Posted Image

#32 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,464 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I don't believe in any kinda of conspiracy against Vancouver or anything like that, but it really does seem like we get short end of the stick all the time. The NHL never seem to talk about our stars or even really has us up on NHL.com for anything positive.

Edited by CanuckianOne, 20 February 2013 - 09:26 PM.

g3HKFnX.png

#33 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

Canucks have area-denial but no force projection. Our enemies in Toronto, Chicago, Boston and the NHL offices have force projection capability with their propaganda reach going far beyond ours. We need to step it up in the propaganda and misinformation areas if we want to match the likes of the original six, big media market teams and the league itself. We need propaganda with national reach and effect as well as in the states, we are being beaten on the information side. Everything we do is for domestic production, that's not cutting it against foes of this high level. They are playing the game on a much higher level than we are, we can't be content to just sit back and defend passively, we need to take it to em.

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#34 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:34 PM

I don't believe in any kinda of conspiracy against Vancouver or anything like that, but it really does seem like we get short end of the stick all the time. The NHL never seem to talk about our stars or even really has us up on NHL.com for anything positive.

the whole league hates this club and its about time the GM staffed it accordingly and added some serious a** kickers.
2 big skilled monsters that can play and chuck the mitts with anybody.
instead we have the most hated franchise in the league who wont step up when their own goalie is run.

the league, the players ,the fans and the media hate the canucks.

Embrace the hate, sign some monsters Gillis, stop pissing around.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#35 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

Haters are going to hate and the NHL is one of them. :bigblush:

canucks141.png

#36 Kesler's Nose

Kesler's Nose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:39 PM

What a joke... Whatever, I can deal with it. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us a W tomorrow, the Hawks fans can whine on- I'll just throw the Duncan Keith elbow in their face. That was one of those where they show just how sore of a losers they are, what with Toews crying after every loss to the Canucks and Bolland talking smack on Chicago radios it's almost hilarious how immature and unprofessional they are.

"It's an opportunity, we don't look at it as a last chance... We look at it as an opportunity to do something great. We are going to take it period by period, shift by shift. You just have to be better than the guy across from you... Every guy in this locker room I can say believes we can do this." - Ryan Kesler

Posted Image

#37 papagrizz

papagrizz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

they're not doing it to punish hansen, theyre doing it so in the future people dont elbow eachother when reaching for the puck

#38 ripsh0w

ripsh0w

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

Ignorance is so strong.

It's Hansen, first of all. He went for the puck but was careless as hell coming down. It deserved a one game suspension even though he's not a dirty player.

Five games is a decent amount in the NHL. I was expecting 6-7 but I was fine with the suspension.

I'll agree with the Boychuck one, but you're implying it as if the Canucks haven't had a few calls their way.

YEA! and weber deserved to not get suspended by intentionally slamming zetterberg's head into the boards!

Posted Image

#39 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

NHL suspensions appear to be no longer about precedence, but seem to be looked at on a case by case basis.

Typical of this league, although Shanahan did raise a good point about the closed fist thing.

Closed fist, when you grab the puck technically you're "concealing" it which is a penalty. Using that closed fist crap as a reason for a suspension while a rule stating you can't close your hand on the puck is retarded
Posted Image

#40 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

They did it to keep the hawks fans happy.

I can't remember the last time they got a call right...

It's all about who make the hit or who gets injured. You can bet if a player like marchand hit Hossa like Torres did, it would have just been a minor penalty with no suspension.

Can also guarantee that if Burrows did what Weber did to Zetterberg there would have been a lengthy suspension.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#41 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

Lol, I have no problem with one game. Get over it people.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#42 Raiun

Raiun

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Closed fist, when you grab the puck technically you're "concealing" it which is a penalty. Using that closed fist crap as a reason for a suspension while a rule stating you can't close your hand on the puck is retarded

I was pretty much gonna say this... I thought you weren't allowed to catch the puck anymore, might be why his fist was closed..

#43 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:10 PM

I disagree with the suspension but one game isn't TOO unreasonable.

#44 campers11

campers11

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

On the bright side we know how to get Hossa out of a playoff series if we play them again. Guy is clearly a souphead. AV just has to send out Volpatti (Wiese would never do it lol) to pull a duncan kieth elbow on Hossa-but harder. Sure Volpatti will get suspended but ill take that trade off 7 days a week and twice on sundays.

Wow, way to be an A-hole. Not to mention remember how we almost blew a 3-0 series lead to Chicago by taking out one of their best Dmen (Seabrook)? May have been the best Game I've ever seen but wasn't worth the all the stress of seeing them come back.
Posted Image Cred to "Keslers happy dance"!
RIP Luc Bourdon
Thank you linden.
No, thank you Chuck Norris.

#45 vancityhockey

vancityhockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Wow, way to be an A-hole. Not to mention remember how we almost blew a 3-0 series lead to Chicago by taking out one of their best Dmen (Seabrook)? May have been the best Game I've ever seen but wasn't worth the all the stress of seeing them come back.

