The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Chevrolet SS Banned In Israel Because The "SS" Reminds Them Of The Nazis

Ugh no..? Why does it matter.

Two things don't always need to be correlated. The SS doesn't stand for the same thing.

GM shouldn't have to change the name at all they've had the SS name (Super Sport) has been a package on a lot of their cars since the 1961 Chevy Impala.

Time for sensitive oafs to get real. Sensitivity is what's ruining our society.

It's 2013 not 2001, I wonder if these pesky 'Muricans will ever realize that.

As Jews have vowed after the Holocaust "Never Forget".

And if you cannot appreciate how those initials are burned into the psyche of the Jewish people...

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" ~ George Santayana

I really don't see how it's much different other than Daffy lacking the deserved historical gravitas.

It's not like they named the car the "Chevrolet Hitler SS" with swastika stitching on the seats. It's stupid. I hate to think how many other things have double S initials that should also be banned from Isreal. Hell Scott Stevens better avoid ever visiting there lest he be run out of the country or worse!

I really don't see how it's much different other than Daffy lacking the deserved historical gravitas.

It's not like they named the car the "Chevrolet Hitler SS" with swastika stitching on the seats. It's stupid. I hate to think how many other things have double S initials that should also be banned from Isreal. Hell Scott Stevens better avoid ever visiting there lest he be run out of the country or worse!

Archived