42 replies to this topic

#31 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

One thing that bugs me, and maybe I am wrong, but when their shift is over I don't see Kesler talking to Kassian. Hank is always talking to his wingers about the last shift and Kesler should be the leader of his line. Maybe he doesn't want to rock the boat just getting back, but I would like to see him work with our budding young powerforward.

......He's never done it before ! What makes you think he'll ever start.
.................Kesler can just NOT play with his linemates.He can only create a disjointed line......(Proof) Check the last 3 seasons and the many many wingers he's had and unable to gel with.
Man all those wingers MUST have issues.Obviously not Kesler........oh wait ! I took off my glasses and it really does help to see the problem.

Edited by fagin, 21 February 2013 - 11:59 PM.

#32 wendythirteenthrashers

wendythirteenthrashers

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:01 AM

av should just put kes with volpatti and weise as a [ 2nd ] line....and leave higgy with lapierre and kass for the [ 4th ]..... thatd be interesting!!.....hahaha

#33 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

......He's never done it before ! What makes you think he'll ever start.
.................Kesler can just NOT play with his linemates.He can only create a disjointed line......(Proof) Check the last 3 seasons and the many many wingers he's had and unable to gel with.
Man all those wingers MUST have issues.Obviously not Kesler........oh wait ! I took off my glasses and it really does help to see the problem.

Yes, because Samuelsson's 30 goal and back to back 50 point seasons had absolutely nothing to do with Kesler...

#34 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

Yes, because Samuelsson's 30 goal and back to back 50 point seasons had absolutely nothing to do with Kesler...

...You're perfectly correct they didn't.He got them despite Kesler.
Samuelsson never needed Kesler.

#35 Butcher

Butcher

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

i still think kassian should be with the sedins. burrows is better by himself then kassian is and its nice having a big body with the sedins to protect them and create space.. burrows and kesler on the 2nd line with booth would be decent, altho i doubt booth and kesler ever really gel.

theres no way that Kassian is a better fit for the Sedins than Burrows. Burrows has something that i havent seen from Kassian yet (but may develop) and thats vision, burrows knows were to go and where to pass when the Sedins are on the ice. Hes got a great shot too as exemplified by his goal totals the last couple of years. Also he has the maturity to put in the effort every shift. Burrows is possibly the best fit the Sedins have ever had (ya ya Anson Carter had a good year when we didnt make the playoffs).

#36 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Might not NEED Kesler but it's easy to draw the conclusion that Kesler made Samuelsson better being that his career high totals peaked when he was playing with him.

#37 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:26 AM

Might not NEED Kesler but it's easy to draw the conclusion that Kesler made Samuelsson better being that his career high totals peaked when he was playing with him.

....Again it was despite him.Samuelsson knew his time was entering the twilight of his career and he himself re-juvenated his game.
For him to make anyone better he needs to play with them NOT as he always has, as if he has no wingers.Again it was despite him being on the line.Selke or not(CANCER ) is his middle name.

Edited by fagin, 22 February 2013 - 12:31 AM.

#38 KraKassian

KraKassian

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:28 AM

....Again it was despite him.Samuelsson knew his time was entering the twilight of his career and he himself re-juvenated his game.

Nice assumption, weird that his game was even more re-juvenated during the playoffs then? Maybe Samuelsson was the real superstar and we just overlooked him...

#39 fagin

fagin

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Nice assumption, weird that his game was even more re-juvenated during the playoffs then? Maybe Samuelsson was the real superstar and we just overlooked him...

.....You got it ! Samuelsson also proved he still had it after Vancouver.Kes well,he went on the slide down hill that he has yet to come back from.......He needs to be used in a trade to re-assemble a 2nd line that can actually play together.
Like the players before Kes came back were doing but,a huge step up.That's what we need.

Edited by fagin, 22 February 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#40 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

Now that is just complete jibberish. All three benefited from each other, and yes both Raymond and Samuelsson got a lot more open ice because of the attention Kesler would draw. But Kesler also benefited in a big was from having Raymonds speed to open open the ice for him and Samuelsson was an excellent passer.

The problems started when Kesler decided he didnt need his wingers any longer and decided to stop using them, I would say right after the Nashville series?

#41 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Don't feed the troll...

#42 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,885 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Kass is still very young and relatively inexperienced. Like Schroeder has done, Kass just needs to focus on playing good D. He's gonna be a great player.

Edited by SILLY GOOSE, 22 February 2013 - 11:06 AM.

G4fSut.gif

#43 Ihatetomatoes

Ihatetomatoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

That was before Kesler thought he was Ovechkin. Kesler used to be a great linemate when he was a grinder finding his scoring touch. People forget that every winger you used to put on his line he'd have great chemistry with. Now he thinks he's the cats ass and won't pass because he thinks he needs to do it all on his own.

Kes needs to remember who he truly is....a gloryfied grinder with one 40 goal season.....one. Get that attitude back and we'll see success.
Its hard to care when you don't

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.