Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Marian Hossa makes miracle recovery, practicing with Blackhawks.

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#61 Nashi

Nashi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:58 PM

He should win the Oscar for diving

Edited by debluvscanucks, 21 February 2013 - 05:14 PM.

canucks141.png

#62 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

People are forgetting that the league already let Hansen off the hook at the beginning of the season, when he clearly pushed a ref out of his way. Intent or not, if the league was "out to get the Canucks", they could have easily given him a suspension for that.

I'm pretty sure if that event didn't happen, this meeting would have been just a warning, or a fine. Regardless of it not being malicious or causing injury, this was Hansen's second reckless play in a month against the "untouchables" (officials and superstars). Of course the league is going to address it.

pretty sure when Hansen pushed the ref it was not up to the league to punish him unless the refs made a complaint and they apparently had a ref meeting after the game and decided not to go after him with the league.
Release The KraKassian
Posted Image

#63 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

POPULAR

To the visitors here from Chicago, we're talking about Hossa, who was involved in the incident.

Kesler was not. So tread lightly, you're on a Canucks fan site and aren't here to talk smack. Are you?

Which brings me to my next point (that isn't from a mod's perspective):

People are quick to throw out "if it was a Canuck lying on the ice....blah, blah, blah". It wasn't. And sure as hell we'd be called out for it if that Canuck was cleared and out on the ice a day and a half later. We've had to put up with our players being called for dives, embellishing, etc. so be damned if I'll be told I can't do it when other players are guilty. What goes around comes around.

I scream bloody murder when it's warranted - like when our guys have their backs broken with no call as the opposing fans jeer him. Things like that. The reason Canucks fans cry out so much is because we're given reason to. When that changes, everything will. Not holding my breath. Not whining (I find those whining about our so called whining are worse), just stating facts.

Posted Image

#64 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

when did they EVER say Hossa had a concussion. the hit could have just dazed him and was pulled from the game for precautionary reasons since the hawks were already up 3-1 at that point...

the hawks never commented about it....

come on guys...give your head a shake.

hansen got 1 game for a reckless play...get over it and move on.

I don't know that anyone said he was concussed. But the suspension was based on injury to Hossa. An injury to the head usually doesn't mean a dislocated head, or a sprained brain. Or a torn cerebellum.
Usually it's a concussion. And if it's an injury to the head it is very serious and you don't recover 36 hours later.
I get what you're saying, but it's splitting hairs. A serious injury was inferred, a punishment was dealt based on that assessment, and then the injured player made an unusually speedy recovery, suggesting the injury maybe wasn't really an injury so much as an inconvenience. So Hossa sold the call. It's not a federal offense. It's just poor sportsmanship. It's tantamount to diving/flopping/embellishing and it has no place in pro sports.
In the mean time, Hansen misses a game. Not the end of the world, but more a matter of principle.
Yes, some have been a bit hyperbolic. So what?

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#65 L'Orange

L'Orange

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

POPULAR

Marian Hossa played up the incident obviously. If you add in the truly pathetic officiating courtesy of the NHL and Toews being the whiner we all know he is, it makes sense.

Any fan of the Blackhawks is a wanker, pure and simple.
Posted Image

#66 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I think the Hawks made a mockery of the NHL by allowing Hossa to show up for practice.

#67 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

To the visitors here from Chicago, we're talking about Hossa, who was involved in the incident.

Kesler was not. So tread lightly, you're on a Canucks fan site and aren't here to talk smack. Are you?

Which brings me to my next point (that isn't from a mod's perspective):

People are quick to throw out "if it was a Canuck lying on the ice....blah, blah, blah". It wasn't. And sure as hell we'd be called out for it if that Canuck was cleared and out on the ice a day and a half later. We've had to put up with our players being called for dives, embellishing, etc. so be damned if I'll be told I can't do it when other players are guilty. What goes around comes around.

I scream bloody murder when it's warranted - like when our guys have their backs broken with no call as the opposing fans jeer him. Things like that. The reason Canucks fans cry out so much is because we're given reason to. When that changes, everything will. Not holding my breath. Not whining (I find those whining about our so called whining are worse), just stating facts.

