Vancouver Canucks (8-3-4) vs. Dallas Stars (8-7-1)
Season Series: 0-1-0
Last Meeting: 3-4 L (FEB.15.13)
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040
Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Zack Kassian
Mason Raymond - Jordan Schroeder - David Booth
Aaron Volpatti - Maxim Lapierre - Dale Weise
Kevin Bieksa- Dan Hamhuis
Alex Edler- Christopher Tanev
Keith Ballard- Jason Garrison
Morrow - Benn - Jagr
Smith - Roy - Eriksson
Roussel - Eakin - Ryder
Dillon - Robidas
Rome - Goligoski
Benn - Larsen
Keys to the Game
The Canucks Win If...
- They avoid an emotional letdown. There isn't as much hype for this contest compared to their emotionally-charged affair against the Blackhawks on Tuesday but that can't be an excuse not to put their best foot forward. The fact they lost on Tuesday should preclude that from happening.
- They use revenge as a motivating factor. The Stars spoiled a special night at Rogers Arena six days ago and embarrassed the Canucks by battling all the way back from a 3-1 deficit to steal a win. The Canucks should be fired up to return the favour tonight.
- They tighten their defensive zone coverage. The Canucks simply can't afford to get into a track meet with the Stars and give up breakaways and odd-man rushes left and right while surrendering over 40 shots as they did to the Blackhawks on Tuesday.
The Stars Win If...
- They continue to spread the scoring around. Dallas has scored three-or-more goals in seven consecutive outings and it isn't Benn, Jagr, Eriksson or Ryder doing all the work. In the last four games, the Stars have gotten goals from the likes of Nystrom, Garbutt, Eakin, Smith and Roussell among others.
- Nilstorp steals a game. Dallas' third-string netminder will get a chance to strut his stuff against one of the top offences in the league in what will be just his third career NHL game. He's still searching for his first career win.
- They shut down the twins. Vancouver's top line of the Sedin twins and Alex Burrows has been on fire since their meeting with the Stars six nights ago combining for four goals and 14 points in the last three outings.
Lets get a bounce back win against the Stars! Couldn't have asked for a better time to do it. A backup of a backup goalie, time for some sedinery.
Edited by pwnstar, 21 February 2013 - 02:26 PM.