#1 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:00 PM

POPULAR

Rome, a valuably needed defenceman since Hamius got injured, was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for a hockey play/hit that was a fraction of a second late.

Boychuk delivers a hit to Raymond that was no where near the play or puck and gets no suspension or even penalty for breaking Raymond's back!

Keith delivers a hit on our best goal scorer in Daniel Sedin that was an obvious intent to injure and gets just 5 games while we lose Daniel for the rest of the season and all but one final game in the playoffs.

And now Hanson, a player who has no history of "dirty" or suspensions gets a game for trying to bat the puck out of the air.

NHL bias against the Canucks keeps on rolling.

Pathetic

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#2 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

POPULAR

NHL is bush league. officiating is a joke, Gary Bettman a clown.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#3 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

POPULAR

The one game suspension was justified.

Also, it's Hansen.

(>'-')>Posted Image<('-'<)

#4 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

POPULAR

The one game suspension was justified.

Also, it's Hansen.

I can't understand this gibberish, compared to Keith's flying elbow Shanahan should've gave Hansen a lolly-pop and sent him back to AV.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#5 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,897 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

POPULAR

So many instances. Look what Eager and Buttuglyone used to get away with? And now they're calling swipes at the puck as suspendable offenses? Give me a break and a head shake, NHL. Piss poor. But w/e, we'll survive....we've had to learn to do that.

Just cheapens the whole deal. It's not about good honest sport anymore, it's programmed. It's influenced. It takes the pure joy out of it for me, as it's just one more thing in this world that is corrupt and mismanaged.

Not a biggie...one game. But it's the messages that keep getting sent. Whine on, Hawks....it's working. Unflattering, but it's working.

I keep hoping it sets the bar and that we'll eventually benefit from the stringent rules with our players protected too. Ha. I also hope to win the lottery one day.

Posted Image

#6 beer&meat

beer&meat

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

NHL is bush league. officiating is a joke, Gary Bettman a clown.

This pretty much says it all except the NHL being bush league. The NHL still has the best players in the world, is the best league in the world, it's just run by a bunch of monkeys.
I don't ride with the band, I roll with the team.

I've been a Canuck fan since 2004-05 when the team was going through a huge transition phase, missed the playoffs

#7 Tom Sestito

Tom Sestito

Probably Not A Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

POPULAR

Ignorance is so strong.

It's Hansen, first of all. He went for the puck but was careless as hell coming down. It deserved a one game suspension even though he's not a dirty player.

Five games is a decent amount in the NHL. I was expecting 6-7 but I was fine with the suspension.

I'll agree with the Boychuck one, but you're implying it as if the Canucks haven't had a few calls their way.

Edited by TrueStory, 20 February 2013 - 08:17 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you VC!

#8 tas

tas

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,650 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

This pretty much says it all except the NHL being bush league. The NHL still has the best players in the world, is the best league in the world, it's just run by a bunch of monkeys.

he means in comparison to other major north american professional leagues, not other hockey leagues.

#9 406281dylan

406281dylan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

also they love to criticize lapierre,burrows,kesler and bieksa which makes zero sense to me.

#10 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

I can't understand this gibberish, compared to Keith's flying elbow Shanahan should've gave Hansen a lolly-pop and sent him back to AV.

While I agree that Keith should've gotten a much harsher punishment, I still believe Hansen's one game suspension is warranted.

Hopefully now it sets a precedent for future suspensions.

#11 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,344 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:30 PM

While I agree that Keith should've gotten a much harsher punishment, I still believe Hansen's one game suspension is warranted.

What does, 'It's Hansen" imply?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#12 puckinaround

puckinaround

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Yah, your too whiney. Your experience in the past is clouding your "vision" of the present. Hansen re-concussed Hossa. Pretty big deal. So all those plays you mentioned vs Boston were terrible and sucked, they have nothing to do with this. Although I dont think Hansen did it on purpose, the one game suspension is a gift. He could've got worse. Dont let sour grapes ruin your love of the game. Sh*t happens!

