no goaltender going forward - Dipietro is buyout contender #1, and buried, no one expects the cap circumvention Thomas to actually show up in NY, and Nabokov is a 37 year old UFA. The Isles have only 28 million in cap committed next year (even with their buried giants), and they have an exceptionally young blueline when you consider the two veteran UFAs they haven't managed to re-sign.
Nabokov is an ideal rental backup who expires, making room for (currently injured) Lack next season and moving him makes good sense to both sides.
The Isles have a great deal of young depth at center - I really like Cizikas as a young, affordable RFA 3C.
They could use and can afford a veteran blueliner - in fact, they'll have to spend this summer.
And they're poised right now to snatch a playoff berth if they finish strong.

Luo, Ballard, roster spot.
Nabokov(UFA), Streit (UFA), Cizikas, Nelson/1st.

If they want a veteran C, we can add Ebbett to that deal, and they essentially don't lose a single roster player in this deal.
The Canucks coud then go out and add a Boyd Gordon or whomever to supplement the depth at C, for not a significant cost. If anyone can afford to move a C prospect like Nelson (or a 1st), it's the Islanders (or Florida), and their 1st at the moment is looking like a mid round pick, not a top 5 as usual.
It would also be sweet to troll the Leafs and call all their bluffs by cutting a reasonable compromise like this with someone else.

Edited by oldnews, 29 March 2013 - 01:09 PM.

#2934 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,178 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:02 PM

The Islanders make more sense than the Leafs - let the Leafs ride Reimer or go after Kipprusoff.
Long Island has no goaltender going forward - Dipietro is buyout contender #1, and buried, no one expects the cap circumvention Thomas to actually show up in NY, and Nabokov is a 37 year old UFA. The Isles have only 28 million in cap committed next year (even with their buried giants), and they have an exceptionally young blueline when you consider the two veteran UFAs they haven't managed to re-sign.
Nabokov is an ideal rental backup who expires, making room for (currently injured) Lack next season and moving him makes good sense to both sides.
The Isles have a great deal of young depth at center - I really like Cizikas as a young, affordable RFA 3C.
They could use and can afford a veteran blueliner - in fact, they'll have to spend this summer.

those 1st round picks are gonna be like gold.
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#2935 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,255 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

those 1st round picks are gonna be like gold.

Not if mg is deciding them ;)
The NHL is a fixed old boys club. I've come to acceptance with that and just watch for entertainment. 2011 & 2012 Canucks are champs in my book. Go Canucks Go!
Florida Panthers GM -  2014-15 Shapheat FHL

#2936 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,494 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

Media is trying to hype up trade deadline day. Luongo is most likely going to stay for the playoffs.

#2937 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 14,818 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

You're going to eat those words when you see what Jensen does (and don't count on Gaunce being a bust either) - and by most accounts, neither Hodgson nor Schroeder have exactly flopped.

Edited by oldnews, 29 March 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#2938 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,211 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

Don't give Lu away for a pending UFA. We can get a third line center through a separate trade.

If we can't get any roster players that help us, then just get better prospects. And we can use Luongo's cap space to fill in holes through other trades.

I'd do it if we get their first in this years draft.

2picks in this years first round and we can afford to make a sacrifice to load up at next years deadline.

One of Jensen schroeder gaunce corrado our 2 new first rounders or our first next year would be expendable to stack the team.

#2939 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,040 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:13 PM

And they're poised right now to snatch a playoff berth if they finish strong.

If they want a veteran C, we can add Ebbett to that deal, and they essentially don't lose a single roster player in this deal.
The Canucks coud then go out and add a Boyd Gordon or whomever to supplement the depth at C, for not a significant cost. If anyone can afford to move a C prospect like Nelson (or a 1st), it's the Islanders (or Florida), and their 1st at the moment is looking like a mid round pick, not a top 5 as usual.
It would also be sweet to troll the Leafs and call all their bluffs by cutting a reasonable compromise like this with someone else.

For me, any deal with the Isles begins with Niederreiter.

Lu and a 3rd

Niederreiter and their first

or

Niederreiter, Bailey, their 2nd

#2940 boxiebrown

boxiebrown

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Hodgson, Schroeder, Jensen, Gaunce seems like a pretty solid track record to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.