The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why not try Higgins with the Sedins?

CanuckLeaf

Higgins has decent hands for a gritty guy, kinda like Kassian but he's a lot more consistent. I don't think his passing is as good as Burrows and Kassian but the Sedins have made tons of players worse than Higgins look good in the past. Higgins could be a gritty Burrows...which the 1st line could really use. Burrows would also be better for Kesler than Higgins.

This wouldn’t be a terrible lineup

Sedin - Sedin - Higgins

Burrows - Kesler - Kassian/Booth

Hansen - Schroeder - Raymond

Not a bad idea actually. The last time he played with a good playmaking centre was when he was still a Canadien and he was playing with Saku Koivu when he was in his prime. He had 28 goals that year, I believe, and Koivu had something like a 75 point season. He was a goal scorer once, but just lost his game and has found a niche as a checking line player now. Perhaps he could regain his goal scorer's touch if he had a chance with Henrik and Daniel. Probably won't happen though.

Higgins is not a power forward. Kassian is. I hate the fact that Vigneault took Kassian off the Sedin line. Burrows should play on the second line with Kesler (chemistry before) and Kassian should be up with the Sedins. Burrows is not a power forward, and he can't get rough with the opposing players like Kassian can, nor can he really stick up for them. The Sedins need a different element, not the same element to play with them, and that guy is Kassian. A power forward complementing two finesse players, that is a top first line.

Archived