Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Marian Hossa makes miracle recovery, practicing with Blackhawks.

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#151 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:19 AM

Next Winter Classic should be in Chicago and the Nucks vs Blackhawks and have them do a 24/7 on that rivalry...its time

Do you think Hossa could handle the strain of all those bright lights? ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#152 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

Stop worrying about what other fans think of us and our city.

Oh, I'm not worried, I'm just saying. If I was truly worried I wouldn't be a Canucks fan. What I would want though, is if we try and show our classiness instead of always being the whiny complaining fans that we are.
Posted Image

#153 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,455 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Provost: Hossa's own words: "Like I said, I was a little shaky right after the hit".

A little shakey does NOT = injury.

Yes is does. He also said he didn't feel right for about an hour. Anything bad enough to take you out of the game like that is an injury.

Ok, I think you're both talking about slightly different things.

Deb's perspective is the injury we're talking about whether or not Hossa had is related to his head. Even with Hossa' admission of feeling shaky and not feeling right for half an hour after the game, he was cleared by the Hawks medical staff which you'd think they wouldn't do if there was any risk considering his injury history and the type of hit it was. The end result is she believes Hossa was taken out as a precautionary measure, but then they deemed that overkill by allowing him back to regular practice the day after.

Provost's perspective is looking at the more general definition of an injury. Certainly, that gives some leeway and is a fairly subjective line as to where an injury starts and one ends. In any single contact, you may feel soreness but that doesn't necessarily constitute an injury. His Hamhuis example is a good one though, where he had hurt his finger but did continue to play. The Canucks medical staff followed the appropriate treatment of icing it and perhaps taping it for more support since it wasn't likely broken.

Where does Hossa fall in all this? What should his treatment have been if he was injured? If he was not?

If he wasn't injured, he'd likely come back and play after the mandatory quiet room evaluation. He didn't return for the rest of the game, and as he felt shaky immediately after and not quite himself for the next half hour or more, I'd say he's injured by Provost's definition.

But Deb's definition also applies, since although the Hawk's medical staff kept him out of that game, they didn't start into the recommended concussion recovery protocol and went back into regular practice the next day (albeit with more testing from what we understand). If there was an actual injury to the head - or more to the point, the Hawks' medical staff felt there was - then he would have had a day off to check for symptoms or at the very least minimal exercise rather than a full practice to see if symptoms returned.

So, did the Hawks feel he did have an injury but are ignoring the recommended recovery protocol? Or did they feel he didn't have an injury despite Hossa's own words after the hit and cleared him to resume regular play after precautionary testing?

Edited by elvis15, 24 February 2013 - 12:12 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#154 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Lost all respect for Hossa. What a diver.

#155 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

Actor of the year award is a tie between Robidas and Hossa.

#156 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

For me it comes down to this: If Hossa was "injured," meaning he had any kind of physical reason to be physically "shaken" that should be taken seriously as a possible indication of another head injury and he should be going through the elective protocol most teams have adopted with head injuries, i.e. progressing through each of these stages as symptoms do not reoccur: workouts alone, no contact team practice, contact team practice, game play. Simply answering a few questions should not be taken as sufficient indication that he was not more seriously injured and the team should have continued to err on the side of caution in regard to ensuring his health. Failing to do so is dangerous and unprofessional.

If Hossa was "shaken" only because he had the crap scared out of him at the thought of getting another head trauma he deserves our sympathy, but Hansen did not deserve a suspension when one of the reasons for it given was "injury." To the best of my knowledge, the NHL has never used psychological state as a definable "injury." So, either Hossa got a physical injury, in which case even without symptoms should not be back playing so quickly, or there was no physical reason for him to be "shaken" and that should not have been used as evidence of an "injury."

