The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marian Hossa makes miracle recovery, practicing with Blackhawks.

Uhh... Yes they can actually. Divers/whiners/wimps = Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo, Lapierre. Cheapshot artists/goons = Hansen, Bieksa, Weise, Hamhuis. Come to think of it, several of these guys could be put in both categories. So basically your argument has no merit whatsoever and is based upon nothing other than pathological homer bias.

Also, you didn't answer the question. What would Hossa have to gain by sitting out the third period of a close game aginst the Hawks arch rivals if he was not injured? do you honestly believe that the Hawks best player would fake an injury and give the Canucks a major advantage in the game - when he was a goal away from a hattrick no less - just for the possibility of getting one of the Canucks' bottom 6 grinders suspended for one game against another team in February?

I pose the same question to you as the previous poster. Why would a marquee superstar like Hossa fake an injury to get a dime a dozen scrub like Hansen suspended for one game in February? the Canucks very nearly came back to win thanks to Hossa's absence. Do you think Hossa and the Hawks would have considered squandering a victory against their arch rivals a reasonable trade off for helping Dallas gain a minor advantage in the Canucks' next game?

Also, have you ever been any sort of athlete or had a concussion? I'm guessing no and no. Concussions are a complex medical condition which are still very much a mystery. There are no concrete "rules" about what can or cannot cause symptoms to reoccur or fade. Hossa felt shaky after Hansen drove his forearm/elbow into the back of his head, so the Hawks medical staff had him sit out the rest of the game as so not to risk re-aggravating his concussion any further. Simple as that.

I realize that Canucks fans hate the Hawks and are very bitter about losing to them, but that does not mean there is a leaguewide conspiracy against the Canucks or that the Hawks had to have broken the rules somehow. Sometimes you just get beat.

Also out of curiosity, how did you get to be a mod on this site? serious question.

Seriously? I got to be a mod by contributing to the site in a way that follows the rules and guidelines - you should try it sometime.

Here, I'll fill you in a bit about my history, since you've asked - I was a BCRPA fitness instructor prior to sustaining a serious back injury slalom water skiing. In that certification, I had to complete fairly extensive medical training and cpr. Plus, I've had a serious concussion in the past.

And I normally wouldn't do this "in thread" like this, however, when you slam our team like you have, I feel that I owe it to my fellow members to let them know you won't be doing so any longer.

Why are there blackhawk fans on this board ? I don't have an account at any other nhl message board....Seems kinda stupid.

They are currently on hiatus - some will be returning later (on a short leash), some others will not be.

WITH THAT: a note to fans visiting from other sites...we welcome you here and enjoy a change in perspective and opinion. However, when you become embroiled in argument with fans of the Canucks, keep in mind that this site is for them (us), first and foremost and because of that, opinions favouring the Canucks will prevail. I wouldn't expect anything less on another teams' site (such as the Blackhawks), which is why I don't go there. If you can't keep it in check and feel the need to force your opinion here, we will be helping in that.

I'm surprised that this thread has lingered on for so long, but then again seeing as it is about a Blackhawk/Canuck issue maybe not. After reading through all of the posts ( painful to do ) what I can surmise from the negative posts from Canuck fans ( once I remove the obvious reactionary posts ) is that their concern is that Hansen now has a record which will effect him going forward.

Though this is true I really don't think it is as big a deal as for example another player who has received a 3 or 5 game suspension.

1 game is the minimum and if graded against all the other players in the NHL who have had suspensions Hansen would be at the very bottom of the list. Hansen is the only Canuck with a record now am I right? And it is only a 1 game suspension. This would put the Canucks at the bottom of the naughty list league wide regarding having players with records would it not?

So what is there to complain about ... really ... in the scheme of things the Canucks are doing pretty much alright. As some of your own fans have mentioned on this thread the whining and complaining is at times over the top. Having had lived in Vancouver for 20 plus years my 2c : the constant lack of sun during the winter months in lovely Vancouver does have an effect on the collective psyche of the people. Makes them a little more grumpy .. that's all. So go out and buy one of those lights and read a nice novel beside it for an hour every day and enjoy!

it's funny to see all these accusations from the same people who were blasting "Dr. Recchi" a while back. be consistent, at least.

hossa got his bell rung, without getting a concussion, and was able to return to normal in the days following the hit. how is that so unbelievable? he's down for about ten seconds or less before the trainer is out there, and the first thing the trainer probably says is 'don't move', which is the prudent thing to do (as i'm sure any cpr/athletic training certified person around here can attest to). he stayed out of the rest of the game, which is also the smart thing to do considering his history. the coach said he seemed to be ok after the game (if they wanted to milk a suspension, why would he ever say that?).

i just don't see the logic behind him faking it.

also, even if a short suspension was unwarranted (which by the way the whole world disagrees with) it's not like Hansen's 'repeat offender' record is now going to plague the rest of his career haha, it's not that bad.

it's funny to see all these accusations from the same people who were blasting "Dr. Recchi" a while back. be consistent, at least.

hossa got his bell rung, without getting a concussion, and was able to return to normal in the days following the hit. how is that so unbelievable? he's down for about ten seconds or less before the trainer is out there, and the first thing the trainer probably says is 'don't move', which is the prudent thing to do (as i'm sure any cpr/athletic training certified person around here can attest to). he stayed out of the rest of the game, which is also the smart thing to do considering his history. the coach said he seemed to be ok after the game (if they wanted to milk a suspension, why would he ever say that?).

i just don't see the logic behind him faking it.

also, even if a short suspension was unwarranted (which by the way the whole world disagrees with) it's not like Hansen's 'repeat offender' record is now going to plague the rest of his career haha, it's not that bad.

Aaaaannnndddd that is the incomprehensibly ridiculous and hilarious and sad and cringe inducing ramblings of the typical delusional Canucks homer that I was waiting for. I've heard it countless times, yet it never ceases to amaze me.

No one has labeled Hossa a diver other than that sorry group of individuals whom no one takes seriously in the slightest.

It's all right there in the video, Hansen leans and reaches over Hossa's shoulder and forces his elbow into his head, there is absolutely no way you can watch the video and see anything else, yet you still somehow find ways to deny the purest and most undeniable form of proof.

What the hell is the problem up there in Vancouver... no other fanbases have such a large percentage of incomprehensibly delusional homers who genuinely believe their team can do no wrong and that any call by a referee or decision by the league that does not favor their team means there is a conspiracy. Not to even mention the riots. Is it something in the water? or perhaps the depressing grey skies and rain all winter long? did a nuclear power plant blow up in the vicinity some time in the past 30-40 years?

God help you all.

Aaaaannnndddd that is the incomprehensibly ridiculous and hilarious and sad and cringe inducing ramblings of the typical delusional Canucks homer that I was waiting for. I've heard it countless times, yet it never ceases to amaze me.

No one has labeled Hossa a diver other than that sorry group of individuals whom no one takes seriously in the slightest.

It's all right there in the video, Hansen leans and reaches over Hossa's shoulder and forces his elbow into his head, there is absolutely no way you can watch the video and see anything else, yet you still somehow find ways to deny the purest and most undeniable form of proof.

What the hell is the problem up there in Vancouver... no other fanbases have such a large percentage of incomprehensibly delusional homers who genuinely believe their team can do no wrong and that any call by a referee or decision by the league that does not favor their team means there is a conspiracy. Not to even mention the riots. Is it something in the water? or perhaps the depressing grey skies and rain all winter long? did a nuclear power plant blow up in the vicinity some time in the past 30-40 years?

God help you all.

Archived