I wish I could plus you more. :P

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#68 Mustapha

Mustapha

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,923 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

lol wow

it's not the severity of the injury Hansen is getting punished on. It's the fact that Hansen just blatantly elbowed Hossa

^ Unbiased opinion from the Flames cheerleader.
Posted Image

What are you talking about? The Flames are one of the teams that gets good value contracts

#69 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:37 PM

His interview with TSN made him look like a little girl.

Posted Image

#70 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

Common sense on CDC? Surely you must have meant that Hossa is a big fat phoney and the NHL conspires against the Canucks at every opportunity. Also, Marchand and the Bruins had to have been involved in this somehow.

Well you know :D, every once in awhile, you have to bust out some stuff that makes sense...otherwise, all people here on the CDC hear from you is yada yada yada followed up with some blah blah blah.

On another subject -- did anyone notice a new rat on the Hawks emerging in Andrew Shaw? Did anyone notice how Shaw "the Rodent" submarined Kes while the two were making their way to their respective benches? Classic Marchand move Shaw pulled on our boy Kes. No call on Shaw...oh no...we have a conspiracy on our hands.

Edited by disisdayear, 21 February 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#71 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

Really wonder if the NHL is unimpressed with the Hawks now. You don't overtly manipulate them into suspending someone solely because of an injury only to come out right after and go "Magically he's fine! Oh well, F Hansen and thanks for being so gullible NHL!". Doesn't matter what team you are, that's not going to go over well.

#72 Apples

Apples

Rarity

• Members
  • 24,064 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

lol wow

it's not the severity of the injury Hansen is getting punished on. It's the fact that Hansen just blatantly elbowed Hossa

"Injury" was one of the key points that resulted in Hansen's suspension

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#73 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,910 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

And Hossa used to be one of the blackhawks I liked. Not anymore. I bet Kane wouldn't even pull a stunt like this.

Someone needs to put that team away already.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#74 canucks.bradley

canucks.bradley

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

I don't know that anyone said he was concussed. But the suspension was based on injury to Hossa. An injury to the head usually doesn't mean a dislocated head, or a sprained brain. Or a torn cerebellum.
Usually it's a concussion. And if it's an injury to the head it is very serious and you don't recover 36 hours later.
I get what you're saying, but it's splitting hairs. A serious injury was inferred, a punishment was dealt based on that assessment, and then the injured player made an unusually speedy recovery, suggesting the injury maybe wasn't really an injury so much as an inconvenience. So Hossa sold the call. It's not a federal offense. It's just poor sportsmanship. It's tantamount to diving/flopping/embellishing and it has no place in pro sports.
In the mean time, Hansen misses a game. Not the end of the world, but more a matter of principle.
Yes, some have been a bit hyperbolic. So what?

okay yea i get where you are coming from with that. i will give hossa the benefit of the doubt here because (and i could be wrong here so dont quote me) I don't think hossa is that type of player to fake an injury and show poor sportsmanship. we are not talking about bolland, (and former burrish, eager, ladd etc). none of us know how hossa felt after the hit. he could have been a bit dazed...have you ever had a concussion or been smacked in the back of the head with an elbow pad? yes there is a helmet, but there is still an impact and vibration.

the league has to figure this out. i for one would like to see a penalty for any hit to the head, but thats just me.

am I a die hard hawks fan? no, so im not trolling... i was on this board since 07. I just like toews and kane - whom is playing amazing this season. sorry if that offends anyone, but since burrish, eager, byfuglin, and ladd are not there, I can't really hate the hawks.

and at any rate, if this was reversed, and shaw hit sedin by accident, I kid you not this board would be calling for 5+ games
Posted Image
3000th post - September, 2010

K guys I nd hlp fast. Im @ a girls I rly like & txtng from my iphone. I did a #2 in the bathroom and it plugged, water is almost overflowing toilet. Srsly I dunno wut 2 do somebody help!

Watch Bowness somehow mess up Tampa Bay's already amazing 2 powerplay units...he'll probably tell Stamkos to do drop passes from centre ice, take him out from the faceoff dot, and place him infront of the goalie :lol:

#75 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

I'm fine with the 1 game, tbh it was what I was expecting.

The problem I have is Hossa lying on the ice as if he got shot and making it seem like he got railed again. Whatever happened to the mantra of playing until you literally cannot get up under your own strength, how many bambi leg players have we seen? Heck even by example, the player who blocked Garrison's first shot on his goal tonight, obviously in pain but still attempts to get up to play, not just lie on the ice like a dead fish.