I understand some people's point of view that it was a head hit and that alone warrants suspension. Fair enough. But, answer me this: Would this hit have been called a penalty, much less given (or having been seen as deserving) a suspension had the guy who was hit not even flinched, much less dropped to the ice motionless for several minutes before being helped off the ice? Again, I'm not saying Hossa faked it. I think he was scared and I feel bad for the guy. But, if it had not been Hossa, and people weren't remembering (and constantly referencing) another, completely unrelated hit Hossa received in the same area of the ice would this hit have been seen as deserving a suspension?

And since people on both sides question others using their personal experience or common sense as the basis of their medical assumptions, here are some direct quotes from HealthLink BC, people with actual medical knowledge.

It is not always easy to know if someone has a concussion. You don't have to pass out (lose consciousness) to have a concussion.
Symptoms of a concussion range from mild to severe and can last for hours, days, weeks, or even months.

Source: http://www.healthlin...p23364spec.html

Anyone who has a head injury during a sporting event needs to immediately stop all activity and not return to play that day. Being active again before the brain returns to normal functioning increases the person's risk of having a more serious brain injury.
The first treatment for a concussion is rest, both physical and mental. The return to play needs to occur in a gradual, step-by-step way:

• No activity. This means complete physical and mental rest.
  • Light aerobic activity. This can include walking, swimming, or other exercise at less than 70% maximum heart rate. No resistance training is included in this step.
  • Sport-specific exercise. This includes skating drills or running drills (depending on the sport) but no head impact.
  • Non-contact training drills. This includes more complex training drills such as passing. The athlete may also begin light resistance training.
  • Full contact practice. A medical professional must agree that the athlete is ready. The athlete can participate in normal training.
  • Return to play. This is the final step and allows the athlete to join in normal game play.
The athlete must be symptom-free for 24 hours at the current level of activity before moving on to the next step. If one or more symptoms return, the player needs to go back to the previous level of activity with no symptoms for at least 24 hours before trying to do more. A doctor must always make the final decision about whether a player is ready to return to full-contact play.

Source: http://www.healthlin...ial/tv6824.html

And people, please stop saying Hansen "elbowed" Hossa. He didn't! Even in the supsension video Shanahan says Hansen hit Hossa with his forearm NOT his elbow. Have any opinion you want, but at least base it in reality!
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#157 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,674 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Next Winter Classic should be in Chicago and the Nucks vs Blackhawks and have them do a 24/7 on that rivalry...its time

Umm...there's nothing west of Chicago (except for Phoenix). Don't you know that?

Signed,
-Gary Bettman

#158 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,600 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

And the oscar for best actress goes to, Marian Hossa!

Also of note best actress in a supporting role also goes to fellow Blackhawk, Brandon Bollig.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#159 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

And people, please stop saying Hansen "elbowed" Hossa. He didn't! Even in the supsension video Shanahan says Hansen hit Hossa with his forearm NOT his elbow. Have any opinion you want, but at least base it in reality!

I agree completly, also when watching the replay slowed dowed you can also see that Hansen hits Hossa's shoulder initally and then rides up to connect with the back of his head.
I do believe that Hansen realized he would not be able to reach the puck and desided to hit Hossa to knock him off balance. This is only considered a careless play because of the "injury" that occured. Had there not been an injury this looks like many other plays throughout a game that are not questioned at all.
Some people on here are suggesting that an Injury is anything that hurts like Hamhuis's hand but like James Caan points out in The Program, "if you're hurt you can still play but if you're injured you can't".
Hossa wasn't injured, he was hurt and the Hawks correctly played it safe in that situation.

Edited by bigpush, 23 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#160 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Some of you need to grow up. The guy just had a serious concussion last season, takes a knock to the head.... he likely needed to spend the mandatory 15? minutes in the quiet room. If he was only "faking" to gain a penalty he would of been back in the game...especially considering he was on fire that night and it went to OT. Why would the blackhawks give 2 craps if Janick Hansen gets suspended or not.... The coaches obviously kept him out as a precaution and hell if this was Daniel taking that hit and going down i sure as hell hope AV would do the same and keep him out for the exact same reasons.