#13 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:34 PM

The Chicago announcers also claimed Hansen deliberately slashed Bolland in the last game.

#14 VanNuck

VanNuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

For goodness sake. That is all but a myth - for the record, this was the first time any Canuck player got the "Shanaban," and for only one game.

I will agree though, Boyachuk should have gotten a suspension after Raymond's injury.

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

#15 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,977 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

NHL suspensions appear to be no longer about precedence, but seem to be looked at on a case by case basis.

Typical of this league, although Shanahan did raise a good point about the closed fist thing.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#16 vancityhockey

vancityhockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:38 PM

Uggghhhh.... Spare me.

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks that warranted a suspension either has their head in the sand or is under the illusion that they're watching girls hockey or something... probably the same "hockey" fans who want to ban fighting. Smh. It warranted a penalty-MAYBE- and that's that. End of story.

First thread i read about the suspension so I apologize if this has already been brought up but how the hell can they suspend Hansen after only fining Giordano for a SLOOFOOT! (Que Burrows: ITS A SLOOFOOT:p)

His sloofoot (slufoot?) was WAAYYY worse then Hansen's hit, with malicious intent. Just because his victim had the smarts to keep his head up, Giordano escapes suspension. Sloofooting is one of the most dangerous plays in hockey.

This leads to a bigger NHL and pro sports issue.... Punishing based on the INJURY rather than INTENT.... Leads to awful suspensions. Shanahan deserves his pink slip... this is almost as bad as giving Torres 37 games for a hit with his shoulder in the playoffs. Awful, just awful.
Posted Image

#17 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:39 PM

One game doesn't matter, it's just Shanny throwing a bone to a big media market. There's no need to flip out about it, take the long view. What if Hossa is done for the season what then? If you say NOW that one game is too long, how can you say LATER that we got our just revenge for the Keith cheapshot? All's I'm saying is, don't put yourselves in a position where you have to change your tune and end up looking stupid/hasty.

First thread i read about the suspension so I apologize if this has already been brought up but how the hell can they suspend Hansen after only fining Giordano for a SLOOFOOT! (Que Burrows: ITS A SLOOFOOT:p)

His sloofoot (slufoot?) was WAAYYY worse then Hansen's hit, with malicious intent. Just because his victim had the smarts to keep his head up, Giordano escapes suspension. Sloofooting is one of the most dangerous plays in hockey.

That was a terrible decision, to not give Giordano more. It should have been more like three games+, that was a brutal play. But I think you're seeing it wrong on their method. Two small-market teams, two players who aren't very prominent, no injuries...no suspension. Two high-profile teams, big rivalry, star player hit by third-liner, major media market, original six...has to be a suspension. Has to be. We can dissect the play but let's not pretend like it's anything other than a smokescreen when Shanny does it, the real decision is made based on entirely different factors. Not being able to say for sure what the intent was, and not knowing for sure what the injury is, that's what limits it to one game.

Edited by ThaBestPlaceOnEarth, 20 February 2013 - 08:47 PM.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#18 kmotamed

kmotamed

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

It's just ONE game.

#19 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,147 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

For goodness sake. That is all but a myth - for the record, this was the first time any Canuck player got the "Shanaban," and for only one game.

I will agree though, Boyachuk should have gotten a suspension after Raymond's injury.

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

False. The reason why we lost was because our defense was absolutely terrible. Schneider was the reason why it was close. On top of that, we had no offensive pressure once the 2nd Period started.

#20 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,186 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:46 PM

Redundant idea that makes us look like whiners.

1 game? Oh noes!

Just be glad that it wasn't one of OUR guys going down again.
Posted Image

#21 KoreanHockeyFan

KoreanHockeyFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

So many instances. Look what Eager and Buttuglyone used to get away with? And now they're calling swipes at the puck as suspendable offenses? Give me a break and a head shake, NHL. Piss poor. But w/e, we'll survive....we've had to learn to do that.

