Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Guys, a head shot is a head shot

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

Look at the following examples from the past couple of weeks...intentional or not, the league cracked down on headshots because it's a serious issue

wait... so none of these guys got suspended? :rolleyes:

ok so surely one of these got a suspension then?

what? these guys didnt get a suspension either???

OK, I guess Honey Badger deserves to be suspended because his deadly head shot was clearly much more malicious than the above examples

WAKE UP NHL AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$!!!

Edited by CanucksJay, 21 February 2013 - 04:11 AM.

#2 NZCanuck

NZCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

I wish it wasn't so hard to argue with facts :sadno:

Good post, I'm still in shock that he got suspended. The consistency in the NHL is disgusting.

#3 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

At first I was like: "Yep, 1-game, that seems about right." Then I thought about Giordano getting just a fine for that blatant slew-foot as just one example. The consistency is this league is pretty appalling.

2dgqi51.jpgfcvifc.jpg
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 and Discord for the signatures.

#4 randsy44

randsy44

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

I don't understand why the Canucks always get the short end of the stick when it comes to matters like this....

Case in point, Keith elbows Sedin and gets 5 games; if it was any Canucks d-man elbowing Toews or Kane, it's much more than a 5 game suspension. <--Take into account the Rome incident. Yeah it was 1 or 1.5 seconds late but did it deserve the suspension he got? Hell no! Raymond gets his fu**ing back broken and there's no suspension?!?!

Another thing: Canucks players hit someone, we're called malicious....if our player gets hit, we get called pu**ies.

Deep down, I really want to believe that hossa was embellishing...I mean look how motionless he was laying on the ice and then he gets up and "with assistance from the trainers" leaves...that fu**er must've gotten a bullet to the head from Hansen's concealed revolver to justify his motionless state.

F**k you NHL, Chicago, Shanahan, and Bettman

Edited by randsy44, 21 February 2013 - 03:41 AM.

#5 Alexander 7he Great

Alexander 7he Great

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Some people really don't want to see the Canucks win a cup... It all starts from the head, Gary Bettman, that bloody weasel. It's all about the money...

#6 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:40 AM

Malkin should've got something and Hansen maybe a fine, other than that I don't agree with your examples as there were fines 2 levied and I'm ok with that.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#7 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Whatever, let it go. Nothing we can do about it now.

#8 CanucksJay

CanucksJay

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Malkin should've got something and Hansen maybe a fine, other than that I don't agree with your examples as there were fines 2 levied and I'm ok with that.

Lol
Sure, Hansen's "flying elbow" was definitely much more malicious than Setagouchi's crosscheck to the face of Quincey or Schenn's hit from behind while driving his forearm into the back of Gallagher's head into the boards...
In fact, it was also worse than Gio slew footing Rousseau with an intentional dirty play

You already admitted that Malkin's was worse

so I guess that only leaves Lucic and Cooke's hit as questionable?

4 out of 6 is not bad eh???

#9 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Lol
Sure, Hansen's "flying elbow" was definitely much more malicious than Setagouchi's crosscheck to the face of Quincey or Schenn's hit from behind while driving his forearm into the back of Gallagher's head into the boards...
In fact, it was also worse than Gio slew footing Rousseau with an intentional dirty play

You already admitted that Malkin's was worse

so I guess that only leaves Lucic and Cooke's hit as questionable?

4 out of 6 is not bad eh???

Lucics wasn't bad. I just saw the clip for the first time expecting to see something and there just isn't.

Cooke's was unfortunate, that's all.

Malkin got away with murder.

Edited by hudson bay rules, 21 February 2013 - 04:51 AM.

I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#10 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

then why didn't Shanny suspend Bollig for his 2 smacks to the head on Weise, before Weise even knew he was going to be in a fight??

#11 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,667 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Look at the following examples from the past couple of weeks...intentional or not, the league cracked down on headshots because it's a serious issue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-uzfKABMpw

If the refs were doing their job perhaps it wouldn't have happened. Staal slashes Malkin twice then crosschecks him to the ice. I don't blame Malkin for chopping back. He should have received some punishment all the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwFyAHyf4AE

Point of impact = shoulder to shoulder. So why even include this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JfieVDKNzo

He was fined.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8EBefXRWU

wait... so none of these guys got suspended? :rolleyes:

He didn't target the head. Looks like a play you see all the time to me.

ok so surely one of these got a suspension then?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfusNjOUTIM

Given the maximum fine. Why include this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyfTzunzrUk

what? these guys didnt get a suspension either???

What exactly did Cooke do that was illegal? It was a run of the mill hit that went badly. Same with it happening twice to Bieksa. At least stick to head shots for Gods sake.

OK, I guess Honey Badger deserves to be suspended because his deadly head shot was clearly much more malicious than the above examples

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNxZaYKD7z4

WAKE UP NHL AND GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR A$$!!!

I have no problem with a one game. A fine may of been more appropriate.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#12 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

I don`t think Giordano was worse than Hansen, I think what he got was fair, same with Hansen. As for the Lucic hit, how is that a suspension or even a penalty really? I dislike lucic as much as the next guy, but there was no targeting of the head in that play, Nash`s head just hit the glass. Some of Lucic`s other hits apparently....

Also malkin was a bit worse in my opinion but still not as bad, didn`t give anyone a concussion lol. At first I was like no way Hansen gets anything, but in the back of my mind I knew it was a little reckless. If you watch Shanahans video I think he explains it quite well about the closed hand thing and the timing. It was probably a last minute change of mind when he couldn`t get the pick, and decided to play the man, and unfortunately his arm was up and hit him in the head.

One game seems fair to me, its not a big deal. Its only a big deal because idiot fans from other teams are making a big deal out of it

No videos in sig please. 

#13 pianoman13

pianoman13

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

I don't understand why the Canucks always get the short end of the stick when it comes to matters like this....

Case in point, Keith elbows Sedin and gets 5 games; if it was any Canucks d-man elbowing Toews or Kane, it's much more than a 5 game suspension. <--Take into account the Rome incident. Yeah it was 1 or 1.5 seconds late but did it deserve the suspension he got? Hell no! Raymond gets his fu**ing back broken and there's no suspension?!?!

Another thing: Canucks players hit someone, we're called malicious....if our player gets hit, we get called pu**ies.

Deep down, I really want to believe that hossa was embellishing...I mean look how motionless he was laying on the ice and then he gets up and "with assistance from the trainers" leaves...that fu**er must've gotten a bullet to the head from Hansen's concealed revolver to justify his motionless state.

F**k you NHL, Chicago, Shanahan, and Bettman

Interesting stat. Last year the most suspentions were comitted against us. This seems to go against your little theory that players arent suspended against us. Also, we were the only team in the regular season without a suspension or a fine. The ONLY one. How are we targetted by the NHL? This in fact shows the opposite. I am not saying there are some questionable decisions, but they go for all teams, we just get suspended less than other teams.

No videos in sig please. 

#14 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,449 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Unreal Malkin gets nothing...don't forget he almost ended Willie Mitchell's career...
The league may forget to discipline him or turn a blind eye to his dirty plays because he's a superstar in crosbytown, but the players don't forget....
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#15 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,251 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.