I get that the Hawks are a hated rival but a little common sense please.

#161 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

like James Caan points out in The Program, "if you're hurt you can still play but if you're injured you can't".
Hossa wasn't injured, he was hurt and the Hawks correctly played it safe in that situation.

Ummm, your logic doesn't seem to flow here even if one were to believe a movie assessment of injury (which isn't exactly scientific). The definition you give is 100% contradictory to your conclusion.

If you can't play you are injured.... Hossa COULDN'T play, so your conclusion is that he wasn't injured?!!!!? That is the opposite of the definition you gave.

So your suggestion must be that even though he didn't play the rest of the game, it isn't because he was injured (as we could surmise from your own definition)... but it was because he was only "hurt" and the trainers treated him like he was "injured".

Well, I guess that is more possible than the suggestions he is faking it... still a pretty big stretch to make it work with your own logic.

Edited by Provost, 23 February 2013 - 04:56 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#162 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Some of you need to grow up. The guy just had a serious concussion last season, takes a knock to the head.... he likely needed to spend the mandatory 15? minutes in the quiet room. If he was only "faking" to gain a penalty he would of been back in the game...especially considering he was on fire that night and it went to OT. Why would the blackhawks give 2 craps if Janick Hansen gets suspended or not.... The coaches obviously kept him out as a precaution and hell if this was Daniel taking that hit and going down i sure as hell hope AV would do the same and keep him out for the exact same reasons.

If it were Daniel going down there would be calls here for a lifetime ban and for the culprit to get "Bertuzzi"ed. I have bad news for you: common sense left this thread a long time ago.

#163 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 23,625 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:23 PM

POPULAR

It wasn't Daniel, so that's irrelevant. And Hamhuis gets bashed around all the time with a similar history....you don't see him playing speedbump. Hossa lay there, pretty much motionless, for some time - what the hell was that all about? And is back out on the ice, playing like there's no tomorrow now? He WAS injured but the next day was not? What was it then?...a hangnail? As the thread says, miraculous. Because you don't "recover" that quickly from a head related injury after a concussion. Either you were ok or you were not...the grey areas are treated like you are not, to air on the side of safety.

Again, if someone reacts like they've been shot, then is carted out and "observed" it should be mandatory that they miss a game. That way, there's no uncertainty...guys will only stay down if they have to because it'll cost them some ice time. Would solve everything.

Posted Image

#164 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:39 PM

If it were Daniel going down there would be calls here for a lifetime ban and for the culprit to get "Bertuzzi"ed. I have bad news for you: common sense left this thread a long time ago.

Ah yes. If you recall Keith tried to end Daniel's career and got a measly 5 games. If it was a revenge hit then it should have at least cost him the playoffs (Bertuzzi precedent)

I am sure all these Blackhawk fans were calling for the same justice, aye?

Weather or not Hossa embellished isn't nearly as odd as Chicago withholding any statement about his condition until after Hansen was conveniently suspended. You want class from the NHL? Start with your team.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#165 bigpush

bigpush

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Ummm, your logic doesn't seem to flow here even if one were to believe a movie assessment of injury (which isn't exactly scientific). The definition you give is 100% contradictory to your conclusion.

If you can't play you are injured.... Hossa COULDN'T play, so your conclusion is that he wasn't injured?!!!!? That is the opposite of the definition you gave.

So your suggestion must be that even though he didn't play the rest of the game, it isn't because he was injured (as we could surmise from your own definition)... but it was because he was only "hurt" and the trainers treated him like he was "injured".

Well, I guess that is more possible than the suggestions he is faking it... still a pretty big stretch to make it work with your own logic.

