#61 Justin6Schultz

Justin6Schultz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

What does, 'It's Hansen" imply?

I think he means honey badgers are dangerous?

#62 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hansen closed his fist to grab the puck? The suspension is justified.

#63 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

POPULAR

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

I'm sorry, this is off-topic, but...

DID YOU WATCH THE GAME? Schneider stopped every breakaway and odd-man rush and made 40 saves, he's solely the reason we were in the game until the late 3rd when it got tied up.

#64 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Rome, a valuably needed defenceman since Hamius got injured, was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for a hockey play/hit that was a fraction of a second late.

Boychuk delivers a hit to Raymond that was no where near the play or puck and gets no suspension or even penalty for breaking Raymond's back!

Keith delivers a hit on our best goal scorer in Daniel Sedin that was an obvious intent to injure and gets just 5 games while we lose Daniel for the rest of the season and all but one final game in the playoffs.

And now Hanson, a player who has no history of "dirty" or suspensions gets a game for trying to bat the puck out of the air.

NHL bias against the Canucks keeps on rolling.

Pathetic

Learn to watch the game kid. You clearly don't know anything about hockey.

Rome a valuable defenseman? What are you smoking?

Posted Image

#65 Forsy

Forsy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

This was not suspended - Dubinsky on Scuderi.

It's part superstar bias (Hansen vs. Dubinsky, Hossa vs. Scuderi), part NON-American team bias (ie. players in a Canadian team will get fair treatment, players in an American team will get reduced penalties/fines/suspensions).

#66 Hockey Coach12

Hockey Coach12

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:06 AM

What a joke... Whatever, I can deal with it. Let's just hope it doesn't cost us a W tomorrow, the Hawks fans can whine on- I'll just throw the Duncan Keith elbow in their face. That was one of those where they show just how sore of a losers they are, what with Toews crying after every loss to the Canucks and Bolland talking smack on Chicago radios it's almost hilarious how immature and unprofessional they are.

You may call them unprofessional or whiners, but just remember...one thing they are NOT is losers. They won the Cup in 2010 and are on tied for the absolute best start in NHL history.
Toews has never cried about a loss to the Canucks or any other team. He gets disappointed or pissed, but not so much about how the opposition played, he gets mad when his team plays badly. He is far from a whiner, but is more outspoken when he is pissed at his team about a loss.
Bolland talking smack on a Chicago radio station is just off ice chirping and is a mind game he plays. Funny thing is, it usually works. There is no other guy in the league that has been able to shut down the Sedin twins like Bolland, that's why you guys all hate him. I guarantee that if Bolland was on the Nucks, you would love his gritty in your face style. One thing is for sure, Bolland isn't a great center, he can't fin an important faceoff to save his life! His ability to get under the skin of the opposition is his biggest asset.

Edited by Hockey Coach12, 21 February 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#67 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Quit whining guys. Many of you may be too young to remember Dallas vs Buffalo final, if so look up how Sabres lost the Stanley Cup. Canucks are not the only team that has to deal with this kind of stuff. Every team does.

Lately CDC is full of whining and crying after every penalty, missed call, goal, period and game. This is not the image Canucks fans want after the team worked so hard to shed similar image after the 2011 Cup run.

Fact is the game is being called a certain way, refs get their orders from the league and they follow them. Right now the game is headed away from a speed and skill style of post 2005 lockout. Boston and LA won the last 2 Cups because the game is called according to their style of play.

MG and company realize this, look up their draft picks over the past 2 years, more size and grit. Lets wait until the Luongo trade and see what the final roster looks like before the playoffs. I'm sure MG will trade for size.

#68 Justin6Schultz

Justin6Schultz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

I truly feel sorry for those who take the Rome jokes serious. I think we should plus him for trying, TBH

#69 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:25 AM

So many instances. Look what Eager and Buttuglyone used to get away with? And now they're calling swipes at the puck as suspendable offenses? Give me a break and a head shake, NHL. Piss poor. But w/e, we'll survive....we've had to learn to do that.

Just cheapens the whole deal. It's not about good honest sport anymore, it's programmed. It's influenced. It takes the pure joy out of it for me, as it's just one more thing in this world that is corrupt and mismanaged.

Not a biggie...one game. But it's the messages that keep getting sent. Whine on, Hawks....it's working. Unflattering, but it's working.

I keep hoping it sets the bar and that we'll eventually benefit from the stringent rules with our players protected too. Ha. I also hope to win the lottery one day.

This pretty much says it all except the NHL being bush league. The NHL still has the best players in the world, is the best league in the world, it's just run by a bunch of monkeys.