And I've had concussions playing hockey so I know what it's like, still do what you can to either get off the ice or contribute to the play, you don't flop on the ice unless you literally cannot move.

#76 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

If a Sedin or Kesler had done this, everyone would just say he dived.

They would also be out on the first power play unit after the penalty was called; Hossa missed the rest of a game where he was gunning for a hat trick. Oh and by the way Kesler did get a diving (actually "embellishment") penalty in his third game back now didn't he?

#77 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,100 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I sure hope his helmet's okay... wait something happened to Hossa?

Can't wait for this Sunday, finally get to see who's the better actor, the Hoss in this case or Brad Marchand for "I was protecting myself" in "Submarining Salo" (yes I still dislike him for that)

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#78 Bure1994Mclean

Bure1994Mclean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,786 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:22 AM

That's the problem with assigning punishment based on injury, often times teams will just do exactly this and keep the guy in the locker room for the rest of the game and not talk about his condition for a day or so just to feign the image of an injury that's much worse than it is. Ironically, if they truly were assigning the punishment based on the injury for this case Hansen probably wouldn't necessitate a punishment.

Edited by Bure1994Mclean, 22 February 2013 - 02:22 AM.

OMG SUNDIN.

The word fear is not in our dictionary, it is in the eyes of the enemy.

The objective of war is not to die for your country, it is to make the enemy die for theirs.

One generation plants the trees, the other gets the shade.

#79 DSVII

DSVII

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:47 AM

Glad Hossa's fine, but the league got played here. Not holding my breath that this changes anything

"The Canucks, are like North America, many of us have it so much better than others around the world or NHL, and we don't properly appreciate what we have."

"If Canucks fans hate Mason Raymond so bad, then you should have said something before the trade deadline! Because the Leafs would have totally taken him. I mean, can he score? Can he play a HINT of defense? WE'LL TAKE HIM! WE'LL TAKE TWO!"

- Steve Dangle (Leafs Fan Reaction - youtube)

#80 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:13 AM

Miracle I tell ya. This HAS to be the first time in the history of the NHL that a player was taken out of one game, and still played the next. Unheard of!!!

#81 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,206 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:55 AM

Wow... all of a sudden Canucks fans are mimicking Dr. Recchi.

If you think that Chicago left their best player off the ice in a close game when he was chasing a hat trick.... JUST to possibly get one of our 3rd liners a 1 game suspension, you are pathetic and deserving of scorn.

Hossa has a serious history of concussion... he got clipped pretty good in the head, the trainers did exactly what they are mandated to BY THE LEAGUE in putting him in the quiet room for the rest of the game.

They kept an eye on him for a day or two to see if any symptoms flared up during exertion in practice... he seems fine to play. I am quite sure that Shanahan knows a lot more about Hossa's medical condition than you do.

Complain about the lack of consistency in discipline in the league, but don't make up dumb conspiracy theories that don't even make any logical sense.

quiet room protocol is 5 min, not the entire rest of the game.

#82 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,204 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

I wouldn't call him lying on the ice a "dive". It's very possible that he felt dizzy or hazy after the Hansen hit, and the smartest thing is to stay still, not get up and keep playing. Of all people, Hossa would know this best.

Of course that dizziness can pass, and probably did by the end of the game even, but the league have their "dark room" rule now where any player suspected of a concussion has to sit out for quite a while, so for precautionary reasons he was kept out of the game, even if he probably was fine.
Posted Image

#83 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,734 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

^ So, let's assume that was the case ("dizziness") - do you really think he should/would be right back out there? No. That's irresponsible and it's likely premature to be playing within the same week. I'm sure any doctor would want a period of safety that's more than a day or two before entering a contact activity if there'd been dizziness.

As to this:

Wow... all of a sudden Canucks fans are mimicking Dr. Recchi.

If you think that Chicago left their best player off the ice in a close game when he was chasing a hat trick.... JUST to possibly get one of our 3rd liners a 1 game suspension, you are pathetic and deserving of scorn.

Hossa has a serious history of concussion... he got clipped pretty good in the head, the trainers did exactly what they are mandated to BY THE LEAGUE in putting him in the quiet room for the rest of the game.

They kept an eye on him for a day or two to see if any symptoms flared up during exertion in practice... he seems fine to play. I am quite sure that Shanahan knows a lot more about Hossa's medical condition than you do.