Of course its not scientific its just a awesome movie reference and the point I am making is that Hossa didn't play the rest of the game because he took a hit to the head and either he or the trainers decided to play it safe. If he was concussed because that is the injury we are talking about, he wouldn't of been practicing the next day or playing the next game. So no concussion=no injury, thus he was hurt and played it safe which was the right move. Unfortunate for the Hansen and the Canucks, fortunate for Hossa and the BlackHawks.

Edited by bigpush, 23 February 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#166 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,600 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

His concussion was SO bad he was practicing two days later... :rolleyes:

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#167 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Ah yes. If you recall Keith tried to end Daniel's career and got a measly 5 games. If it was a revenge hit then it should have at least cost him the playoffs (Bertuzzi precedent)

Weather or not Hossa embellished isn't nearly as odd as Chicago withholding any statement about his condition until after Hansen was conveniently suspended. You want class from the NHL? Start with your team.

Withholding a statement??? Q said in the postgame that Hossa seemed fine but they would know tomorrow....and then the next day he confirmed that Hossa had passed his tests and was feeling better.

How exactly is that withholding information? Or were just making up your facts instead of looking up your facts?

#168 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

His concussion was SO bad he was practicing two days later... :rolleyes:

He was diagnosed with a concussion? When did anyone from the Blackhawks say that Hossa got a concussion?

#169 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

It wasn't Daniel, so that's irrelevant. And Hamhuis gets bashed around all the time with a similar history....you don't see him playing speedbump. Hossa lay there, pretty much motionless, for some time - what the hell was that all about? And is back out on the ice, playing like there's no tomorrow now? He WAS injured but the next day was not? What was it then?...a hangnail? As the thread says, miraculous. Because you don't "recover" that quickly from a head related injury after a concussion. Either you were ok or you were not...the grey areas are treated like you are not, to air on the side of safety.

Again, if someone reacts like they've been shot, then is carted out and "observed" it should be mandatory that they miss a game. That way, there's no uncertainty...guys will only stay down if they have to because it'll cost them some ice time. Would solve everything.

If Daniel is irrelevant then so is Hamhuis, no?

#170 Tanikins

Tanikins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

Lol. And we Canuck fans wonder why the league hates us so much. Hansen got ONE GAME. Yet most of you were b1tching and whining. Honestly, it seems like it's always that we are complaining about everything. For once can we just take the high road and say "Hey, that's great news, Hossa is a great player."

Its not the fact that Hansen was suspended for one game its the fact that Hansen now has a record that he doesn't deserve because a BlackHawk player was 'hurt' on a play that originally shouldn't have warranted a suspension in fact I don't think the Refs would have even penalized Hansen if Hossa hadn't fallen to the ice like he was shot.

Edited by Gillyfluffball, 23 February 2013 - 10:18 PM.

29mln9e.jpg
Do Not Trade Tanevbjhfh0.jpg

Thanks TS <3

formely known as Gillyfluffball

#171 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

Withholding a statement??? Q said in the postgame that Hossa seemed fine but they would know tomorrow....and then the next day he confirmed that Hossa had passed his tests and was feeling better.

How exactly is that withholding information? Or were just making up your facts instead of looking up your facts?

Post game quote:

"We will know more tomorrow," Quenneville said. "It was a major concern, so hopefully he is OK. I think everybody saw it. Everybody can have their own opinion. So we'll let the people who do that stuff do their job

I know your Hawks media likes to invent silly stuff about how all the Hawks breath smell like gingerbread and they only fart rainbows, but this is the direct quote off TSN that has no real bias to either team. It doesn't say "he's fine" it says he is under observation. We got no "fine" out of Hossa till after the suspension.

And way to duck and hide from my other points. Here they are again in case you forgot:

That's about all you are going to troll out of me.

Edited by TimberWolf, 23 February 2013 - 11:17 PM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#172 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Post game quote:

"We will know more tomorrow," Quenneville said. "It was a major concern, so hopefully he is OK. I think everybody saw it. Everybody can have their own opinion. So we'll let the people who do that stuff do their job

You missed the opening sentence to that quote. "I saw Hossa after the game, he seemed OK but we will know more tomorrow." Exactly how skolozsy2 said it.

http://www.csnchicag...a-s-injury.htm?