The rules are not stringent, they are haphazzardly applied to cover the NHL's agenda, which is to favor teams with political power within the league. Does Chara get suspended for trying to remove Paccioreti's head? Nope. Does Lucic get suspended for running Miller in the open ice with no-one else around? Nope. Boychuk get suspended for breaking Raymond's back? Does the Boston player that broke Edler's fingers with a slash even get a penalty? Nope. Does Marchand speed-bagging Sedin get a penalty? Nope. Does Chara get a penalty for repeated cross-checks of Sedin, until Sedin is finally driven to the ice get a penalty? Nope. Sedin gets one for diving. The only pleasure I get from hockey anymore is when players play so well against the NHL's machinations and attempts to fix games that they defeat the league and its minions in stripes and the BS video reviewers in Toronto - then there is real joy in Mudville.

#70 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,401 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

If you really don't think Rome was valuable at all I'd say you aren't far behind him in the hockey knowledge department.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#71 Red Light Racicot

Red Light Racicot

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:28 AM

I think Hansen is valuable to the team and the Canucks will miss him in Dallas. However, I have no serious problem with the ruling.

It looked unintentional, but I think any player should probably be held accountable for any head-level errant elbows/sticks etc. especially in light of the concussion problem that currently haunts the NHL.

I think Hansen is a gritty, but very classy player. I wouldnt be surprised to learn that he contacted Hossa to apologize.

#72 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,694 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

I see it as being in the same category as "the player is always responsible for his stick". It doesn't matter if you high stick a guy deliberately or it happens by accident. You're still getting at least two minutes.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#73 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,398 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:37 AM

hansen leads with his forearm into the back / side of a star players head in a totally reckless attempt to reach a puck he's obviously late for

should be suspended, and one game is fair

some of you people are literally insane to think this is part of some league-wide, decade spanning conspiracy against our team

rsz_mad_men.jpg

le temps restitué

#74 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:51 AM

I posted an article to General Discussion last month that went mostly ignored but it was very detailed, inside look at the process Shanahan and his team go through with all of these decisions. One of the most interesting, to me, was that he has a team of 6 or 8 ex-players (I think it varies depending on who's available) that are scattered around North America. Each of them receive videos via email and then reply with their verdict on the play. More importantly, each verdict comes in separately; they're not allowed to use Reply All.

This isn't a conspiracy guys. It's not a boardroom table of people with Bettman at the head of it saying "Here's your decision, go do my bidding!" It's more like an individually sequestered jury.

The ones I do question are the ones that aren't reviewed, Boychuk / Raymond being the prime example. THAT kind of order, especially in a high profile SC final game, is the kind that could be coming from up higher.

#75 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,715 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:53 AM

Fact is the game is being called a certain way, refs get their orders from the league and they follow them. Right now the game is headed away from a speed and skill style of post 2005 lockout. Boston and LA won the last 2 Cups because the game is called according to their style of play.

Fact is the game isn't being called a certain way. It's being called however the fcuk the NHL sees fit on a game-by-game basis. Some fans may be complaining specifically about Vancouver's treatment but most are complaining about their favourite game being reduced to a crap product for a market that doesn't care. Let's not forget that Boston won the cup while breaking two spines along the way. No suspensions, not even a penalty minute. This game is simply corrupt, and it's not just a problem for the Canucks.

Refs calling every game totally different means players can't play close to the edge so they care less and play worse. If you have no idea what the rules are every time you step on the ice, you have to be an absolute moron to give your all. It could earn you a suspension or cost you the game which simply isn't worth the risk. I see the bad calls rack up and I feel the wheels in Canucks' heads start turning. "Should we just let them win? It seems like the refs are sending a clear message with these calls. Maybe we'll not get such biased calls next game, in which case, we shouldn't waste our energy tonight." Bad reffing means bad hockey, and no team in this league is playing on the edge or with any confidence except for one. It's nice to have calls go their way, but most important to the Hawks performance is that they're the only team not afraid of the refs' inconsistencies.

If every team could play their game without constantly being jerked around by refs, even the odd missed call would be no big deal and they'd play with a hell of a lot more heart on a night-to-night basis. Bettman's lackeys simply aren't interested though. They think that the answer to growing the game is hyper-strict control of all aspects of the game. Refs and Shanabans make the game absolute garbage despite a wealth of talent. That's something worth bitching about, long after Hansen's time is served.

