The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More NHL bias against Canucks

grandmaster

Rome, a valuably needed defenceman since Hamius got injured, was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for a hockey play/hit that was a fraction of a second late.

Boychuk delivers a hit to Raymond that was no where near the play or puck and gets no suspension or even penalty for breaking Raymond's back!

Keith delivers a hit on our best goal scorer in Daniel Sedin that was an obvious intent to injure and gets just 5 games while we lose Daniel for the rest of the season and all but one final game in the playoffs.

And now Hanson, a player who has no history of "dirty" or suspensions gets a game for trying to bat the puck out of the air.

NHL bias against the Canucks keeps on rolling.

Pathetic

So many instances. Look what Eager and Buttuglyone used to get away with? And now they're calling swipes at the puck as suspendable offenses? Give me a break and a head shake, NHL. Piss poor. But w/e, we'll survive....we've had to learn to do that.

Just cheapens the whole deal. It's not about good honest sport anymore, it's programmed. It's influenced. It takes the pure joy out of it for me, as it's just one more thing in this world that is corrupt and mismanaged.

Not a biggie...one game. But it's the messages that keep getting sent. Whine on, Hawks....it's working. Unflattering, but it's working.

I keep hoping it sets the bar and that we'll eventually benefit from the stringent rules with our players protected too. Ha. I also hope to win the lottery one day.

Ignorance is so strong.

It's Hansen, first of all. He went for the puck but was careless as hell coming down. It deserved a one game suspension even though he's not a dirty player.

Five games is a decent amount in the NHL. I was expecting 6-7 but I was fine with the suspension.

I'll agree with the Boychuck one, but you're implying it as if the Canucks haven't had a few calls their way.

Yah, your too whiney. Your experience in the past is clouding your "vision" of the present. Hansen re-concussed Hossa. Pretty big deal. So all those plays you mentioned vs Boston were terrible and sucked, they have nothing to do with this. Although I dont think Hansen did it on purpose, the one game suspension is a gift. He could've got worse. Dont let sour grapes ruin your love of the game. Sh*t happens!

For goodness sake. That is all but a myth - for the record, this was the first time any Canuck player got the "Shanaban," and for only one game.

I will agree though, Boyachuk should have gotten a suspension after Raymond's injury.

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

NHL suspensions appear to be no longer about precedence, but seem to be looked at on a case by case basis.

Typical of this league, although Shanahan did raise a good point about the closed fist thing.

One game doesn't matter, it's just Shanny throwing a bone to a big media market. There's no need to flip out about it, take the long view. What if Hossa is done for the season what then? If you say NOW that one game is too long, how can you say LATER that we got our just revenge for the Keith cheapshot? All's I'm saying is, don't put yourselves in a position where you have to change your tune and end up looking stupid/hasty.

First thread i read about the suspension so I apologize if this has already been brought up but how the hell can they suspend Hansen after only fining Giordano for a SLOOFOOT! (Que Burrows: ITS A SLOOFOOT:p)

His sloofoot (slufoot?) was WAAYYY worse then Hansen's hit, with malicious intent. Just because his victim had the smarts to keep his head up, Giordano escapes suspension. Sloofooting is one of the most dangerous plays in hockey.

For goodness sake. That is all but a myth - for the record, this was the first time any Canuck player got the "Shanaban," and for only one game.

I will agree though, Boyachuk should have gotten a suspension after Raymond's injury.

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

Archived