The other dude had it right, you had it wrong. You might want to actually look stuff up before calling someone out on it... it took me 10 seconds and Google to get the actual video and quote that we referred to.

I think taking 10 seconds to check your facts before calling someone out for being a troll is a fairly wise move... if they turn out to be accurate as in this case, then you sure end up looking like a huge doofus.

Edited by Provost, 23 February 2013 - 11:59 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#173 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,404 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

You missed the opening sentence to that quote. "I saw Hossa after the game, he seemed OK but we will know more tomorrow." Exactly how skolozsy2 said it.

http://www.csnchicag...a-s-injury.htm?

The other dude had it right, you had it wrong. You might want to actually look stuff up before calling someone out on it... it took me 10 seconds and Google to get the actual video and quote that we referred to.

Since when did right and wrong matter when it comes to the Blackhawks? .. they are one of the "Franchises" that "controls" the NHL .. with a lil east coast lawyer as their frontman .. :)

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#174 Duncan Keith's Elbow

Duncan Keith's Elbow

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:27 AM

Typical blackhawk doubletalk. First, it's a bunch of goons, headhunters, and pugilists Now, it's divers, gutless, and sisters. Funny thing is, the two cannot exist in one entity. Consistency is the key; unfortunately, the typical Blackhawk fan possesses none, and thus engages in hypocritical attempts at trash-taking.

What's it going to be, donuts? Are you finally going to snap out of your media-induced hypnosis and see that your thinking is flawed, or would you rather stay in fantasy-land?

Uhh... Yes they can actually. Divers/whiners/wimps = Sedins, Kesler, Burrows, Luongo, Lapierre. Cheapshot artists/goons = Hansen, Bieksa, Weise, Hamhuis. Come to think of it, several of these guys could be put in both categories. So basically your argument has no merit whatsoever and is based upon nothing other than pathological homer bias.

Also, you didn't answer the question. What would Hossa have to gain by sitting out the third period of a close game aginst the Hawks arch rivals if he was not injured? do you honestly believe that the Hawks best player would fake an injury and give the Canucks a major advantage in the game - when he was a goal away from a hattrick no less - just for the possibility of getting one of the Canucks' bottom 6 grinders suspended for one game against another team in February?

Didn't even read past this because you've missed my point, so listen carefully.

IF HE HAD BEEN INJURED, even slightly, with his history HE SHOULD (and unless his team is completely negligent- would) NOT HAVE BEEN SKATING. You don't shake off a second head trauma after a severe concussion that easily or quickly. So the clear determination is that there was no injury, or he would have been out of the line up for a period.

Of course if a player who'd returned from a severe concussion received a blow that "injured" him he'd miss some time.

You seem to have mistaken the fact that he lay there on the ice as proof that he was injured but it is not.

I am not inventing anything. If there is no injury a day after the incident then there simply wasn't an "injury" period. An injury means there was damage done and he simply wouldn't recover that quickly.

You're missing how it works...protocol with concussions means that any re-injury is serious. There is no room for allowance. Of course he said that - he knew his player would be right back out there because there was nothing wrong with him.

I pose the same question to you as the previous poster. Why would a marquee superstar like Hossa fake an injury to get a dime a dozen scrub like Hansen suspended for one game in February? the Canucks very nearly came back to win thanks to Hossa's absence. Do you think Hossa and the Hawks would have considered squandering a victory against their arch rivals a reasonable trade off for helping Dallas gain a minor advantage in the Canucks' next game?

Also, have you ever been any sort of athlete or had a concussion? I'm guessing no and no. Concussions are a complex medical condition which are still very much a mystery. There are no concrete "rules" about what can or cannot cause symptoms to reoccur or fade. Hossa felt shaky after Hansen drove his forearm/elbow into the back of his head, so the Hawks medical staff had him sit out the rest of the game as so not to risk re-aggravating his concussion any further. Simple as that.