#76 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:58 AM

I feel hossa embellished the situation, a player coming off a concussion has any simple setbacks the league should "protect him" then and not allow them to play until a certain period symptom free ex 1 week, Hansen hit to the head was not even close to as bad as what kesler had against St. Louis. League is so inconsistent with there suspensions

#77 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:37 AM

Rome, a valuably needed defenceman since Hamius got injured, was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for a hockey play/hit that was a fraction of a second late.

Boychuk delivers a hit to Raymond that was no where near the play or puck and gets no suspension or even penalty for breaking Raymond's back!

Keith delivers a hit on our best goal scorer in Daniel Sedin that was an obvious intent to injure and gets just 5 games while we lose Daniel for the rest of the season and all but one final game in the playoffs.

And now Hanson, a player who has no history of "dirty" or suspensions gets a game for trying to bat the puck out of the air.

Pathetic

Rome didn't move towards Horton until Horton had already passed the puck. As a matter of fact the puck was already on the other Bruins stick before Rome even moved towards him. He deserved a suspension. It was a late blindside hit that couldn't be construed as anything other than intent to injure.

It was Raymond that initiated contact to get the puck. They tangled and passed right over the puck. Boychuk didn't hit Raymond into the boards, as much as their momentum simply carried them there. It was really nothing more than a freak accident with Raymond off balance from contact he initiated.

Keith was suspended 5 games as a first time offender. Shannahan said afterwards, had he known the severity of Daniels injury the suspension would have been longer. BUT, when he talked to Daniel he said he was fine. Blame Danny not the Shannahan or the NHL. I do however believe the league needs to stop basing suspensions on the result and start basing them on the act instead. A week after the Bertuzzi incident Ference sucker punched a player and pummeled him on the ice and got a 3 game suspension. It could just as easily had the same result as the Bertuzzi incident but didn't. Does a 3 game suspension discourage sucker punches as much as Bertuzzi's suspension? It seemed to me the NHL learned nothing from the Bertuzzi incident. That's why I say punish the crime not the result.

It doesn't surprise me Hansen got a game, although I had hoped he'd just get a minor fine. You don't really get a great look at the play, but it looks like Hansen went after the puck with a players head in the way. Which should have been obvious to him as he was behind Hossa. With where the puck was coming down he didn't have much choice but to hit Hossa in the head. Which makes him responsible. I'm ok with a game.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 21 February 2013 - 08:18 AM.
Edited: enough with the homerism already

Posted Image

#78 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:44 AM

You need glasses old man, that or learn to read!

I wrote that Rome was a valuably needed defencemen because we were a bit thin with Hamius being down

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#79 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:51 AM

The rules are not stringent, they are haphazzardly applied to cover the NHL's agenda, which is to favor teams with political power within the league. Does Chara get suspended for trying to remove Paccioreti's head? Nope. Does Lucic get suspended for running Miller in the open ice with no-one else around? Nope. Boychuk get suspended for breaking Raymond's back? Does the Boston player that broke Edler's fingers with a slash even get a penalty? Nope. Does Marchand speed-bagging Sedin get a penalty? Nope. Does Chara get a penalty for repeated cross-checks of Sedin, until Sedin is finally driven to the ice get a penalty? Nope. Sedin gets one for diving. The only pleasure I get from hockey anymore is when players play so well against the NHL's machinations and attempts to fix games that they defeat the league and its minions in stripes and the BS video reviewers in Toronto - then there is real joy in Mudville.

The more I think about it, the more I think the Stanley Cup appeared to have been rigged.

Jeremy Jacobs, owner of the Bruins, is also the chairman for the Board of Governors, someone who has a lot of influence and power in this mafia like league. The Aquillinis are nobodies compares to Jacobs.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#80 WeGotItNextYear

WeGotItNextYear

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

For goodness sake. That is all but a myth - for the record, this was the first time any Canuck player got the "Shanaban," and for only one game.

I will agree though, Boyachuk should have gotten a suspension after Raymond's injury.

Still, that one hit didn't cost the game... AV's decision to go with Schneider, instead of Luongo, cost handing the Hawks their first regulation loss of the season.

how many odd man rushes did cory stop. either goalie loses that game. your opinion was laughable...

#81 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

Fact is the game isn't being called a certain way. It's being called however the fcuk the NHL sees fit on a game-by-game basis. Some fans may be complaining specifically about Vancouver's treatment but most are complaining about their favourite game being reduced to a crap product for a market that doesn't care. Let's not forget that Boston won the cup while breaking two spines along the way. No suspensions, not even a penalty minute. This game is simply corrupt, and it's not just a problem for the Canucks.