Complain about the lack of consistency in discipline in the league, but don't make up dumb conspiracy theories that don't even make any logical

And if he's so fragile that he'll flop to the ice upon contact and have to have a day or two of observation, I really don't think he should be playing because it indicates they kept him off the ice because he's at risk, not injured. That's not a disciplinary thing involving others, that's his unfortunate deal. This isn't ping pong - it's a tough sport. Either you're fit/ready/cleared or you're not. If he's deemed to still be in a delicate, "precautionary" state, then he's obviously not ready for the full contact game he's being placed in - whether he's "the best" or not. Why did they have "their best" out there if he was at risk if contacted? Either you're concerned about a player's safety or you're not - you don't wait until after they're hurt (again) to make that declaration or take the safety stance - you be proactive in it. That's a team deal if they are sacrificing one of their best in finger crossing that he'll be ok should he make contact with someone, not the fault of others. That just means you've put the game before his interests. You don't think the fact that he was "their best" on the ice also contributed to the severity of the punishment?

No, I'm not a doctor, it's just common sense. You can't have your cake and eat it too by placing one of your best out there and then screaming that he requires special treatment because he's had a horrible injury. If he can't take contact, he shouldn't be playing. He becomes any other skater when he's out there, not someone that you have to be "careful" of/for and to even bring up his concussion past is irrelevant in assessing punishment to others - that's not their deal, it's his.

I laugh that you're calling out others for making observations, yet your second last line does exactly the same thing. So you were there? In the room with him? And you've decided that he "seems fine to play"?

If you don't see that the actions on the ice warranted an adequate period of "further assessment" that fits the dramatic, face down sprawl on the ice then you aren't looking hard enough. I hardly think he should be right back out there if there was such grave concern at the time. It indicates that he's delicate and at risk.

Posted Image

#84 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:06 AM

I can't wait to see if Hossa get hit harder than Hansen's from any other team, if he spring back up right away... That's going to show that he really did embellished it big time.

#85 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

Definite lock for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#86 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:10 AM

lol wow

Before you throw around words like "blatantly", ensure you know what they mean ..

blaPosted Imagetant·ly adv.
Usage Note: It is not surprising that blatant and flagrant are often confused, since the words have overlapping meanings. Both attribute conspicuousness and offensiveness to certain acts. Blatant emphasizes the failure to conceal the act. Flagrant, on the other hand, emphasizes the serious wrongdoing inherent in the offense. Certain contexts may admit either word depending on what is meant: a violation of human rights might be either blatant or flagrant. If it was committed with contempt for public scrutiny, it is blatant. If its barbarity was monstrous, it is flagrant. · Blatant is sometimes used to mean simply "obvious," as in the blatant danger of such an approach, but this use has not been established and is widely considered an error

Your arse is hanging in the breeze, laddie ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#87 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,800 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

I laugh that you're calling out others for making observations, yet your second last line does exactly the same thing. So you were there? In the room with him? And you've decided that he "seems fine to play"?

I made my statements based on what was stated to have happened by actual people involved... not by making up stuff I want to be true and based on assumptions that I invented myself. That is quite different than what most of you folks are doing.

By your logic, anyone with less than perfect health shouldn't be playing hockey. Maybe we should hold out Bieksa because his skin seems to fragile and he gets cut too often by skates! We would have to end the careers of any player that has had concussion history because you are most certainly at greater risk once you have had one.

I don't see anywhere that Chicago asked for special treatment for their player. Neutral broadcasters immediately jumped on the topic and were split about whether a suspension should happen. all of them said it should have been at least a penalty. No one looked at the slow motion replay and suggested that Hossa was faking it or embellishing.

There is no realistic motivation for them to pull Hossa from the game unless they were worried about his health. You simply don't take out your best player (who is playing like a beast that game) out just to cause a bottom end player from the opposition to "possibly" get supplementary discipline that would keep him out of a later game that you aren't involved with.

You talk about common sense... what sense is there for Chicago to do this?

As for keeping him out longer... he had not actually yet been clear to play (at least not as of last night) but was practicing.

Throw out any issues of intent, there is video proof that Hossa got a good whack in the back of the head. That hurts by the way. Chicago pulled him from the game where a DOCTOR (as per head shot protocol) saw him in the dressing room. A decision was made after the LEAGUE MANDATED 15 minute observation period to keep him from the game. These are not my own made up opinions... these things have empirical proof... we know the concussion protocol and that he did not return to the game.