I realize that Canucks fans hate the Hawks and are very bitter about losing to them, but that does not mean there is a leaguewide conspiracy against the Canucks or that the Hawks had to have broken the rules somehow. Sometimes you just get beat.

Also out of curiosity, how did you get to be a mod on this site? serious question.

Edited by Duncan Keith's Elbow, 24 February 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#175 Hairy Kneel

Hairy Kneel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

Wait, Keith gets 4 more games for a BLATANT intent to injure blow to the head of Sedin (losing him for the playoffs) and Hansen gets 20% of that for an INCIDENTAL contact manufactured into an overblown-over reaction by a big market US based team?Go figure!! Punk move nhl,punk.

Edited by debluvscanucks, 24 February 2013 - 07:50 AM.
swear filter bypass

#176 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:35 AM

Why are there blackhawk fans on this board ? I don't have an account at any other nhl message board....Seems kinda stupid.
Posted Image

#177 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,306 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

NVMD I am not getting trolled any more today.

Edited by TimberWolf, 24 February 2013 - 01:12 AM.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

#178 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

Post game quote:

I know your Hawks media likes to invent silly stuff about how all the Hawks breath smell like gingerbread and they only fart rainbows, but this is the direct quote off TSN that has no real bias to either team. It doesn't say "he's fine" it says he is under observation. We got no "fine" out of Hossa till after the suspension.

And way to duck and hide from my other points. Here they are again in case you forgot:

That's about all you are going to troll out of me.

ah...so looking up and stating facts is trolling. Gotcha....i will just start talking out my a$$ from now on and make up my information if that would be better.

Sorry, didnt know we were talking about Kieth. What Duncs did was un-acceptable, you will be hard-pressed to find a Hawks fan that would say differently, it was a dirty play! Alot of fans were disappointed with his actions.

If you take the time, i am sure you can find Hawks fans reactions to both Dunc's hit and suspension somewhere online. Or.......you can just make up the reactions of Hawks fans you assume they would have. Its up to you.

Now, on the subject of ducking and hiding, how exactly did the Hawks withhold information on the Hossa injury? You never responded to that question after I provided you with some facts. Oops, I forgot. Providing facts=trolling and you're done responding to trolls.

#179 skolozsy2

skolozsy2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:30 AM

Why are there blackhawk fans on this board ? I don't have an account at any other nhl message board....Seems kinda stupid.

I only came here to see if you wanted to go out for an ice cream after the game.....unfortunetly, you dont seem all that interested though.

#180 Crazyhawk

Crazyhawk

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

I'm surprised that this thread has lingered on for so long, but then again seeing as it is about a Blackhawk/Canuck issue maybe not. After reading through all of the posts ( painful to do ) what I can surmise from the negative posts from Canuck fans ( once I remove the obvious reactionary posts ) is that their concern is that Hansen now has a record which will effect him going forward.
Though this is true I really don't think it is as big a deal as for example another player who has received a 3 or 5 game suspension.
1 game is the minimum and if graded against all the other players in the NHL who have had suspensions Hansen would be at the very bottom of the list. Hansen is the only Canuck with a record now am I right? And it is only a 1 game suspension. This would put the Canucks at the bottom of the naughty list league wide regarding having players with records would it not?
So what is there to complain about ... really ... in the scheme of things the Canucks are doing pretty much alright. As some of your own fans have mentioned on this thread the whining and complaining is at times over the top. Having had lived in Vancouver for 20 plus years my 2c : the constant lack of sun during the winter months in lovely Vancouver does have an effect on the collective psyche of the people. Makes them a little more grumpy .. that's all. So go out and buy one of those lights and read a nice novel beside it for an hour every day and enjoy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.