Refs calling every game totally different means players can't play close to the edge so they care less and play worse. If you have no idea what the rules are every time you step on the ice, you have to be an absolute moron to give your all. It could earn you a suspension or cost you the game which simply isn't worth the risk. I see the bad calls rack up and I feel the wheels in Canucks' heads start turning. "Should we just let them win? It seems like the refs are sending a clear message with these calls. Maybe we'll not get such biased calls next game, in which case, we shouldn't waste our energy tonight." Bad reffing means bad hockey, and no team in this league is playing on the edge or with any confidence except for one. It's nice to have calls go their way, but most important to the Hawks performance is that they're the only team not afraid of the refs' inconsistencies.

If every team could play their game without constantly being jerked around by refs, even the odd missed call would be no big deal and they'd play with a hell of a lot more heart on a night-to-night basis. Bettman's lackeys simply aren't interested though. They think that the answer to growing the game is hyper-strict control of all aspects of the game. Refs and Shanabans make the game absolute garbage despite a wealth of talent. That's something worth bitching about, long after Hansen's time is served.

I completely disagree. Inconsistent calls means players will press the rules believing there's a good chance to get away with it. Then of course you get the , "why did you call this one when you let the other one go?". There were a lot of penalties let go both ways in that Chicago game. You want good hockey call the rules to the letter from the first minute to the last minute, and from the first game of the season until the cup is handed out. Then the players will know what to expect and you'll see good hockey.
Posted Image

#82 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

yes^^

#83 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

Making mountains out of molehills.

#84 BiasedCarrot

BiasedCarrot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:49 AM

My biggest problem is the inconsistency on what gets a suspension or even a call in this league. The Rome hit on Horton was a clean hockey hit in 2003 when Kariya was levelled by Stevens. Suddenly, it was a suspendable hit and the Canucks defence was almost completely decimated by injury and suspension. It may have been a split second late but what about the Boychuk hit on Raymond, it was away from the play and Raymond didn't even touch the puck. So it couldn't have been how late the hit was because if it was a matter of timing, Boychuk should have been suspended. Therefore, it was the way in which the hit was delivered: shoulder to the chest with minimal if any contact to the head. Sounds clean to me. So it must be the fact that Horton suffered a concussion on the play. But that can't be right because now we have Gabriel Landeskog getting absolutely flattened by Brad Stuart with the principle point of contact being the head and there is no suspension even though Landeskog suffered a concussion on the play. It's this kind of inconsistency that makes it tough for players to know what is and isn't going to get called, if something is called once, it needs to be called every time. The way the supplementary discipline system works in the NHL is a joke. However, I do think that Shanahan is doing a much better job than Colin "I can stay objective even though my son is in the finals" Campbell did.

#85 Sugar baby watermelon

Sugar baby watermelon

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

It is only one game. Hansen is not a repeat offender, when is the last time we see him doing something like this. He is a huge part of this team, players like him are what we need to win the cup.

I agree more with Kerry Fraser's take on this matter. I have to go back and watch but the refs didn't make the call until Toews went over and complained about it. If Hossa is back in a couple of games or even the next one then I'd be frustrated but as it is, it is only one game.

#86 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Pathetic

Get over it and move on. No wonder no one likes us. We are consumed by conspiracy theories. Let's do our talking on the ice and start winning again.
Kevin.jpg

#87 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

I completely disagree. Inconsistent calls means players will press the rules believing there's a good chance to get away with it. Then of course you get the , "why did you call this one when you let the other one go?". There were a lot of penalties let go both ways in that Chicago game. You want good hockey call the rules to the letter from the first minute to the last minute, and from the first game of the season until the cup is handed out. Then the players will know what to expect and you'll see good hockey.

Well said Baggins.

You guys should all start watching soccer over here. Anyone who watched the Celtic v Juventus European Championship last 16 would see there is no consistency in officiating IN ANY SPORT.
Kevin.jpg

#88 Clonedanielsedin

Clonedanielsedin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:05 AM

Its because I'm a die hard Canucks fan, sorry guys can't help it.

#89 timberz21

timberz21

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,658 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:07 AM

it's probably more of a bias towards the balckhawks and star player.

#90 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,955 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Man I'm sick of seeing that Chara hit whined about. How many times a year have we seen a player run into the glass there? I've been saying for decades, one day it's going to kill somebody. They need fix that. I've always been amazed at how many have just bounced back up after being run into that divider. Well it took virtually killing a guy for them to get their heads out of their NHL butts and fix a poor design. It's like saying Linden should have been suspended for trying to kill a guy by putting him through the glass. Whining for the sake of whining I call it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.