Just cheapens the whole deal. It's not about good honest sport anymore, it's programmed. It's influenced. It takes the pure joy out of it for me, as it's just one more thing in this world that is corrupt and mismanaged.

Not a biggie...one game. But it's the messages that keep getting sent. Whine on, Hawks....it's working. Unflattering, but it's working.

I keep hoping it sets the bar and that we'll eventually benefit from the stringent rules with our players protected too. Ha. I also hope to win the lottery one day.

Well that escalated quickly.

#22 ChenWei91

ChenWei91

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

What does, 'It's Hansen" imply?

OP spelt Hansen with an "o".

#23 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

some day we will win the cup and it will all be worth it.

#24 vancityhockey

vancityhockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

Redundant idea that makes us look like whiners.

1 game? Oh noes!

Just be glad that it wasn't one of OUR guys going down again.

I don't even care about missing hansen for ONE game. Big deal. For me it is just another dumbfounding suspension, regardless of whether it was a Canuck suspended, a Jet or a Ranger. I don't really believe in the Canucks bias but there is no question that over the years we have gotten the short end of stick a few times-But guess what? So have most teams.

Personally I'd be pissed that anyone else in the NHL get suspended for that hit, just makes it worse that it was little bit of Jannik Hansen.
Posted Image

#25 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

I thought Hansen made out pretty good.

Like I said before, Hansen intentionally did it to a lesser degree, he did not expect Hossa to completely disassemble.

Things happen fast on the ice and with the added intensity it was more reckless than malice

Just another chapter in one of the best dam rivalries ever.

If all you are looking for is bias then that is all you will notice, the Canucks/ Bruins SCF had the best TV ratings of the decade, we are the "super heel" in the NHL,

Canucks simply sell tickets

from a business standpoint it makes no sense to hold us down.

People who hate the team actually think its the other way around.

Edited by Noheart, 20 February 2013 - 09:13 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#26 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Bad decision, in that split second to think you can change motions like it was described in Shanahan's video, they must have forgotten what it was like to be a player.

#27 vancityhockey

vancityhockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

On the bright side we know how to get Hossa out of a playoff series if we play them again. Guy is clearly a souphead. AV just has to send out Volpatti (Wiese would never do it lol) to pull a duncan kieth elbow on Hossa-but harder. Sure Volpatti will get suspended but ill take that trade off 7 days a week and twice on sundays.
Posted Image

#28 nucks_rule1

nucks_rule1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,773 posts

i don't think was deserving of a suspension, but who didn't see this coming. The NHL disciplinary system has always been, Superstar+Injury=Suspension.

Edited by nucks_rule1, 20 February 2013 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image
my thread!

100th post on September 9th 2008
1000th post on june 24th 2010

THANK YOU MIKE GILLIS FOR GREATEST OFF SEASON EVER!

HANK= H(ART ROSS)

#29 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,897 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:05 PM

POPULAR

Well that escalated quickly.

Not really....Eager and Buttuglyone were a few years ago now. I feel I've been fairly patient in waiting for this big promise of consistency and accountability to take place. We always get the heavy handed side of things and when we're taking the blows, it often goes unnoticed. So yeah, a little tired of it. But don't care anymore, I take it for what it is. A garbage product that my team happens to play in.

Posted Image

#30 Canucklehead420

Canucklehead420

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

False. The reason why we lost was because our defense was absolutely terrible. Schneider was the reason why it was close. On top of that, we had no offensive pressure once the 2nd Period started.

i guess this excuse is only permittable when its Schneider. he looked great stopping those breakaways but he should have had the Sharp goal.

should have just been a fine but 1 game i can live with. anymore i would be irate.

Edited by Canucklehead420, 20 February 2013 - 09:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.