The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Marian Hossa makes miracle recovery, practicing with Blackhawks.

lol at all the wannabe MD's here (especially since Dr. Recchi is so popular around here). Here we are once again at CDC where one of our players (my favorite Canuck btw) has done a dumb thing and once again clocked an opponent from behind in the head causing a player to leave the game with an injury and the choir is clamouring that the injured party is faking it because they weren't taken off the ice in a bag and had to miss a year of hockey. The ultimate case of this was, of course, Steve Moore who is to this day accused of faking an injury and symptoms for something like EIGHT YEARS just to squeeze a few million bucks out of Saint Todd Bertuzzi. Similar instances were when Torres clobbered Eberle and Rome laid his headshot on Horton. In every case this board has exploded with accusations of fraud against the victims ("look, he was able to take a sip from his water bottle at the press conference", "look he was able to celebrate his team's Stanley Cup win from the sidelines" etc. etc.). I guess the mindset here is that in order to offset the misdeeds of your chosen team you must cast aspersions of the character of the victims while painting a portrait of an innocent victim of circumstance ("he was just defending his captain", "he was trying to get at a loose puck" or my personal favorite "that was just a hockey play"). Is it any wonder that the rest of the hockey world views Canuck fans is the most uncomplimentary light possible? We screwed up; man up, take your medicine and move on!

There you go again, exaggerating things to make your point stronger.

He did not "clock" him...they collided.

He was not injured...and if you try to tell me he was, I'll ask why his team is then irresponsibility allowing him to skate with his history? He is not injured, bottom line. Provost, this is in relation to you stating there was an injury as well.

Are you really daring to even put this in the same paragraph as Bertuzzi? It makes your case weaker, not stronger, when you grasp at straws like this. Give us something concrete or don't bother. You're only trolling/insulting the fan base but you're offering little more in that block of text.

lol at all the wannabe MD's here (especially since Dr. Recchi is so popular around here). Here we are once again at CDC where one of our players (my favorite Canuck btw) has done a dumb thing and once again clocked an opponent from behind in the head causing a player to leave the game with an injury and the choir is clamouring that the injured party is faking it because they weren't taken off the ice in a bag and had to miss a year of hockey. The ultimate case of this was, of course, Steve Moore who is to this day accused of faking an injury and symptoms for something like EIGHT YEARS just to squeeze a few million bucks out of Saint Todd Bertuzzi. Similar instances were when Torres clobbered Eberle and Rome laid his headshot on Horton. In every case this board has exploded with accusations of fraud against the victims ("look, he was able to take a sip from his water bottle at the press conference", "look he was able to celebrate his team's Stanley Cup win from the sidelines" etc. etc.). I guess the mindset here is that in order to offset the misdeeds of your chosen team you must cast aspersions of the character of the victims while painting a portrait of an innocent victim of circumstance ("he was just defending his captain", "he was trying to get at a loose puck" or my personal favorite "that was just a hockey play"). Is it any wonder that the rest of the hockey world views Canuck fans is the most uncomplimentary light possible? We screwed up; man up, take your medicine and move on!

Wow. I was expecting to see a lot of ridiculous whiny posts when I came here but you guys are even dumber than I expected. Hossa dove? seriously? :lol:

Do you people seriously think one of our best players would fake an injury and leave the game when he was on the verge of a hattrick in a close game against our most hated rivals just to possibly get one of your 4th line scrubs suspended for 1 game? grow brains please.

Maybe if a guy like Kesler had delivered a cheapshot to a guy like Brookbank you could make such accusations. But really, Canucks fans are the last fans in the league in any position to accuse other teams of diving or gutless play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urIlWcdT6i4

Hansen hit Hossa's head with his arm/elbow while reaching for the puck, even though it was an accident Hansen still needs to be accountable for the head shot. It's like a player carelessly high sticking somebody, the intent to injure was not there but the deed still happened.

One game isn't the end of the world, especially since the Canucks won that game. If a Blackhawk hit a Canuck that way nobody here would be outraged by the suspension. I personally don't think Hansen should have been suspended, but I don't think one game is outrageous either.

Hansen hit Hossa's head with his arm/elbow while reaching for the puck, even though it was an accident Hansen still needs to be accountable for the head shot. It's like a player carelessly high sticking somebody, the intent to injure was not there but the deed still happened.

One game isn't the end of the world, especially since the Canucks won that game. If a Blackhawk hit a Canuck that way nobody here would be outraged by the suspension. I personally don't think Hansen should have been suspended, but I don't think one game is outrageous either.

Hawks are a great team but Hossa is a PUSSYcat and there are a few others on the team that make for a great rivalry. Can't wait for this to boil over once again!

Dana White should promote it for Pay Per view only.

I'm all for skilled entertaining hockey. Butttt.....

Enough of the family game crap this needs to get ugly! You know we would all watch that. An uncensored unfiltered broadcast with the refs just calling the infractions and allowing the teams to beat the daylights out of each other. Mic up the players and head cams. Amazing!

One can dream.

You are inventing a definition of the word "injury" in order to try to make a bad argument.

The dude missed the last period of the game after the hit. He was INJURED!!!!

You keep stating that to be considered injured he has to miss a bunch of practices and games.

Didn't even read past this because you've missed my point, so listen carefully.

IF HE HAD BEEN INJURED, even slightly, with his history HE SHOULD (and unless his team is completely negligent- would) NOT HAVE BEEN SKATING. You don't shake off a second head trauma after a severe concussion that easily or quickly. So the clear determination is that there was no injury, or he would have been out of the line up for a period.

Of course if a player who'd returned from a severe concussion received a blow that "injured" him he'd miss some time.

You seem to have mistaken the fact that he lay there on the ice as proof that he was injured but it is not.

I am not inventing anything. If there is no injury a day after the incident then there simply wasn't an "injury" period. An injury means there was damage done and he simply wouldn't recover that quickly.

Immediately after the game, at the first opportunity he had in front of a microphone, the Hawks coach said it wasn't serious. Wow... sounds like a conspiracy to get Hansen a long suspension to me!

You're missing how it works...protocol with concussions means that any re-injury is serious. There is no room for allowance. Of course he said that - he knew his player would be right back out there because there was nothing wrong with him.

Didn't even read past this because you've missed my point, so listen carefully.

IF HE HAD BEEN INJURED, even slightly, with his history HE SHOULD (and unless his team is completely negligent- would) NOT HAVE BEEN SKATING. You don't shake off a second head trauma after a severe concussion that easily or quickly. So the clear determination is that there was no injury, or he would have been out of the line up for a period.

Of course if a player who'd returned from a severe concussion received a blow that "injured" him he'd miss some time.

You seem to have mistaken the fact that he lay there on the ice as proof that he was injured but it is not.

I am not inventing anything. If there is no injury a day after the incident then there simply wasn't an "injury" period. An injury means there was damage done and he simply wouldn't recover that quickly.

Archived