So you wouldnt take Volpatti for Hossa because you're worried they'll want to win more? Hmmm, think ill take my chances:). Btw, sure that beautiful hit on Seabrook sparked the Hawks somewhat but to blame it for 3 straight losses? Ha! Ludicrious

A-Hole? We're talking the Stanley Cup Playoffs! Not stick and puck at 8 rinks pal. Wouldn't want you on my team, thats for sure
Posted Image

#46 vancityhockey

vancityhockey

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

the whole league hates this club and its about time the GM staffed it accordingly and added some serious a** kickers.
2 big skilled monsters that can play and chuck the mitts with anybody.
instead we have the most hated franchise in the league who wont step up when their own goalie is run.

the league, the players ,the fans and the media hate the canucks.

Embrace the hate, sign some monsters Gillis, stop pissing around.

That's what I'm talking about! Canucks have way too many smart, rational, nice human beings... sometimes it shows on the ice.
Posted Image

#47 coastal1

coastal1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

NHL is bush league. officiating is a joke, Gary Bettman a clown.

And what would you call a fan of NHL hockey?? A fan of a bush league?

#48 dirk diggler

dirk diggler

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

Hey OP eff off with your silly pity party...there's no bias, just incompetence.
"If I claim to be a wise man it surely means that I don't know..."

#49 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,516 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

It's time for Gillis to do something more tangilble than blasting the refs to the media (the entire league deseves to be publicly humiliated in this instance). Make the officials' dressing room just barely meet the minimum standard. Keep our players out of the allstar game. Refuse to make players available to media.

The problem isn't going to go away until Gillis fights back.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#50 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

I watched the majority of all 3 games tonight .. there were three intentional elbows to the head, resulting in minor penalties being called .. all three warrant at least a one game supension based on intent, as established by Shanabum's decision .. let us wait and watch tomorrow and see how that works out .. pathetic and bush league .. micro managed to the knackers to satisfy the Eastern power base .. if I was Aquilini, I would be talking to my cousin Vinnie ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#51 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

Hey OP eff off with your silly pity party...there's no bias, just incompetence.

You are what I would call willfully blind.

Keep your head in the sand

Edited by grandmaster, 20 February 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#52 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

So many instances. Look what Eager and Buttuglyone used to get away with? And now they're calling swipes at the puck as suspendable offenses? Give me a break and a head shake, NHL. Piss poor. But w/e, we'll survive....we've had to learn to do that.

Just cheapens the whole deal. It's not about good honest sport anymore, it's programmed. It's influenced. It takes the pure joy out of it for me, as it's just one more thing in this world that is corrupt and mismanaged.

Not a biggie...one game. But it's the messages that keep getting sent. Whine on, Hawks....it's working. Unflattering, but it's working.

I keep hoping it sets the bar and that we'll eventually benefit from the stringent rules with our players protected too. Ha. I also hope to win the lottery one day.

Well stated

#53 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I watched the majority of all 3 games tonight .. there were three intentional elbows to the head, resulting in minor penalties being called .. all three warrant at least a one game supension based on intent, as established by Shanabum's decision .. let us wait and watch tomorrow and see how that works out .. pathetic and bush league .. micro managed to the knackers to satisfy the Eastern power base .. if I was Aquilini, I would be talking to my cousin Vinnie ..

Lol

#54 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:10 PM

And what would you call a fan of NHL hockey?? A fan of a bush league?

hockey fan... we're all hockey fans. we deserve a league without Bettman and keystone cop referees.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#55 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

It goes without saying that Vancouver almost always gets the short end of the stick with disciplinary action. If the NHL is going to pilot new types of enforcement, it's going to be with the Canucks - we're about as far away from New York as you can get amongst NHL teams.

Is it fair? Of course not. But it’s similar to how the NHL bases disciplinary decisions partly on the extent to which the victimized player is hurt. If Hossa gets up right away, there is no suspension. But because Hossa has an eggshell of a head because of previous concussions, Hansen’s contact is given a heavier penalty. That should have no bearing, just as the team that Hansen plays for should have no bearing. But we all know it does.

The ONLY break that comes to my mind in terms of suspensions is Bure's '94 elbow, which earned him 0 games of suspension, when even in that day and age, it warranted at least two games.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#56 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well said. I was about to go off on this, but I'll just be accused of being a homer and a "tinfoil hat', so I'll leave it to you people. The Tarasenko ko tonight made me sick but all of the talking heads around the tv dial are calling it a "hockey play". I can't figure these guys out for the life of me.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#57 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,862 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

Stop whining. The only way to fight the bias is to stop watching altogether and COST THE NHL MONEY.

Only when this happens will bias be gone and the NHL will know that screwing around won't work anymore. You're complaining while giving them the perfect conditions to screw you over. If you don't want bias, make them pay for it by not watching. If the game is so unbearable (like DebLuvs said), then stop watching.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#58 Mwandazimu

Mwandazimu

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

You clearly did not watch the game. If it wasn't for Schnider making saves on a dozen odd man rushes for the hawks the score would have been 10-1.

#59 Moonshinefe

Moonshinefe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:26 PM

For the record I disagree with the suspension too. But Hansen WAS a bit reckless and he DID injure a star player, so I understand why the league gave him a suspension (a minimal one). It's only 1 game so I'm not getting too upset about it.

Edited by Moonshinefe, 20 February 2013 - 11:27 PM.

#60 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

If the league was consistent and their suspension or fines assessed made some sort of sense, I wouldn't have as much problem with this decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.