The next steps are to see how he was feeling the next morning and if there were concussion symptoms. There are fairly thorough tests to do to compare against your baseline (which all NHL athletes had to have done). If he doesn't have concussion symptoms, then you allow him to do exertion, which is the next level to see if it brings on symptoms. I have no idea whether they tested him out on the bike or let him go directly to practice... doesn't particularly matter. If still no symptoms, then you get the go ahead for contact and/or playing,

You logic that because he was lying on the ice and was dizzy for half an hour then HE MUST be concussed so seriously that he should miss a few games is simply false. One does not equal the other.

Like I said before, argue about the league's crappy consistency when it comes to discipline... but arguing that Hossa was faking it is doing the exact thing that you do despise Recchi for. Inventing your own definition of what medical conditions are and then making arguments based on those false definitions.

Edited by Provost, 22 February 2013 - 09:24 AM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#88 Snake Doctor

Snake Doctor

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,752 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

His interview with TSN made him look like a little girl.

I KNOW!
Posted Image

#89 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,312 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

I made my statements based on what was stated to have happened by actual people involved... not by making up stuff I want to be true and based on assumptions that I invented myself. That is quite different than what most of you folks are doing.

By your logic, anyone with less than perfect health shouldn't be playing hockey. Maybe we should hold out Bieksa because his skin seems to fragile and he gets cut too often by skates! We would have to end the careers of any player that has had concussion history because you are most certainly at greater risk once you have had one.

I don't see anywhere that Chicago asked for special treatment for their player. Neutral broadcasters immediately jumped on the topic and were split about whether a suspension should happen. all of them said it should have been at least a penalty. No one looked at the slow motion replay and suggested that Hossa was faking it or embellishing.

There is no realistic motivation for them to pull Hossa from the game unless they were worried about his health. You simply don't take out your best player (who is playing like a beast that game) out just to cause a bottom end player from the opposition to "possibly" get supplementary discipline that would keep him out of a later game that you aren't involved with.

You talk about common sense... what sense is there for Chicago to do this?

As for keeping him out longer... he had not actually yet been clear to play (at least not as of last night) but was practicing.

Throw out any issues of intent, there is video proof that Hossa got a good whack in the back of the head. That hurts by the way. Chicago pulled him from the game where a DOCTOR (as per head shot protocol) saw him in the dressing room. A decision was made after the LEAGUE MANDATED 15 minute observation period to keep him from the game. These are not my own made up opinions... these things have empirical proof... we know the concussion protocol and that he did not return to the game.

The next steps are to see how he was feeling the next morning and if there were concussion symptoms. There are fairly thorough tests to do to compare against your baseline (which all NHL athletes had to have done). If he doesn't have concussion symptoms, then you allow him to do exertion, which is the next level to see if it brings on symptoms. I have no idea whether they tested him out on the bike or let him go directly to practice... doesn't particularly matter. If still no symptoms, then you get the go ahead for contact and/or playing,

You logic that because he was lying on the ice and was dizzy for half an hour then HE MUST be concussed so seriously that he should miss a few games is simply false. One does not equal the other.

Like I said before, argue about the league's crappy consistency when it comes to discipline... but arguing that Hossa was faking it is doing the exact thing that you do despise Recchi for. Inventing your own definition of what medical conditions are and then making arguments based on those false definitions.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#90 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,876 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

That's the problem with assigning punishment based on injury, often times teams will just do exactly this and keep the guy in the locker room for the rest of the game and not talk about his condition for a day or so just to feign the image of an injury that's much worse than it is. Ironically, if they truly were assigning the punishment based on the injury for this case Hansen probably wouldn't necessitate a punishment.

But after the game, Quennville was asked about Hossa and he said something along the lines of "we think he's fine, but we'll know more tomorrow." That doesn't rule out any issues, but it was some evidence the Hawks didn't feel he was injured in any way by the hit, but rather just shaken up.

Miracle I tell ya. This HAS to be the first time in the history of the NHL that a player was taken out of one game, and still played the next. Unheard of!!!

I feel like you haven't done your due diligence in researching that... :ph34r:

quiet room protocol is 5 min, not the entire rest of the game.

I thought it was 10 minutes?

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.