The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Downtown Eastside Restaurant Target Of Protestors

DonLever

Of course that's ok.  It's called being conscientious.  If you actually believe in something do something about it.  If you don't have the intestinal fortitude to something then don't.  If he wants to get his restaurant going that's good on him.  If those that want to protest him are out there that is good on them..  All the people involved aren't just rolling over and taking it and that is fantastic.  Nothing wrong with what either of the two sides are doing here.

Yes - if the protest crosses over into harassment and sabotage. That's what s.1 of the Charter is for: it ensures that there are reasonable limits placed on Charter rights (i.e. they're not absolute).

I'm guessing you're talking about the injunction against abortion protesters in Toronto dating back to (I believe) 1994. Those protests could certainly be described as violent and dangerous - bomb threats, vandalism, arson threats, and, most notably, the fire bombing and destruction of a Toronto abortion clinic in 1992. I don't think these protests have reached the abortion clinic level yet.

Don't know...don't have any data to support one way or the other.

I do know a LOT of people who have the same/similar opinion though. So as anecdotal as it may be, I certainly know I'm not alone in my preference for an actual yard, more space, less people, less noise, less "hustle and bustle" etc, etc...

Archived