Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jono2009

Kassian's chance with Kes

43 posts in this topic

Well if Kesler would learn to use his linemates that would sure help. 5 on 5 that 2nd line is useless. Too much north south going on; that's what happens when he tries to carry the line on his back.

Funny how everyone hyped Kassian right away. He's done the same thing at every level he's payed. Been an allstar for the first 3-5 games then petered off to an average player. The hype and excitement of first games gets him rocking and he plays steller, then when that goes away he plays like a regular player. First games with the Canucks last year....."He's an allstar" played like a beast.....then tailed off. First few games with the Wolves this year.... "Allstar"....played amazing then tailed off. First few games with the Canucks this year....yep same story.

It's not a hard pattern to see, hopefully consistency will come with age but at the worst you know for big games and playoffs he'll be a beast. Potential is there but does he have the strenght and stamina to compete every game for a whole season because is pretty apparent that he only really shows up when he's fresh and there is a lot of adrenaline and excitement in his game.

Start the parade.

But seriously, regardless of the line combo's for awhile I can't wait until AV is comfortable with some solid lines eventually. Chemistry is fun to watch. Here's hoping tonight breaks the slump :towel:

Funny how everyone hyped Kassian right away. He's done the same thing at every level he's payed. Been an allstar for the first 3-5 games then petered off to an average player. The hype and excitement of first games gets him rocking and he plays steller, then when that goes away he plays like a regular player. First games with the Canucks last year....."He's an allstar" played like a beast.....then tailed off. First few games with the Wolves this year.... "Allstar"....played amazing then tailed off. First few games with the Canucks this year....yep same story.

It's not a hard pattern to see, hopefully consistency will come with age but at the worst you know for big games and playoffs he'll be a beast. Potential is there but does he have the strenght and stamina to compete every game for a whole season because is pretty apparent that he only really shows up when he's fresh and there is a lot of adrenaline and excitement in his game.

I think Kass tries to keep it simple most of the time. I think this line could be great together and maybe get a few games together to gel.

I say he could have had more points he set up some nice plays with no finish from the business end also for Kes to be more effective he needs to be a pass first player.

I'm more concerned that he seems to lack an aggressive edge. In Buffalo (according to Mike Peca) one of the knocks was he didn't care about being a team leader in hits and looking for situations to use his size and protecting his line mates. i don't mean just fighting either. He should be valuable even when not scoring. I don't see that willingness to get involved but big guys take longer to develop, we'll see.

I'm more concerned that he seems to lack an aggressive edge. In Buffalo (according to Mike Peca) one of the knocks was he didn't care about being a team leader in hits and looking for situations to use his size and protecting his line mates. i don't mean just fighting either. He should be valuable even when not scoring. I don't see that willingness to get involved but big guys take longer to develop, we'll see.

Yeah I'm pretty dissapointed at that part, wasn't he a beast in jrs? I've seen maybe one big hit from him this season.

Obviously his production is down he is gettin 4th line time I didn't even see him play in the third period against the hawks.

He will find his place.

i still think kassian should be with the sedins. burrows is better by himself then kassian is and its nice having a big body with the sedins to protect them and create space.. burrows and kesler on the 2nd line with booth would be decent, altho i doubt booth and kesler ever really gel.

Like other folks have said here..he's young and still figuring out what he is supposed to be.You have to patient.That being said,I did'nt think he had much chemistry with Kesler at all...hopefully,they'll prove me wrong.