158 replies to this topic

#151 Lulover88

Lulover88

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:51 PM

I think during the reg season you might see some game management , but i highly doubt that its the referees having favourites .. Im sure there are players that they dislike because of past actions , but i dont think they have a bias againts one team .. Now the playoffs are another story .. During our playoff appearance with Boston I absolutley believe that Jeremy Jacobs ' bruins owner' had way too much to do with calls , suspensions , and at the end of the day the final result .. If you ask many people around the nhl , they quietly feel the same way .. That owner has gary buttman in his pocket .. and i hope i never see that kind of bs and collusion again .. it hurts the cred of hockey ,and makes it tough to be a fan .

#152 Bieksa's Quote

Bieksa's Quote

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Wow!

Really guys ? How long ago was Raymond's injury ? I think its time to let that go.

Who cares ? Come on now, there is borderline suspendable acts happening regularly in this League. I can agree there is very little consistancy in terms of punishment, but I am not going to buy the " Canucks are victims " or NHL bias against Canucks lol. Its great that there is so many passionate Canucks fans willing to defend their team at all costs lol.

The fact is Hansen was suspended one game for making contact to the head of an opposing player. Ok.

The fact that Keith had what ? 5 games, well everyone in the hockey world is over it already. Daniel and Duncan have no issue between them so let let that go. Keith did not cost Vancouver in the Playoffs.

Raymond was seriously injured by a play into the boards with Boychuk a couple of seasons ago. I can understand the anger and even revenge fans may want. It was deemed not punishable, get over it. Raymond and the Cancuks have long ago.

Teams are constantly getting hosed or getting away with hits and suspensions. Its the way it is. Maybe the NHL is still in need of getting a better grasp on the punishment aspect here, but your Vancouver Canucks will as all teams do - get away with bad hits, be guilty of being divers, suffer bad injuries and have players suspended and all subject to analyzing by the fans as always.

There is no NHL bias against the Canucks.

Anytime you lose your best goal scorer, it will cost you in the playoffs. No Daniel - no playoff run. It was a forgone conclusion that if Daniel was out for long enough then that would be the case.

Posted Image

"If a 6-foot-8 guy who can't skate asks to fight, you say no, then skate around him and score a goal."

#153 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Today's game was an embarrassment. I had to turn it off after two periods the officiating was so biased.

Bias is real.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#154 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,440 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Rome valuable? How so?

Please explain.

Hamhuis was injured in game one. Losing another defenseman was more than most teams could take. Plus he was physical enough to play well against the bruins. On another note, welcome to hockey.

What Plogue said.

If you don't understand how important Rome was on that team Spider I have to think you don't know much other than most goals wins the game. There's a lot more to playing hockey than scoring goals...like how to get to a point where you can score a goal.

I wouldn't be so blunt about it but you were kind of rude to the other guy who made a very good point.

Rome was valuable to the team during the finals against the Bruins. Do you really think that one hit "woke the bear" or does it make more sense that losing one of the only healthy D-men who could play physical among other things made a big difference.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#155 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

Rome, a valuably needed defenceman since Hamius got injured, was suspended for the rest of the playoffs for a hockey play/hit that was a fraction of a second late.

Boychuk delivers a hit to Raymond that was no where near the play or puck and gets no suspension or even penalty for breaking Raymond's back!

Keith delivers a hit on our best goal scorer in Daniel Sedin that was an obvious intent to injure and gets just 5 games while we lose Daniel for the rest of the season and all but one final game in the playoffs.

And now Hanson, a player who has no history of "dirty" or suspensions gets a game for trying to bat the puck out of the air.

NHL bias against the Canucks keeps on rolling.

Pathetic

It's Awesome that you are complaining about dirty plays and have bertuzzi as your avatar.

#156 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hamhuis was injured in game one. Losing another defenseman was more than most teams could take. Plus he was physical enough to play well against the bruins. On another note, welcome to hockey.

Then every defenseman = valuable. Low IQ

Any dumb defenseman can play physical, it's just how willing they are.

Posted Image

#157 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

What Plogue said.

If you don't understand how important Rome was on that team Spider I have to think you don't know much other than most goals wins the game. There's a lot more to playing hockey than scoring goals...like how to get to a point where you can score a goal.

I wouldn't be so blunt about it but you were kind of rude to the other guy who made a very good point.

Rome was valuable to the team during the finals against the Bruins. Do you really think that one hit "woke the bear" or does it make more sense that losing one of the only healthy D-men who could play physical among other things made a big difference.

Wait so you know how much more? You base this on?

You only claim you know.

Posted Image

#158 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

Canucks know better than to rely on reffing to win a game or complain during a game.

#159 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

AV should use the cameras better to argue calls..the replays will voice his criticism, every network does it...if he's not going to yell at the ref's like Keenan/Tortolla etc. he can say what we are all thinking about missed and bs calls.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.